• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The early buy bonus for Sword & Shield being Meowth rather than a Sinnoh starter makes me think that we're not getting Sinnoh remakes this gen.

The early buy bonus for Sword & Shield being Meowth rather than a Sinnoh starter makes me think that we're not getting Sinnoh remakes this gen.

I don’t think that alone says much. We’ll see

As far as I can recall XY had no indication of Hoenn besides mega Blaziken, and Mega Latios and Latias in the code.

Looks like we now know who Leon's true Ace actually is with Gigantomax Charizard, alongside Diantha's Mega Gardevoir. But since Steven's Metagross has a Mega Metagross in the Gen 3 Remake, could it be that Cynthia's Garchomp would have a Gigantomax Garchomp in the Gen 4 Remake?

Lance: Dragonite (Dragon/Flying)
Steven: Metagross/Mega Metagross (Steel/Psychic)
Cynthia: Garchomp/Gigantomax Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
Alder: Volcarona (Bug/Fire)
Diantha: Mega Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
Leon: Gigantomax Charizard (Fire/Flying)

Leon also shares the same Ace as Red, although he isn't considered a Champion, but a strong trainer.

Last edited:
Looks like we now know who Leon's true Ace actually is with Gigantomax Charizard, alongside Diantha's Mega Gardevoir. But since Steven's Metagross has a Mega Metargoss in the Gen 3 Remake, could it be that Cynthia's Garchomp would have a Gigantomax Garchomp?

Lance: Dragonite (Dragon/Flying)
Steven: Metagoss/Mega Metagoss (Steel/Psychic)
Cynthia: Garchomp/Gigantomax Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
Alder: Volcarona (Bug/Fire)
Diantha: Mega Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
Leon: Gigantomax Charizard (Fire/Flying)

Leon also shares the same Ace as Red, although he isn't considered a Champion, but a strong trainer.

It seems likely, but if that’s the case then Dynamax would have to be implemented in Sinnoh. Well, Mega Evolution was in AsOr. I’m guessing that the starters and prominent species like Lucario, Luxray and Weavile might also get Gigantimax then, as well as maybe something akin to Primal Reversion for Dialga and Palkia.

Given that Dexit means that Game Freak has no reason to keep compatibly anymore in terms of game mechanics, is is possible that Sinnoh might scrap Dynamax/Gigantamax or even get its own power-up/gimmick int its place? It doesn't hurt to prepare for anything at this point.
I think the gimmick would be an advance of what Rowan studies- Evolution! What if we take evolution a step further? Evolution beyond evolution that requires extreme bonds to achieve with extreme power ups? It could maybe even surpass the three Pokémon evolution line! Maybe make it last during a single battle...

As for its name what about... er... Mega Evolution?

P.S. Not meaning to be condescending, but I'm too pendatic for my own good and apologise in advance and I sincerely don’t mean to insult anyone's spellings since I’m not a native speaker and know the pain myself, but the mechanic's called GigantAmax, not Gigantimax or Gigantomax...

Its a complex name imo, and being spelled wrong makes me dislike it more...

P.S. Not meaning to be condescending, but I'm too pendatic for my own good and apologise in advance and I sincerely don’t mean to insult anyone's spellings since I’m not a native speaker and know the pain myself, but the mechanic's called GigantAmax, not Gigantimax or Gigantomax...

Its a complex name imo, and being spelled wrong makes me dislike it more...

English grammar makes spelling and pronouncing made up words pretty difficult, doesn’t it... oh the pronounciations for all the hundreds of made up words and names in this franchise

(I assumed it came from “gigantic + max”)

English grammar makes spelling and pronouncing made up words pretty difficult, doesn’t it... oh the pronounciations for all the hundreds of made up words and names in this franchise

(I assumed it came from “gigantic + max”)
I still think the name could’ve been better, my vote goes to Gigamax, and calling the forms G-Max forms like the moves: like G-Max Corviknight.
"Gigantamax" sounds needlessly complex imo.

I think the gimmick would be an advance of what Rowan studies- Evolution! What if we take evolution a step further? Evolution beyond evolution that requires extreme bonds to achieve with extreme power ups? It could maybe even surpass the three Pokémon evolution line! Maybe make it last during a single battle...

As for its name what about... er... Mega Evolution?
I don't think that Megas are coming back unless Kalos becomes relevant again.

Since Game Freak is being more secretive this generation, I can see why they wouldn't want to make a Sinnoh starter a gift Pokemon in SWSH
However the only thing that seems to give it away is from what Pokeshopper reported of there being a lot of Gen 4 merchandising for 2020.

I fear that if they do that the games would become Sword & Shield but set in Sinnoh rather than a true Sinnoh remake.

The remakes used to be really simmilar to the originals. I don't believe they will go full Sword/Shield for them.

I don't think that Megas are coming back unless Kalos becomes relevant again.
I just think the disconnect might indicate Megas return and Dynamax doesn’t. Kalos doesn’t need to be relevant since it wasn’t really that prominent in the Hoenn Mega storyline. It just seemed the perfect mechanic for Sinnoh for pretty obvious reasons. I’m not counting on it but it might happen.

I fear that if they do that the games would become Sword & Shield but set in Sinnoh rather than a true Sinnoh remake.
What does this mean other than instilling needless fear in people? What will make Sinnoh remakes Sword/Shield but set in Sinnoh?
That happened with none of the other remakes.

I get that you don’t want Sinnoh remakes, but please don’t spread fear inducing or plain old negative easily disprovable hypotheses-disguised-as-facts without them being well thought out.
I'm all for debating well thought out points, but vague fear mongering isn’t beneficial to the discussion. No one's forcing anyone to discuss a Gen 4 remake. Everyone's on this thread of their own accord.

I think all depends on the dynamax/gigantamax lore in Sword/Shield. As far as we know, it's something a bit artificial and mysterious. It's not clear yet if it's possible to export it to another region.

I think all depends on the dynamax/gigantamax lore in Sword/Shield. As far as we know, it's something a bit artificial and mysterious. It's not clear yet if it's possible to export it to another region.

I will admit OrAs explanations for Mega Evolution in Hoenn were a bit awkward and nonsensical, and not exactly congruent with the context of XY. But that didn’t stop them from implementing it anyway.

What we learn in SwSh might change this, but for now I can sorta see Dynamax in Sinnoh being connected to Giratina, maybe like how Mega Evolution was connected to Rayquaza in Hoenn.
  • Ominous red glow like Giratina
  • Vortex forms that resembles portal to Distortion World
  • Involves distorting space (size) and time (three turns).

"A legendary did it" is the easiest and most probable explanation anyone is going to give for dynamaxing being in Sinnoh.

If dynamaxing does make it in: I expect we'll get a postgame quest revolving around it (and Giratina/distortion world?), and maybe an extra book or scientist in Canalave Library vaguely referencing it and that's all. And they can always come up with the excuse that it's an alternate universe again. Pokemon continuity between games isn't too consistent anyway, so I'm not expecting consistency with SwSh, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom