• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

If I'm not mistaken, it's said somewhere on the official site that Charizard will be the only Kanto starter (I guess they meant "traditional Kanto starter") to be able to Gigantamax. And yeah, that's sad.

Well if that’s the case then I’m either picking Sobble for my starter, or catching a Gigantamax Lapras (mentioned in the Ben Affleck leak) for my ingame team.

I was really looking forward to facing Leon’s Charizard with a Gigantamax Blastoise (my personal favorite Kanto starter).

So much G-Max forms today. Nice, it's been a while since we got some. It would have been nice to see more from new Pokemon though, but I don't mind, especially since some are only obtained as gifts.

I do wish they would have given us more info on getting G-Max Pokemon tho, since I'm still wondering how difficult it is to get them...

Well if that’s the case then I’m either picking Sobble for my starter, or catching a Gigantamax Lapras (mentioned in the Ben Affleck leak) for my ingame team.

I was really looking forward to facing Leon’s Charizard with a Gigantamax Blastoise (my personal favorite Kanto starter).
But as I said, I may be mistaken. In fact, I had seen someone mentioning it, but I can't find it now.

Edit: Yeah, I couldn't find it. Better to take that statement as false. I shouldn't have shared it without double checking before, sorry.

Last edited:
I have equal faves from each region and I like them all equally. So I am not against or mad that it's only Kanto becuase I like Eeevee and Butterfree just as much as I like Spritzee and Buneary for example. Kanto is indeed a special region to my heart though but I like the others equally. After all, the shown Kanto Pokemon are iconic for so many people, at least it is not Drowzee lol.

There are two options: they way overreacted to SM marketing cycle’s reaction, or there’s actually little content in the games.

I hope (and think) it’ll be the former.

They could react to SM until the first trailer. After that they should react to the first trailer and so on... What the hell are they doing here?

Community - "The last trailer we had few information, hope for more in the next"
Reaction - 24h stream for 1 new pokemon (kanto)

Community - "I want the start evolutions, I'm sick of kanto"
Reaction - 5 gigantamax form for KANTO pokemon.

Do they have a marketing team? If yes, fire them all.

They could react to SM until the first trailer. After that they should react to the first trailer and so on... What the hell are they doing here?

Community - "The last trailer we had few information, hope for more in the next"
Reaction - 24h stream for 1 new pokemon (kanto)

Community - "I want the start evolutions, I'm sick of kanto"
Reaction - 5 gigantamax form for KANTO pokemon.

Do they have a marketing team? If yes, fire them all.
Its the same way why they didn’t slow down with SM, apparently once their plan is locked they don’t care about changing it.
I mean, even today, they didn’t bother to tell Corocoro to wait a day before revealing their cover.

Its the same way why they didn’t slow down with SM, apparently once their plan is locked they don’t care about changing it.
I mean, even today, they didn’t bother to tell Corocoro to wait a day before revealing their cover.

This is ridiculous. I didn't see the SM reveal, but not changing the pace based on community feedback is a no no.

Oh, I’m not debating if it’s ridiculous or not, just that it’s quite possible what’s happening given their track record.

The only thing I really question. With social media, we got instant feedback, everytime and everywhere. Why do you stick to a plan considering this?
I'm sad for seeing they doing this.

I have equal faves from each region and I like them all equally. So I am not against or mad that it's only Kanto becuase I like Eeevee and Butterfree just as much as I like Spritzee and Buneary for example. Kanto is indeed a special region to my heart though but I like the others equally. After all, the shown Kanto Pokemon are iconic for so many people, at least it is not Drowzee lol.

I'm glad you can take such an carefree approach to it.

As for me, I can't. I also love Pokemon equally from many generations, and my top favorite Pokemon - Cubone, is from Gen I. I grew up with Gen I. I first played it way back in 1999 when I was in 5th grade. The nostalgia used to be so good. But now? Now the nostalgic feelings I had have worn away after GF/TPC has crammed an overabundance of Gen I Pokemon in everything for so long.

I still remember how it felt when I ran into a Gen I Pokemon back in Diamond. It felt quite different than it does now. The spotlight was not on them. They were added in the mix along with other Pokemon from other generations, allowing me to continue to feel nostalgia for seeing them. (I actually played Diamond before FireRed, so a lot of Gen I Pokemon I had not seen in years when I played Diamond in 2008.)

GF has taken that nostalgia and practically stomped all over it at this point, and I can't help but resent that. I love Eevee, and its evolutions.. But I have come to the point of sadly not liking seeing Eevee in anything anymore and that to me is very sad. GF needs to tone it the heck back. Especially with these usual suspects - Meowth, Charizard, Gyrados, Eevee, etc. (I understand Pikachu getting overexposure because it is the mascot of Pokemon, and I'm okay with that). (and just to clarify, I don't think they should be absent from games, just... they shouldn't be crammed in our face, you know?)

Even though a lot of Gen I Pokemon are dear to my heart, having them get so many different forms at the blatant expense of later Pokemon and be crammed in my face over the years is getting extremely irritating. I love them, but the Pokemon through all of the generations are not getting treated equally, and that is too hard for me to ignore.

I'm glad you can take such an carefree approach to it.

As for me, I can't. I also love Pokemon equally from many generations, and my top favorite Pokemon - Cubone, is from Gen I. I grew up with Gen I. I first played it way back in 1999 when I was in 5th grade. The nostalgia used to be so good. But now? Now the nostalgic feelings I had have worn away after GF/TPC has crammed an overabundance of Gen I Pokemon in everything for so long.

I still remember how it felt when I ran into a Gen I Pokemon back in Diamond. It felt quite different than it does now. The spotlight was not on them. They were added in the mix along with other Pokemon from other generations, allowing me to continue to feel nostalgia for seeing them. (I actually played Diamond before FireRed, so a lot of Gen I Pokemon I had not seen in years when I played Diamond in 2008.)

GF has taken that nostalgia and practically stomped all over it at this point, and I can't help but resent that. I love Eevee, and its evolutions.. But I have come to the point of sadly not liking seeing Eevee in anything anymore and that to me is very sad. GF needs to tone it the heck back. Especially with these usual suspects - Meowth, Charizard, Gyrados, Eevee, etc. (I understand Pikachu getting overexposure because it is the mascot of Pokemon, and I'm okay with that). (and just to clarify, I don't think they should be absent from games, just... they shouldn't be crammed in our face, you know?)

Even though a lot of Gen I Pokemon are dear to my heart, having them get so many different forms at the blatant expense of later Pokemon and be crammed in my face over the years is getting extremely irritating. I love them, but the Pokemon through all of the generations are not getting treated equally, and that is too hard for me to ignore.
Exactly how i feel right now.

I'm at least happy my Eevee friend from let's go eevee will be able to join me in some form or fashion in sword and shield, I was actually a little worried about that.

Also, I understand why people are upset at this but honestly considering the way this marketing cycle has been going I would have been more surprised if we had gotten the starter evolutions and a good chunk of new Pokemon.

Also I'm seeing people starting to doubt how many new Pokemon we're going to get in various threads. It's interesting to see how people don't really know what they want.

Fans: Sun and Moon revealed too much there's no mystery.
GF: Alright for sword and shield we'll reveal less and keep the starter evolutions a mystery for as long as possible.
Fans: No not like that, also this clearly means these games have hardly any new Pokemon in them.

I'll criticize GF's lack of adaptation to account for the Dexit issue. But they could have adjusted for that by revealing more about Home sooner and talking clearly about what was happening in development, and giving us a list of returning old Pokemon. When it comes to the number of new Pokemon being revelaed I really do think people are overreacting.

I'm at least happy my Eevee friend from let's go eevee will be able to join me in some form or fashion in sword and shield, I was actually a little worried about that.
You can't transfer your partner eevee/pikachu. You can obtain a new eevee/pikachu in Let'sGo and after that you can transfer that pokemon. So your beloved starter got stuck in Let'sGo. Sorry for the bad news.

Back
Top Bottom