• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's primarily textures and audio files. Just because a game has better graphics and audio doesn't mean that it has more content.

Game Freak aren't known for their file compression abilities, either.

Oh. Never mind then. Apologies.

So, my friend just reminded me that Professor Oak's Japanese VA died, and well, Japan is known for respecting their VAs so them creating the new anime Professor does make sense.

I don't know if I could handle Prof. Oak dying in-universe. They have kept Giovanni going with a different actor though.

So anyone have any hopes and whatnot with Koharu?

I legit hope she's a magical girl.

As far as the reboot debate goes I'm not counting out the possibility of them retconning everything into a single timeline. It would fit with the "unifying the brand" approach.

I don't know if I could handle Prof. Oak dying in-universe. They have kept Giovanni going with a different actor though.

I legit hope she's a magical girl.

As far as the reboot debate goes I'm not counting out the possibility of them retconning everything into a single timeline. It would fit with the "unifying the brand" approach.
Giovanni's VA change was for the English Dub, not Japanese Dub.

Rica Matsumoto: "From here on out I think things like Satoshi's sincerity and the parts of him that won't change are gonna stay that way forever. But even so, he'll meet many people and experience many things, and he'll mature just a little bit and maybe be able to go on to the next level. So please keep showing him your support."

While her statements don't exactly prove that the new series is a continuation, the main idea is that Ash will grow and keep reaching new heights. I honestly can't imagine a scenario where the series is rebooted without Ash regressing to a less capable trainer. In fact, the only reason I can see them wanting to reboot would be to nerf Ash because they think he became too strong for the series to continue. But according to Matsumoto, the new series will see Ash pushing himself even further than before, so how could that possibly work in a rebooted series? If they want to take Ash to the next level, they would obviously just start from his Alola league win and advance from there. If they're regressing Ash, Rica's statement is blatantly false.

Another problem is that Ash just won a league. Even in a new continuity, there's no way the writers could possibly get away with him going back to losing leagues. There would be rioting in the streets. But if they let the new AU Ash also win a league, he would have already caught up to current series Ash, rendering the entire reboot pointless. The only way to escape this conundrum would be for Ash to completely ignore the Pokemon league and focus on something else entirely, but I'd bet money against that happening. To anyone saying that the old badge quest formula is old news, Sword and Shield beg to differ. They've actually reinvigorated the entire concept of gyms and gym leaders, and now they are looking more exciting than ever. The Pokemon league will definitely play a big part in the new series. Heck, we even see the AU Ash from M20 collecting badges, so there's no precedent for him chasing his goal in any other way.

Rica Matsumoto: "From here on out I think things like Satoshi's sincerity and the parts of him that won't change are gonna stay that way forever. But even so, he'll meet many people and experience many things, and he'll mature just a little bit and maybe be able to go on to the next level. So please keep showing him your support."

While her statements don't exactly prove that the new series is a continuation, the main idea is that Ash will grow and keep reaching new heights. I honestly can't imagine a scenario where the series is rebooted without Ash regressing to a less capable trainer. In fact, the only reason I can see them wanting to reboot would be to nerf Ash because they think he became too strong for the series to continue. But according to Matsumoto, the new series will see Ash pushing himself even further than before, so how could that possibly work in a rebooted series? If they want to take Ash to the next level, they would obviously just start from his Alola league win and advance from there. If they're regressing Ash, Rica's statement is blatantly false.

Another problem is that Ash just won a league. Even in a new continuity, there's no way the writers could possibly get away with him going back to losing leagues. There would be rioting in the streets. But if they let the new AU Ash also win a league, he would have already caught up to current series Ash, rendering the entire reboot pointless. The only way to escape this conundrum would be for Ash to completely ignore the Pokemon league and focus on something else entirely, but I'd bet money against that happening. To anyone saying that the old badge quest formula is old news, Sword and Shield beg to differ. They've actually reinvigorated the entire concept of gyms and gym leaders, and now they are looking more exciting than ever. The Pokemon league will definitely play a big part in the new series. Heck, we even see the AU Ash from M20 collecting badges, so there's no precedent for him chasing his goal in any other way.
To add to that, the recent series have been reboots of sorts with Ash being regressed and the bare minimum continuity referenced (if referenced at all). Because those ideas worked out really great (BW, looking at you). sarcasm
It's this regressing/soft-rebooting that's made the anime stale and repetitive, why does anyone think a full reboot could fix that issue?

This could be interesting, apparently there will be Gigantamax variants of Eevee, Pikachu, Meowth and Charizard
I am not surprised that Charizard gets one, but I wish it didn't. It was already cared over-the-top when Mega Evolutions came and was the only non-legendary pokémon with several megas. Now we are moving on to another gimmick, yet another special treatment for Charizad. I wish that spot was given to another starter, i.e. Typhlosion or Infernape.

I am not surprised that Charizard gets one, but I wish it didn't. It was already cared over-the-top when Mega Evolutions came and was the only non-legendary pokémon with several megas. Now we are moving on to another gimmick, yet another special treatment for Charizad. I wish that spot was given to another starter, i.e. Typhlosion or Infernape.

Typhlosion is certainly a Pokemon that needs some major focus in the anime and games

You can imagine Ash's Pikachu, Gou's Eevee (if he gets one) and Trio Meowth having Gigantomax Forms.

Meowth: Look at me! I'm the king of the world, bow down before me!

James: He certainly had lost weight.

Jessies: Yet he looks rediculously tall

Wobblfett: Wobblfett

Giovanni's Japanese VA died in 2006 and was replaced.
Then surely, they would have no problem having replacement VA for others that have passed on, such as Gardenia and Professor Oak.

He will mature but still be 10. That is what I cant reconcile.

Looks like we now know who Leon's true Ace actually is with Gigantomax Charizard, alongside Diantha's Mega Gardevoir. But since Steven's Metagoss has a Mega Metagoss in the
Aren't Gigantamax Forms are limited to Gym Battles? If so, I don't think the TRio will get one.
Gyms and Max Raid spots are the limitations. However Dynamax/Gigantamax occur in rare spots where is a lot of that energy. One person made a speculation that the Dynamax/Gigantamax phanominom is somehow connected with the Distortion World rips.

I could see Team Rocket being able to get a Gigantamax Meowth. They were able to get a Z-Ring and Z-Crystal despite not taking part in the Island Challenge in SM. They could easily work around the rules to have Team Rocket be able to change Meowth's form. Maybe it could be the only way Meowth could use a Pay Day like move, especially when Team Rocket hasn't been shown as ridiculously poor for quite some time. Ash's Pikachu being able to become a Gigantamax Pikachu is practically guaranteed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom