• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

45 to 1 hour and 45.
It’s 1:18 PM right now here, and after lunch could mean both 2 or 3PM, as either were used before to end embargo on reviews and previews before, in my memory. And in Italy, based on where you live, lunch is eaten from 12PM to 2PM.

edit: I honestly doubt that Everyeye won't be the only gaming site releasing informations worldwide, so I think we could also check other sites for information to drop around the same time.
I don't think it'd come out later then 3PM CET time because at 5PM there'll be a live stream on the site discussing Sword and Shield (that is official at that time, since the site posts a schedule for the live streams each day), and it'd be quite closer to the stream if the article would come out at 4PM.

Just to clarify, there’ll be a livestream in Everyeye discussing Swsh at 5PM?

Thank you for letting us know!!
This would have been difficult or not even possible for many of us to even know was an option of something to potentially read and definitely watch. :) :)

I didn't quite get it can someone explain ? What is the "ban" that everyone keeps talking about ? And what do we except from it? Starter evolution, early route bug, rodent, bird ? What will the youtubers announce ?

It is a phenomenon for video game publications (of any sort including youtube channels) where some are given access to play or learn more about a soon-to-be-released game early enough so that they can prepare their articles and videos;
but with a time delay of when they can publish and otherwise describe and present the information!! :) :)

It’s more of an embargo then a ban, and yep, it happens a lot of time when people are allowed to try games in development, or sometimes interviews. I’d say it’s likely what happened for the GI coverage as well.
As for what informations will be in, we don’t know. It depends also on the possibility of additional NDA to prevents the press to reveal things the developer doesn’t want them to.

Watched the video preview other then the article. The main problem, as I feared, is that GF is likely blocking the press into showing new mons or the evolutions of the starters (I'll tell you later what the person that tried the game will say about that in the live stream).

The graphic department is the major weakness of the game from what they saw, as it has the very problems we already discussed with textures and aliasing, although there are nice little features about npc's expression changing when they look at the MC. The video shown footage of the hands on, and the texture of the trees looks as horrible as it did at E3.

The game apparently opens up with a cutscene showing characters he didn't nominate (you can find in the GI preview a little more about it), so I think they might be new. There are several cutscenes, apparently, in the first part of the game, and he didn't reach the gym part in the hands son. Without spoiling, he mentioned that those cutscenes makes you curious in exploring more of the story of the games.

Except a few exceptions, you can visit anything you can look at in the game, even when not in the Wild Areas. The first two routes and the first 80 minutes of the game (I'll check it for sure in a few minutes) have lots of Pokèmon, and they're apparently all new.

The Wild Area functions like a MMORPG, as you can the players walking and doing activities around like fishing, camping, etc. with local and wireless connection. So, I guess they didn't populate much the areas (from what I saw of the new footage, there are an handful of npcs), because it'll be filled with online players. You can meet Pokèmon much stronger then yours (he met a Dusclops level 40 when his party was around 9-11).

Rotom map isn't back, and the game works fine without the second screen. The party box of LGPE is back, and the various NPCs like Move Tutor and Deleter are all reunited in a single one, that might be present in all Pokèmon centers.

Raid battles are quite complex and hard (he mentioned a Magikarp fight being difficult) and they possess an array a moves to remove malus on them, moves that attack the whole party, and more. Only one player can use Dynamax from the start, the othes have to waits some turns, so if the Pokèmon you want to Dynamax is from the other three players, you have to work to resist those turns. Raid battles give candies of different 'power' that don't give one level, but exp, varying from the power of the candy. Raid battles and Pokèmon with a peculiar aura will give you Watt, a new currencly with unknown function in the preview.

All the party will get exp from a battle, but only those that partecipated in the battle will gain full exp, the others will gain half, and the aumont of exp will vary depending on your level.

That's all, I think. His overall opinion was quite good, except the graphics department. About the candies, he wants to see in the full release if they'll make it too easy to level your party.

Also, he stated that in the early part of the game there's an even that traditionally happens way later in the game, and was executed greatly. Not sure of what it is, though I have a feeling it could be

the appearance of a legenday/Zacian or Zamazenta, given what GI stated, and the screen on the back of the download cart.

A nice QoL thing about the Pokèdex: it showns the pokèmon in the area in a minimap, so you don't have to check every single page. I assume that the unknown one will be shadowed.

EDIT: given what he said, and what the GI article said of 9 new mons (including Yamper) seeing in the early routes, I think it's safe to say GF is hiding new ones, and not simply showing the little number that there is in the games.

An update on the spoiler tag in my previous post (please, don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled).

Another Italian site straight out said what happens. You and Hop have to find a lost Wooloo in the nearby woods (Bosco Assopito in italian), and you meet there the cover legendary...without their golden ornaments. I wonder if they currently aren't at full power, as the CGI trailer hinted at an hidden power/form, or if there's something else going.

Based on this article, there are many new pokemon in the first 2 hours of the game.
Yep, there seems to be 9 based on the article, and the Everyeye one mentions that in the first routes only new mons are available, as in Black and White (but it's more impressive given that this game has other generations' mon in it).

That's really great, compared to SM, where we got lots of old mons or Alolan Rattata early on.

EDIT: also, the music seems to be quite impressive.

An update on the spoiler tag in my previous post (please, don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled).

Another Italian site straight out said what happens. You and Hop have to find a lost Wooloo in the nearby woods (Bosco Assopito in italian), and you meet there the cover legendary...without their golden ornaments. I wonder if they currently aren't at full power, as the CGI trailer hinted at an hidden power/form, or if there's something else going.
You guys remember that old rumor of the legendaries being unable to battle without their armor? Good times

Also
unknown.png

LOOK AT THIS! It's so precious!

Yep, there seems to be 9 based on the article, and the Everyeye one mentions that in the first routes only new mons are available, as in Black and White (but it's more impressive given that this game has other generations' mon in it).

That's really great, compared to SM, where we got lots of old mons or Alolan Rattata early on.

Interesting.

Is that 9 completely new Pokemon or does that include Pokemon we already know like Wooloo?

To be honest though, I'm a little disappointed we didn't even get one new Pokemon from this embargo lift. Throw us a bone Game Freak! :p

You guys remember that old rumor of the legendaries being unable to battle without their armor? Good times

Also
unknown.png

LOOK AT THIS! It's so precious!
Yeah, I noticed the animation being different then Scorbunny's, and fitting with the personality they talked about in the GI coverage.

Interesting.

Is that 9 completely new Pokemon or does that include Pokemon we already know like Wooloo?
Not sure. Another article mention that 6 of 7 Pokèmon that they found in the early route are new.

So we might not be sure on the total numbers, but there should be at least 6 new ones.

Back
Top Bottom