• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s still possible that it’d gain the fairy typing in the evolution, although remaining pure psychic, or gaining the flying type, are also possible options.

It’s an interesting curveball. One thing, based on Sonia’s research notes, I don’t think we’ll get to know a lot of new mons before release.

Is there a particular reason they refuse to officially reveal Impidimp? We knew about that thing since June. Also, I hope they have another proper trailer ready for this month, because this just isn't enough.
Someone speculated that it might be because Impidimp’s line is the pseudolegendary one

It’s honestly weird how they’re treating this Pokémon, so I think there’s something going on with it.

Wow this is so stupidly unbalanced. I’m once again on galarian farfetch’d. Either way nothing they could ever do to it would make it anywhere matched to Ponyta. I’m so mad about this! Plus the one is the same type as Bea’s gym, and Ponyta is strong against Allister’s. That is lame! I absolutely refuse to buy shield because the legendary looks ridiculous and I adore swords, but this is dumb. I also do not understand the psychic. It looks fairy. Ugh :/ so lame.
Psychic isn't super effective against ghost, other way around.

Galarian Ponyta have been found in a certain forest of the Galar region since ancient times. It is said that they were exposed to the overflowing life energy of the forest over many generations, and this is why their appearance became unique in this region.
Galarian Ponyta can absorb the life energy of the surrounding atmosphere and store it in its mane. It seems that Ponyta’s mane will become more colorful, and even emit a sparkling glow, if there is a lot of energy around.

All this life energy talk really makes me hope Grookey doesn't become Psychic. Grass/Psychic is not a good typing

People are speculating could also be Psychic typing. The colour of the typing is more the same shade of pink to Psychic than the more paler shade of Pink on Fairy. And from what Joe said on Twitter, its too blurry right now to get a solid answer. While I agree, it should and probably is Fairy, Ponyta could still end up being Psychic.
View attachment 126223
Yeah galarian Ponyta has psychic same impidimp Like Pink too.

Plus the one is the same type as Bea’s gym, and Ponyta is strong against Allister’s.
I thInk you mean strong against Bea’s and weak against Allister’s.
Is there a particular reason they refuse to officially reveal Impidimp? We knew about that thing since June. Also, I hope they have another proper trailer ready for this month, because this just isn't enough.
I have this really wacky dumb theory that (barring Galarian Forms/Evolutions and legendaries) they are only revealing Pokémon that were on that promotional artwork for Pokémon camp lol
Yeah galarian Ponyta has psychic same impidimp Like Pink too.
Impidimp is already confirmed as Dark/Fairy

It's not the fire horse Pokemon anymore.

Noticed that too. Makes it only the second Pokémon (after Hoopa) to change its category, I believe.

Also, I guess the missing tail was an animation error after all - surely the official site page would mentioned something about it if it weren't.

@swiftgallade46
Nope I mix up psychic being weak to ghost. I always think it is the opposite. Psychic is strong to ghost. So at least Ponyta is weak against the gym. Though sirfetch’d still sucks as it’s counterpart - -

Noticed that too. Makes it only the second Pokémon (after Hoopa) to change its category, I believe.

Also, I guess the missing tail was an animation error after all - surely the official site page would mentioned something about it if it weren't.
It was kind of necessary for Ponyta, given that its mane looks nothing like fire (side note, I’m happy it lost the fire typing since I plan to start with Scorbunny).

The unique horn idea is a funny one, although it might also lead to something more with the evolution.

Yep, the Blitze leak is completely thrown out of the window by they reveal, I’d say.

Actually I wouldn't be so sure about that the leak only said that Ponyta and Bliztle would get galar forms and evolutions, and that they would be version exclusives. It never said that they would be pure fairy, only that they would be used by Opal, and there is still a good chance that they get the fairy type upon evolving.

I wonder if Ponyta is still physical oriented. Or maybe it gets a boost in it's sp.atk. Kinda needs to to make use of the psychic type. If not, it can at least learn Heart Stamp and Zen Headbutt

Someone speculated that it might be because Impidimp’s line is the pseudolegendary one

It’s honestly weird how they’re treating this Pokémon, so I think there’s something going on with it.
That sounds plausible, but they revealed Jangmo-o without hesitation during the Sun/Moon news cycle. I don't understand why would they even put Impidimp in that Nessa demo. This isn't even the situation where someone hacked Volcanion, Diancie and Hoopa prematurely and we were all forced to pretend like their reveals were genuine news. Impidimp was shown to us on purpose, not by some coincidence.

Actually I wouldn't be so sure about that the leak only said that Ponyta and Bliztle would get galar forms and evolutions, and that they would be version exclusives. It never said that they would be pure fairy, only that they would be used by Opal, and there is still a good chance that they get the fairy type upon evolving.
You’re right, as I also believe that Rapidash might gain that typing, and the leak referenced that Pokémon, not Ponyta.

It’s just quite weird how Famitsu seems (hopefully we’ll have more info tomorrow) that Sirfetch’d and Ponyta are exclusive counterparts, if Blitze is there.

Not only it’s make sense to put opposite to each other Pokémon in similar situations (cross evo, Galarian forms, pseudo), but if Zebstrika and Rapidash would also be exclusive Pokémon in terms of gym fighting, the situation is even weirder.

But this whole marketing cycle has been weird, so we’ll see. I would like that leak to be true, because it’d mean there’s more balance in version exclusives and that GF worked on cross evo and Galarian form for different gen Pokémon. I know about zigzagoon, but I partially fear they went for him because they wouldn’t give another form to Rattata.

I wonder if Ponyta is still physical oriented. Or maybe it gets a boost in it's sp.atk. Kinda needs to to make use of the psychic type. If not, it can at least learn Heart Stamp and Zen Headbutt
They might’ve also created a peculiar move for its line, physical oriented.

On this note, an additional flying type might work best if the line remains physical oriented, as it has good physical moves, especially in comparison to the fairy typing.

They might’ve also created a peculiar move for its line, physical oriented.

On this note, an additional flying type might work best if the line remains physical oriented, as it has good physical moves, especially in comparison to the fairy typing.
Fairy type can also still work, with Play Rough.

That sounds plausible, but they revealed Jangmo-o without hesitation during the Sun/Moon news cycle.

Then again, they revealed just about everything without hesitation during the Sun/Moon news cycle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom