• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's them being too secretive that's spreading bad atmosphere to all of us atm.

Not really. While I'm not too thrilled with how they've handled releasing information about the new series either, I wouldn't blame them for the bad atmosphere. That's the result of people jumping to conclusions, assuming the worse with virtually no information and presenting theories like this being set in an AU or that it is going to be focused more on mobile games as confirmed facts.

Not really. While I'm not too thrilled with how they've handled releasing information about the new series either, I wouldn't blame them for the bad atmosphere. That's the result of people jumping to conclusions, assuming the worse with virtually no information and presenting theories like this being set in an AU or that it is going to be focused more on mobile games as confirmed facts.
Mind you, unlike the previous movies and anime that would showcase a Next Gen Pokemon before their game's release, this year Gen 8 hadn't gotten that royal treatment and instead are left with nothing.

Last edited:
Mind you, unlike the previous movies and anime that would showcase a Next Gen Pokemon before their game's release, this year Gen 8 hadn't gotten that royal treatment and instead are left with nothing.
However, that does not mean that they are rebooting everything. It would be a horrible move to reboot right after Ash finally won a league.

However, that does not mean that they are rebooting everything. It would be a horrible move to reboot right after Ash finally won a league.
What if they might do. This isn't to do with video games nor anime anymore, it is a big juggernaut empire of a media franchise that makes it's money on merchandising and now mobile games. I'm surprised Disney hadn't bought them yet.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYL48p-zABc

This interview's description to who would get Grookey sounds to me like it would belong to the Female Companion for Galar in the anime, since it likes dancing and parties.

I think that if there is a third companion then they would've revealed them by now.
Same. And I also think that if they were introducing a new companion they wouldn't advertise the series as having 2 protagonists. That would be pretty mean to the new character and only enforce them as a third-wheel. I think the team will just be Ash an Gou, augmented with previous companions. That or Ash and Gou will travel separately with their own companions.

The sense of doom and gloom with the side of pointless panic makes reading this thread really exhausting for me.

I agree but it's the same 2 or 3 people with repetitive posts being extremely negative and not only that they're spreading fake news, false info/disinformation, I think I'll wait until saturday, this thread is a mess...

I like the music! :) I think the new anime will have great music/soundtrack...

Having Ash and Gou in Johto and Unova in the pics makes me think that they'd likely visit those places first. Perhaps Ash's first stop in his world tour is Unova for the Pokemon World Tournament!

Having Ash and Gou in Johto and Unova in the pics makes me think that they'd likely visit those places first. Perhaps Ash's first stop in his world tour is Unova for the Pokemon World Tournament!
Could be. Although his first stops will likely be Galar and Sinnoh.

The way they keep promoting double protagonists all the time, it seems there's gonna be no 3rd companion this time around. But we can be sure the two will have the same amount of focus and similar importance (maybe more than Hikari had in DP).

I'm betting on important recurring characters to fill the girl spot.

I would only see them doing that at the very end of the saga.

Well he kind of just won a league so he could perhaps take part in the champions tournament... Round 1 could be him versus Iris where he loses.

Well he kind of just won a league so he could perhaps take part in the champions tournament... Round 1 could be him versus Iris where he loses.
You're forgetting SwSh promotion. There might be a Champions Tornament hosted in Galar this time around.

Regardless to it's faults, Pokemon X and Y, I believe was the last ''True'' Pokemon game with traditional gameplay and story Game Freak ever produced before turning to this different direction for Gen 7 and 8.

I think that if there is a third companion then they would've revealed them by now.

I don't quite understand that logic. They haven't revealed Team Rocket for the series yet, but I don't see a lot of people claiming that they won't be in the series as a result. Yes, I know that there is a Meowth being carried by Dragonite on the poster, but they still haven't announced anything about Team Rocket officially either. It wouldn't be the best marketing decision to not have a female character in the cast either. I just think that we know too little about the series to assume that there won't be a female lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom