• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

The fact that info will be released tomorrow is basically certain, because there'll be an article posted on the gaming site I was referring to (Everyeye, for those that speak Italian). The article will be on Pokèmon because the youtuber/contributor making it makes mainly Pokèmon content...and the site announced today that later at 5PM (CET time), there'll be a live streaming where that person will talk about Sword and Shield. I think it's quite logical that they'd do that to discuss the demo they tried on the early game, and not just a simple interview. About the starters:

This is possible if they placed those info under different and longer NDA. But, hints on the starters' evo were made, even today. If the person in question was told (like the rest of the press that tried the game) that they wouldn't be able to talk about the starters, he wouldn't have teased about them, because he's not that kind of guy.

But, this marketing cycle has been weird, so I'm not going to place any bets on the actual content that it'll be shown tomorrow. I honestly doubt it'd be the only gaming site releasing information, but I'll post what I read here as soon as it's out (as well as later posting information on the live stream, if he'd reveal more stuff.)
I agree with this. I previously hadn't watched the guy much, but after listening in out of curiosity it definitely seems like we are gonna at least get some good physical descriptions on a couple new mons and evolutions. I'm bad at understanding tone in Italian, but he seems like an earnest dude, I can't imagine he'd hype everyone up this much if he couldn't deliver. I mean, as a member of the community, he's gotta know how much of a spotlight is on him right now.

I'm just very leery of this embargo lifting giving us new info. I feel like we're a broken record at this point, "We'll surely get some good information from ____" I'll keep my expectations low and hope I'm proven wrong lol

Last week, this youtuber announced that he became a contributor of a gaming site (Everyeye), and made a live last Friday to introduce himself to their followers.
He already previously hInted that he went to London, likely for something Pokémon related that he couldn’t talk about (NDA), and then in the Friday steam he (alongside someone that worked in the site, I think in a leading role), announced that This Thursday there’ll be an article written by him on the site, as well as a new live stream to discuss it. He already hinted at that stream about thE YouTuber that tweeted that tried the first 90 minutes of the game, which he also referred to today in a YouTube live to follow the trailer reveal.

He won’t outright stated that he tried the game because of the NDA, but in both the live streams it’s quite clear he did, and that he evolved the starter.

So, tomorrow there’ll be an article on Sword and Shield on Everyeye (that’s was directly stated by the leading journalist, and once against teased by the person in question today) and later at 5PM CET he’ll discuss it in a live stream of the site’s twitch channel.

It seems quite clear to me that the article or the stream will talk about the hands on, but it not it also be about an interview with Masuda (who was in London the same days the person I’m talking about was). I’d say there are good chances that there’ll be an hands on based on his hints, but in any case there’ll be informations.

I think it’s an embargo on various gaming sites/you tubers that tried the game in London, because it’d make no sense only Everyeye would be allowed to
Release the article tomorrow, to me.

I also think that based on his words he’d talk about the starters, because he wouldn’t tease about them if it wouldn’t be able to, but given how weird GF is being in this cycle, I guess we’ll have to see tomorrow.

How'd you guys hear of this?
I don’t know if it was here on reSetera, but there was a tweets today in Spanish on having info on the first 90 minutes of the game, and a youtuber tweeted that last week of playing the first 90 as well.

The info on the Italian YouTubEr/contributor I know about it, because I follow often this live streams, and as I explained in my last post, he and the site all but confirmed about that, in my mind (or at least, there’ll be an article on the game with info).

I agree with this. I previously hadn't watched the guy much, but after listening in out of curiosity it definitely seems like we are gonna at least get some good physical descriptions on a couple new mons and evolutions. I'm bad at understanding tone in Italian, but he seems like an earnest dude, I can't imagine he'd hype everyone up this much if he couldn't deliver. I mean, as a member of the community, he's gotta know how much of a spotlight is on him right now.
Given his status in the community (to keep in perspective, he’s one of the main people behind the Italian VGC streaming events, that started with the World Championships, that generates almost as much following as the official stream does, if not sometimes more, and this year formed a partnership with Nintendo that lead to streaming the event in a location where 100 people where able to follow it directly with them), and his personality, I don’t think he’d tease and troll, that’s why I posted this information here.

I mean, he said today that he’d review the games for Everyeye/if Nintendo would give them a review copy of the game to review, and there’ll be a trailer close to release where he’d be playing it for review, that he won’t do a video analysis (which have lots of views and likes, and are well received and waited by the community), because it’d be dishonest to take advantage of the situation.

Last edited:
I'm just very leery of this embargo lifting giving us new info.

I don't feel like early reviews ever give us anything in the way of like, new Pokémon. To my memory, they're more about what the gameplay is like. That's probably what we should expect.

I believe we can have another trailer this month.

2 more Wednesdays this month and 4 before release.

It's possible, but at the same time I'm also thinking that virtual wild area tour will count as a trailer. Or at least a lead up to the trailer like the stream was.

I liked Gmax Charizard, but it's the first design in the series that I feel could really pass for a Digimon artistically.

Last edited:
I liked Gmax Charizard, but it's the first design in the series that I feel could really pass for a Digimon artistically.
More then the design, it’s the marking on his belly and legs that gives more of that vibe. The moment I saw them in the trailer I thought of Digimon.

So 45 minutes from now ?
45 to 1 hour and 45.
It’s 1:18 PM right now here, and after lunch could mean both 2 or 3PM, as either were used before to end embargo on reviews and previews before, in my memory. And in Italy, based on where you live, lunch is eaten from 12PM to 2PM.

edit: I honestly doubt that Everyeye would be the only gaming site releasing informations worldwide, so I think we could also check other sites for information to drop around the same time.
I don't think the artocòe would come out later then 3PM CET time because at 5PM there'll be a live stream on the site discussing Sword and Shield (that is official at that time, since the site posts a schedule for the live streams each day), and it'd be quite closer to the stream if the article would come out at 4PM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom