• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

@TheElderKing

According to IGN, watts are a currency used in the Wild Area for purchasing tents, items, and curry ingredients and such. So kind of like Diamond & Pearl's spheres in the Underground.

They also mention something noteworthy about Max Raid Battles - as long as one person successfully catches the Pokémon, all four participants receive it.

I read this from one of the articles:

"However, instead of it being the typical professor giving the monologue, Sword and Shield open with a speech from Chairman Rose in the middle of stadium in the style of a TV broadcast."

I guess this means that red elephant Pokemon is part of the traditional "Welcome to the world of Pokemon, this is a Pokemon" moment. I was actually thinking about this possibility the other day.

@TheElderKing

According to IGN, watts are a currency used in the Wild Area for purchasing tents, items, and curry ingredients and such. So kind of like Diamond & Pearl's spheres in the Underground.

They also mention something noteworthy about Max Raid Battles - as long as one person successfully catches the Pokémon, all four participants receive it.
Oh that's good thinking. So that way if one fails the other 3 have a chance to help you out.

I just noticed in the gameinformer article that it mentions the "Slumbering Weald" as a foggy location. I wonder if that's the foggy tree area we've already seen?

On top of that I wonder if those 6 new Pokemon on the route to Professor Magnolia are different from the new ones they encountered in the Slumbering Weald.

Also it's kinda strange to me that we have such a spooky area so early in the game, would they let us have ghost type Pokemon right from the start?

Also it seems Hop will have Wooloo in his team. Makes me wonder if Wooloo will become stronger than initially expected. So Starter and Wooloo for his team. Also I wonder what's the story with this Raihan character cause apparently he's one of the characters to keep hush about.
Hopefully it'll be a compelling character. Maybe we'll meet him in the final tournament as well?

I just noticed in the gameinformer article that it mentions the "Slumbering Weald" as a foggy location. I wonder if that's the foggy tree area we've already seen?

On top of that I wonder if those 6 new Pokemon on the route to Professor Magnolia are different from the new ones they encountered in the Slumbering Weald.

Also it's kinda strange to me that we have such a spooky area so early in the game, would they let us have ghost type Pokemon right from the start?
So, it'd explain why there are previews mentioning 9 new mons. I really like this part, because we'll have enough to variety to at least fill the early slots in the party.

Yep, there seems to be 9 based on the article, and the Everyeye one mentions that in the first routes only new mons are available, as in Black and White (but it's more impressive given that this game has other generations' mon in it).

That's really great, compared to SM, where we got lots of old mons or Alolan Rattata early on.

EDIT: also, the music seems to be quite impressive.

It seems like there will be lots of old mons in the game, but the focus will be on the new ones, which is how it should always be IMO.

You guys remember that old rumor of the legendaries being unable to battle without their armor? Good times

Also
unknown.png

LOOK AT THIS! It's so precious!

As much as I don't like Sobble, this is kind of cute. And it's nice to see each starter has a different interaction when choosing them. Now I wonder what Grookey does.

It seems like there will be lots of old mons in the game, but the focus will be on the new ones, which is how it should always be IMO.
At least in the early routes, yep. I do think they took the criticism of SM's distribution and improved on it.
And the previews kind of confirm that the reason behind the scarcity of information on new mons is the criticism on SM's marketing cycle.

Edit: it seems the Pokèmon with special aura in the wild will have some stats with max IV.

I figured that it would be Chairman Rose to open the game on, it definitely feels like they've been getting more experimental with the format ever since Kukui sent you that video message in S&M.

Glad to hear everything sounds good. If the only complaints are the graphics then that's an acceptable price since it's the first mainline game on the Switch.

I figured that it would be Chairman Rose to open the game on, it definitely feels like they've been getting more experimental with the format ever since Kukui sent you that video message in S&M.

Glad to hear everything sounds good. If the only complaints are the graphics then that's an acceptable price since it's the first mainline game on the Switch.
I still think that certain things aren't acceptable (like the tree textures), but yeah, I won't complain if the only problem in the games is the graphics.
More then the mainline game part, I think that developing the Wild Areas as MMORPG-like zone might've lead them to not push too much on the graphics...maybe.

Back
Top Bottom