• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to see a bit more of Kanto but wish they could give Galar the screen time it needs
That is what concerns me, that they won't showcase Galar as they should and instead focus more on the Nostalgia perspective.

Looks like Japan is starting to jump on the Nostalgia Bandwagon as the west in a form of catch-up fashion.

Part of me really hopes they break the trend of not including the Porygon line this series

Otherwise Gou's dream of catching every Pokemon may not happen (unless he catches it off-screen and we never see it like Kukui's final Pokemon)
Well it has been over 23 years now, and the people that had gotten the seizure had probably moved on since then, so perhaps it is time to have Porygon back. However with Jinx, I'm unsure.

Well it has been over 23 years now, and the people that had gotten the seizure had probably moved on since then, so perhaps it is time to have Porygon back. However with Jinx, I'm unsure.

Keep the purple face and it shouldn't be a problem (I hope)

I like Jynx and I feel its time for a comeback with it and Porygon

Apparently Porygon did appear as an image in SM020 so it hasn't been completely forgotten

I'm not convinced that Galar won't feature prominently. We've already seen two characters with Galar Pokemon.
Yeah, I personally think we're gonna see the Galar Gyms and Ash is going to enter the Galar League at the end; however he'll be visiting other regions too.

It will be an absolute shame if we don't get Gigantamax Pikachu vs. Gigantamax Meowth. I know a lot of people aren't thrilled with the mechanic, but I think they're hilarious. "Fat Pikachu" was a big time joke for me when I was little, so seeing that form really amused me today.

I'm hoping that maybe for this week's reveal we'll get to see Team Rocket. I'm pretty positive they'll still be in the series, but it'd be nice to get confirmation and see their designs.

You know, I’ve really got to say that all of these initial possibilities for this new Pokémon anime that are going around here have all really gotten me a little bit confused about how to feel about it, honestly.

I mean if it turns out that this really is a full-blown out reboot of the series, then, on the one hand; it does, at least, offer the chance to give Ash a story where he can have a beginning with a bit more respect to his character. But, on the other hand; not only does this make the last few years of the original Pokémon anime a little bit pointless to a certain degree, but, it also seems to me that ending the original show on a series like Sun and Moon feels a little bit off. I mean, while it is true that they did actually have Ash officially win a League conference for once, it still feels like Ash could have had a better series to have that kind of achievement, you know? Ending on Sun and Moon; it just feels kind of underwhelming to me, honestly.

And, if it turns out that Ash does end up going back to all of the other regions for whatever reason, then, on the one hand; that does offer the chance to see a lot of the old characters and locations again. But, on the other hand; not only does this put my initial fan hopes that Ash has become something of a legendary figure within the other regions that he has already visited into jeopardy, it, um, it-it also has me a little bit worried about how all of those particular possible returns and reunions will actually play out within the series, especially when I consider just how well that both Dawn’s initial Unova region return and both Misty and Brock’s first Alola return went, which, um, didn’t exactly work for me completely when I first initially watched all of those particular episodes.

Does, um, d-does anyone here have anything to say about all of this?

It will be an absolute shame if we don't get Gigantamax Pikachu vs. Gigantamax Meowth. I know a lot of people aren't thrilled with the mechanic, but I think they're hilarious. "Fat Pikachu" was a big time joke for me when I was little, so seeing that form really amused me today.

I've seen a lot of people loving Pikachu's chubbier original design for ages, so that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw Gigantamax Pikachu. As annoying as it is to see more Kanto pandering, getting Gigantamax Pikachu vs. Gigantamax Meowth would be worth it alone. That and I'd still love to see Gigantamax Charizard in the anime too. Even though it gets so much favoritism compared to every other starter, that design is pretty awesome and seeing it in animation would be pretty cool too.

"Fat Pikachu" was a big time joke for me when I was little, so seeing that form really amused me today.
I actually remember the specific episode and scene where, as a young child, I thought "Pikachu's kinda tubby, actually". No idea why that's something that stuck with me for two decades.
(It was "Pokémon Fashion Flash" when he was jumping in to attack Ekans and Koffing)

I've seen a lot of people loving Pikachu's chubbier original design for ages, so that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw Gigantamax Pikachu. As annoying as it is to see more Kanto pandering, getting Gigantamax Pikachu vs. Gigantamax Meowth would be worth it alone. That and I'd still love to see Gigantamax Charizard in the anime too. Even though it gets so much favoritism compared to every other starter, that design is pretty awesome and seeing it in animation would be pretty cool too.
Ash's Charizard missed out on Mega-Evolution, but I wouldn't be surprised if it Gigantamaxes at some point.

Yeah, I personally think we're gonna see the Galar Gyms and Ash is going to enter the Galar League at the end; however he'll be visiting other regions too.

Visiting all the regions isn't gonna give the Galar Gyms and League much breathing room. Whatever they do with Galar will feel extremely rushed and half-baked because it had to share screentime with seven other regions.

It'll just remind us of the fact that we were robbed of a proper Galar journey.

Visiting all the regions isn't gonna give the Galar Gyms and League much breathing room. Whatever they do with Galar will feel extremely rushed and half-baked because it had to share screentime with seven other regions.

It'll just remind us of the fact that we were robbed of a proper Galar journey.
I think the Gym Leaders and League could be fine. In prior series' Gym Leaders usually get two or three episodes each--the biggest time sinks were often "filler" episodes traveling between towns or dealing with one-shot character's issues or seeing new Pokémon. I recall the jokes about "Pidgey episodes" during Johto being popular for a bit.

If they're using some teleporter or flying around on Lugia or whatever it's possible to give the Gym Leaders and the League as much screen time as they got in previous seasons.
I sort of suspect we'll see lots of Galar Pokémon hanging around in old regions all of a sudden though, like how Johto and Hoenn ones suddenly sprung up in Kanto during the Battle Frontier.

That and I'd still love to see Gigantamax Charizard in the anime too. Even though it gets so much favoritism compared to every other starter, that design is pretty awesome and seeing it in animation would be pretty cool too.

Oh yes, I also loved Charizard's design! I knew people were going to be annoyed because it's another Charizard (and hard to blame anyone at this point, honestly) but its gigantamax form is beyond cool. I would love it if they brought Ash's Charizard back in order to gigantamax. You can pretty much guarantee we'll be seeing that form in the anime, so at that rate I'd really like for it to be Ash's.

I actually remember the specific episode and scene where, as a young child, I thought "Pikachu's kinda tubby, actually". No idea why that's something that stuck with me for two decades.
(It was "Pokémon Fashion Flash" when he was jumping in to attack Ekans and Koffing)

^This was my favorite trading card growing up. My cousins and I literally called it the "fat Pikachu card" and treated it like gold, lol. This card was the first thing I thought of when I saw the gigantamax form today. You can definitely see how drastically Pikachu's design has changed over time. It's funny to watch the older episodes back and realize how much heftier he was back in the day! It'd be pretty funny if one of the characters broke the fourth wall a bit in the event of a gigantamax about Pikachu reverting back to his rounder self (and let's be a real, that'd be a Team Rocket line for sure!)

Oh, PLEASE tell me we'll get Gigantamax at some point!
(though I just KNOW TR's Meowth won't get to...)

Come to think of it, I hope they bring in elements from all the other regions while they're at it. It would be a shame (and just plain stupid) not to. Like Contests in Hoenn and Sinnoh, Musicals and movie making in Isshu, and so forth. Hey, if they they can have Mega Evolution in SM, why not?

The names and description of the new game from the first 90 minute gameplay from critics sounds to me like the new game wants to make a fresh start to Pokemon, having SM mark the end to what was Pokemon, and make way for what is to come for the 2020s. I still wanted it to be a traditional old Pokemon game, but of course, we now live in an age where tablets and mobile gaming is king, and we would have to adapt to the change.

sigh being autistic is really hard work when it comes to change, I hate it so every single time. But alas, true men never complain, we have to get used to what we have.

If the games are being revamped from the traditional formula, then no surprise that the anime would also have the same treatment.

Now we know the full names of the locations on the poster for the new Pokemon Anime Series

Kanto: Sakuragi Institute (English Name not known)
Johto: Tin Tower
Hoenn: Mt. Chimney
Sinnoh: Mt. Coronet
Unova: Driftveil Drawbridge
Kalos: Lumiose City
Alola: Exeggutor Island
Galar: Motostoke

Again. It's that secret island that Ash and Pikachu came to, and in a later episode, came back with his friends, including Misty and Brock.
Like BigDocFan said, that was Treasure Island. It was called that both in dialogue and in closed captioning (if I'm not mistaken). It was also visibly seen to be practically next to Melemele Island, whereas Exeggutor Island is supposed to be next to Poni Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom