• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonnie was great in XY as she was a fun and cute addition, her friendship with Serena and asking any women if they'd marry Clemont

Sun and Moon had way too many who didn't get much focus so in my mind, 3 will be just enough

By the looks of it, none of Ash's companions this series will be based on any game character which will be a first
I knew that would be the case since it will be an AU Ash series (not AU Movie Ash, but a completely new AU Ash for the Anime)

So Ash comes back to Kanto, talks to a new professor, meet 2 new friends with galar pokemon there and moved by the curiosity about this new pokemon and friends all of them go to galar. Could it be the start?

72879410_1213375058854502_27208411661729792_n.jpg

I don't know if the artstyle will be steadily like this in the animé, but if it is the case I can say some quality is being heaten to be served on the table. At first random glance, I wasn't sure if it was a drawing or a picture.

Vermilion city is amazing in this image.

R.I.P. Old Pokemon

Pokemon Original Anime Series - 1998-2019
Pokemon Manga Series - 1998-2019
Pokemon Movies based on Anime- 1998-2016 (2019?)

It looks as if TPCi is wanting a fresh restart for the series to suite people today. Dunno if this is something to do with the Japanese Eras [Heisei (1989-2019) to Reiwa (2019-)] but bit it seems so likely. Out with the aging old, and in with the new slate.
I knew that would be the case since it will be an AU Ash series (not AU Movie Ash, but a completely new AU Ash for the Anime)
Can you get out of here with that here whiny attitude? It's near sickening and besides, I don't see any stable and official evidence of anything AU or reboot related.

72879410_1213375058854502_27208411661729792_n.jpg

I don't know if the artstyle will be steadily like this in the animé, but if it is the case I can say some quality is being heaten to be served on the table. At first random glance, I wasn't sure if it was a drawing or a picture.
Definitely looks like XY + DP now.

Last edited:
I like the art style, but I'm not too happy about this new professor and Ash and Gou's "base" being in Vermillion City. I wish their primary stay was in Galar with Magnolia and Sonia. I know they're not making Galar a main focus in particular, but I really wish they were since it is the new region and all. Koharu even has a Yamper for pete's sake, why couldn't they just be in Galar? Also the idea of Ash and Gou having a 'base" immediately has me concerned. It just seems like SM all over again. I would have preferred if the duo were just constantly traveling, but I'll wait for more details before I give my thoughts on that.

Koharu looks nice, but I just wonder if she'll travel with Ash and Gou. I'll be honest, it seems weird for them to make this anime exclusive professor and give him a daughter if she weren't going to act as a female companion.

I like the art style, but I'm not too happy about this new professor and Ash and Gou's "base" being in Vermillion City. I wish their primary stay was in Galar with Magnolia and Sonia. I know they're not making Galar a main focus in particular, but I really wish they were since it is the new region and all. Koharu even has a Yamper for pete's sake, why couldn't they just be in Galar? Also the idea of Ash and Gou having a 'base" immediately has me concerned. It just seems like SM all over again. I would have preferred if the duo were just constantly traveling, but I'll wait for more details before I give my thoughts on that.

Koharu looks nice, but I just wonder if she'll travel with Ash and Gou. I'll be honest, it seems weird for them to make this anime exclusive professor and give him a daughter if she weren't going to act as a female companion.

If there's a base, it makes sense that it's a kanto one. They're saying that the anime is not galar only. The kanto base can be used for gen 8, 9, 10 or whatever needed. A galarian one wouldn't have the same effect.

"The Alola Pokémon League is over, and Satoshi and his friends have gone back to their normal lives as well. At the Pokémon School, Professor Kukui asks everyone what their plans for the upcoming vacation is. And after Satoshi hears what everyone's plans and future dreams are, he makes a certain decision."

Even here, they are hinting at a continuation from SM. Whenever Ash makes a "decision" at the end of a series, it's always to tie into the next one. Historically his decision has been hearing about a new region and wanted to travel there, but this time it will probably be a little different to foreshadow the premise of the new series. Perhaps his decision this time is to travel back to Kanto to take on the Indigo League one more time.

If there's a base, it makes sense that it's a kanto one. They're saying that the anime is not galar only. The kanto base can be used for gen 8, 9, 10 or whatever needed. A galarian one wouldn't have the same effect.

I suppose, but I mean at the same time, they could also just relocate it if need be. I guess I just wish there was a tiny bit more focus on the newer region.

I suppose, but I mean at the same time, they could also just relocate it if need be. I guess I just wish there was a tiny bit more focus on the newer region.

One suggested in an older comment - Each season one region.
I would be confortable this way, something like:

2019/20 - Galar
2020/21 - Sinnoh
2021/22 - Another region (Unova?)
2022/23 - Gen 9 region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom