• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is essentially what I said lol
I forgot to add that I was meaning Sirfetch’d is the same type as Bea’s gym. When I was thinking reversed my brain said sirfetch’d was equal to Bea, and Ponyta was strong to Allister’s. Which irritated me as a version exclusive. But neither has an advantage to the gym. So it at least balances that way. Unless of course you trade.
~~~~
I am curious if Rapidash will gain a ghost typing now, because I would think Bea uses Sirfetch’d, but that doesn’t seem accurate. Because I really cannot see how a pokemon that became so involved in the energy and life around it becomes a ghost type

Wow this is so stupidly unbalanced. I’m once again on galarian farfetch’d. Either way nothing they could ever do to it would make it anywhere matched to Ponyta. I’m so mad about this! Plus the one is the same type as Bea’s gym, and Ponyta is strong against Allister’s. That is lame! I absolutely refuse to buy shield because the legendary looks ridiculous and I adore swords, but this is dumb. I also do not understand the psychic. It looks fairy. Ugh :/ so lame.
@swiftgallade46
Nope I mix up psychic being weak to ghost. I always think it is the opposite. Psychic is strong to ghost. So at least Ponyta is weak against the gym. Though sirfetch’d still sucks as it’s counterpart - -
Funny enough, a glitch/programming mistake in Gen I made Psychic-type immune to Ghost-type moves, and the fact that the Gengar line is still weak to Psychic because of being part Poison (and being the only Ghost-types that generation), this technically was true at one point.

Pure Psychic huh. Thats a surprise (Also, why will a Psychic type being in a forest with a Dark and a Ghost type, doesn't make much sense).

We might get Impidimp tomorrow (Unless Impidimp does end up being the Psuedo legendary).

I'm into Team Shield since the beginning. The fact that Galarian Ponyta is a Shield's exclusive only makes my choice even more absolute and certain. However, I don't like Grame Freak limiting it to Shield version. I hope you Sirfetch't fans can get one via trade! After this reveal, I don't know if the Sirfetch't/Chatot rumor was debunked. Is Sirfetch't supposed to be Ponyta's counterpart in SwSh?

I'm into Team Shield since the beginning. The fact that Galarian Ponyta is a Shield's exclusive only makes my choice even more absolute and certain. However, I don't like Grame Freak limiting it to Shield version. I hope you Sirfetch't fans can get one via trade! After this reveal, I don't know if the Sirfetch't/Chatot rumor was debunked. Is Sirfetch't supposed to be Ponyta's counterpart in SwSh?
It'd be too odd that a Pokemon that's gaining an evolution to become a two-stage family and an already existing two-stage family become counterparts.
Also, if it's anything like A-Vulpix and A-Sandshrew, then they would be found in the same area in their respective games, and I doubt they'd put Farfetch'd in the fairy forest area.

GF be over here casually making me give up a twenty year tradition of getting the "first" version of each pair of games (Red as opposed to Blue, Gold as opposed to Silver, and so on) as well as the sword wolf legendary for a sparkling unicorn Pokemon.

Well anymore the ability to get an exclusive in the game via an npc has been stupid easy for years, but I really, REALLY wanted to shiny hunt Ponyta

Something I didn’t consider when they announced the exp share being seemingly impossibly to turn off, is the fact that exchanged Pokémon would be forced to grow quite faster then regular ones.

I seriously hope that they balanced the exp and leveling so that you don’t get way overleveled in those games.

Something I didn’t consider when they announced the exp share being seemingly impossibly to turn off, is the fact that exchanged Pokémon would be forced to grow quite faster then regular ones.

I seriously hope that they balanced the exp and leveling so that you don’t get way overleveled in those games.
Gen 7 went back to Gen 5's system of lowering EXP gained if your Pokemon is overleveled compared to the opposing Pokemon.

The official art of this baby is so freaking cute, and the ingame movement. I just want one even more!

Also, the Box Legend Curse has struck again for me. For basically every game through Gen 6 and part of Gen 7, The box legend that I like more ends up being on the version that I won't be playing first LOL. Well, it's not set in stone now, but based on how much I love this Ponyta, and how Galarian Rapidash is, I will be probably playing Shield first now. I do have both on pre-order still though so I have time to truly make my decision. The one I play first usually ends up being my main copy so it's a big decision.

So surprised to see this one is Shield Exclusive. It's kind of weird how their crazier reveals this gen (A glitch on the website and a 24 hr livestream) have been reveals for version exclusive Pokemon. In fact, as of right now that's the only thing that makes them even somewhat equal, the fact that they had crazy reveals.

It is still quite odd that Galarian Ponyta is the likely counterpart to Sirfetch'd, seeing how they usually choose Pokemon who are equal to eachother. Makes me wonder if they are just making it look like this is the case, and their actual counterparts just haven't been revealed (and likely won't be revealed based on this news cycle).

___

Also Impidimp is either the biggest troll in the entire franchise or they have something big planned for this kid.

It is true that most games have multiple pairs of version exclusives. There is a strong possibility that they aren't really pairs to each other, just examples of something exclusive to each game. Time will tell.

I feel like there will be a Sword counterpart in Glimwood Tangle for Galarian Ponyta (not Sirfetch’d). Sonia’s update just came out on the website and she said:

“It sounds like this was the first time many people saw a Galarian Ponyta. You’ll likely discover even more Pokémon we haven’t seen yet that live in Glimwood Tangle, too, if you visit there when you explore the Galar region.”

I think this is Game Freaks way of throwing us off by revealing two exclusives without their counterparts. Just a hunch though...

After this reveal, I don't know if the Sirfetch't/Chatot rumor was debunked.
Which one? The idea of Chatot getting a counterpart is pretty common in rumors, and a few of them have been debunked already, like the Autotune one.

I severely hope so. Maybe we will still get a blitzle. But these two are just sooo...unbalanced. I know when you break it down they really aren’t in some ways. Both are now two-stage pokemon for example, but they don’t feel similar on any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom