• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Yeah... no. I had to miss the first seven hours of the stream while only having time to read people complaining about how boring it was and I still wanted to watch it myself, so no. People are still going to want to experience at least some of it for themselves.
You will experience literally nothing but random cries, 2 or 3 pokemon walking across the screen ans slight hints at Ponyta, ever couple of hours. I have no clu why you'd want to sit through that instead of just watching the 7 minute vid

You will experience literally nothing but random cries, 2 or 3 pokemon walking across the screen ans slight hints at Ponyta, ever couple of hours. I have no clu why you'd want to sit through that instead of just watching the 7 minute vid
I already watched the rest of the stream live, so I know, but after missing those first seven hours and seeing people complain, I still wanted to experience it myself. Because, you know, people friggin' exaggerate- especially around here where graphics aren't good enough or they're too impatient to wait a week for news. A bunch of people complaining that nothing was happening in the stream and saying that it was just a PNG with music? I thought "naah, surely it can't be that dead" and so I watched... and sure enough, it really was that bad. But like hell was I going to just take people's word for it.

A lot of people? They're not just going to take everyone else's word for it.

Also there's just the fact that a lot of people are going to go to the official source for something before they hit up the abridged version by an unofficial source.

I already watched the rest of the stream live, so I know, but after missing those first seven hours and seeing people complain, I still wanted to experience it myself. Because, you know, people friggin' exaggerate- especially around here where graphics aren't good enough or they're too impatient to wait a week for news. A bunch of people complaining that nothing was happening in the stream and saying that it was just a PNG with music? I thought "naah, surely it can't be that dead" and so I watched... and sure enough, it really was that bad. But like hell was I going to just take people's word for it.

A lot of people? They're not just going to take everyone else's word for it.

Also there's just the fact that a lot of people are going to go to the official source for something before they hit up the abridged version by an unofficial source.
I don't really know how people could exaggerate about that. It's a 24 hour stream, clearly there would be some dead spots without need of mention.

I don't really know how people could exaggerate about that. It's a 24 hour stream, clearly there would be some dead spots without need of mention.
I thought they were just gonna reveal a few things and then loop. So you can't blame me for being a bit disappointed.

Yeah, before the stream I can understand what people could be guessing or wondering, but after, yeah if there was anything else it would've been talked about

Considering predictions before the stream started were to have them show Sonia set up the camera, have the starter evos show up, things like a battle or dynamax happen on-screen... things that clearly weren't expecting just a static nature cam with occasional things going through- uh yeah, there was a lot of room to expect people to exaggerate about how dead it was? A lot of people seemed to think that it was going to be more exciting than a screensaver and I knew that wasn't going to be the case, so I was definitely skeptical that it was really just that dead and assumed that once again people had just set their expectations way too high. Plus I didn't think that the foliage wouldn't even be moving for most of it, so the stream sadly didn't even meet my expectations of quality, which were fairly low- wouldn't have known that if I hadn't watched it, though. And I wouldn't fault anyone else for wanting to see and confirm it for themselves, either. I think people are typically that curious, so posting it for their sake wouldn't be all that strange.

But I think @Cute Charm already answered the mystery well enough- uploading the stream after it ends is just something that youtube's system does automatically.

Because, you know, people friggin' exaggerate- especially around here where graphics aren't good enough or they're too impatient to wait a week for news.

I still regularly think of this one comment around E3 stating SWSH had “N64 graphics”. Don’t remember who posted it but whoever it was definitely wasn’t around for the N64 era.

I still regularly think of this one comment around E3 stating SWSH had “N64 graphics”. Don’t remember who posted it but whoever it was definitely wasn’t around for the N64 era.
Thank you for reminding me of that. And he said that because of one tree that had a blurry texture. And kept bringing over and over that tree with each new trailer.

Wasn't that the badly rendered tree that the camera passed through in one of the trailers? Or maybe the Wingull perhaps?

Everything is starting to run together at this point.

Wasn't that the badly rendered tree that the camera passed through in one of the trailers? Or maybe the Wingull perhaps?

Everything is starting to run together at this point.
It all started on Reddit where people were basically blowing up over the announcement which essentially became a hive for that sort of thing.
Then a guy called " SamIAm" bought up the Pokemon CGI Studio and how the franchise is jointly owned which caused Reddit to have muddle.

While I think the critics on the graphics are sometimes exaggerated (even if you don’t like them, it’s not as horrendously bad to be considered N64 level), the trees, if they are still as they were in the E3 conference, are really, really bad, compared to the rest of the game’s details and textures.

I don’t think graphics should be the focus of every game, and we don’t know the pressure or problems in development that might’ve lead GF to not push too much on the graphic details the Switch is capable of, but the textures of the trees at E3 are really jarring compared to the rest of the game.

For those that played it and known about its troubled development, think of Dragon Age 2: EA forced BioWare to develop the game in basically one year, which is too short for that kind of RPG, and the way BioWare works (considering that part of the team was working on other projects), so the shortcoming in the graphic details, of the areas available and copy pasted can be somehow justified...what couldn’t is some of the background npcs, that were basically N64 blocks, that made a jarring constant not only to the main characters, but also other background npcs that might’ve been present in the same area close to the former.

While I think the critics on the graphics are sometimes exaggerated (even if you don’t like them, it’s not as horrendously bad to be considered N64 level), the trees, if they are still as they were in the E3 conference, are really, really bad, compared to the rest of the game’s details and textures.

I don’t think graphics should be the focus of every game, and we don’t know the pressure or problems in development that might’ve lead GF to not push too much on the graphic details the Switch is capable of, but the textures of the trees at E3 are really jarring compared to the rest of the game.

For those that played it and known about its troubled development, think of Dragon Age 2: EA forced BioWare to develop the game in basically one year, which is too short for that kind of RPG, and the way BioWare works (considering that part of the team was working on other projects), so the shortcoming in the graphic details, of the areas available and copy pasted can be somehow justified...what couldn’t is some of the background npcs, that were basically N64 blocks, that made a jarring constant not only to the main characters, but also other background npcs that might’ve been present in the same area close to the former.
Desoite the criticism DAII gets, it tried something new with how the game progressed and I for one think it's a genuinely good game. I hope SwSh impress me the very same way.

Desoite the criticism DAII gets, it tried something new with how the game progressed and I for one think it's a genuinely good game. I hope SwSh impress me the very same way.

I wasn’t focusing on criticizing DA2 as a game (I don’t hate that game, but it’s a shame that they got only one year to develop it. And ironically, it also affected Inquisition in a way), but I just meant to use it as an example of how a game that can be justified overall for graphic details that aren’t on par with the market, it has something that can’t justified because it’s much worse then the rest of the game, graphic-wise.

Which doesn’t mean that a game is bad because of those. It’s just a flaw/con, and Every game has those.

Yes, I do hope those trees are fixed. The berry-trees looked really odd, as well, and stood out. In a wrong way.

That footage's old, though, so I hope it was just a texture bug.

Back
Top Bottom