• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I'd say today's previews have instilled more hope for this game than any of the marketing cycle has done so far. At least for me personally.
Same, the marketing for these games has just been horrible. I think yesterday's trailer would have been much better received if they had dropped Charizard in favor of a different gigantimax form.

Same, the marketing for these games has just been horrible. I think yesterday's trailer would have been much better received if they had dropped Charizard in favor of a different gigantimax form.
they really shouldn't have done that. because of course charizard needs a gigantamax form, HE HAS TO HAVE EVERYTHING! -_-

Is there hope for this games?
Absolutely not.
  • Return of regional variants
  • Return of cross-gen evolutions
  • Tons of customization options
  • Large open world areas
  • More immersive ways to interact with your Pokémon (camping, curry)
  • New battle mechanics and G-Max forms
  • More streamlined competitive battling preparations
  • Pokémon in the overworld
  • Quality of life enhancements
  • New League Tournament
  • League cards
  • An apparently engaging story line
  • Well-designed new characters
What hope could we possibly have?

Three forms is quite a lot considering most Pokemon only have 0-1 additional forms.
Castform has 3 forms and that was in one generation, Nobody gave a crap about him, Deoxys has 4 forms, Wormadam has 3, Rotom has 5. I s this really about getting too many forms or is just that Mr.Popular has too many forms?

Castform has 3 forms and that was in one generation, Nobody gave a crap about him, Deoxys has 4 forms, Wormadam has 3, Rotom has 5. I s this really about getting too many forms or is just that Mr.Popular has too many forms?
Again, none of those Pokémon have been shoved down our throats for more than 9 years. We would be complaining about them if they were front and center every time like they do with him and Pikachu.

yeah but those pokemon aren't constantly shoved down our throats every generation.

Castform's multiple forms was its gimmick
Deoxys is a Mythical
Wormadam's form were purely aesthetic (iirc)
Rotom's multiple forms was its gimmick like Castform
Meanwhile Charizard is just a fire starter, and on top of its 3 power-up forms (2 of which were introduced in the same game as Megas, while most Pokemon that could Mega Evolve only had one), it's basically the face of excessive pandering to Kanto nostalgia

Castform's multiple forms was its gimmick
Deoxys is a Mythical
Wormadam's form were purely aesthetic (iirc)
Rotom's multiple forms was its gimmick like Castform
Meanwhile Charizard is just a fire starter, and on top of its 3 power-up forms (2 of which were introduced in the same game as Megas, while most Pokemon that could Mega Evolve only had one), it's basically the face of excessive pandering to Kanto nostalgia
Well can we at least have a little sympathy for those who are fans of Charizard, like me for example?

Well can we at least have a little sympathy for those who are fans of Charizard, like me for example?

giphy.gif
Oh, those poor Charizard fans. Having to deal with so much merchandise and other Charizard fans and fancy forms and fanart and seeing a Pokemon they like everywhere in Pokemon media.

giphy.gif
Oh, those poor Charizard fans. Having to deal with so much merchandise and other Charizard fans and fancy forms and fanart and seeing a Pokemon they like everywhere in Pokemon media.
You I know it's hard to read sarcasm or jokes with text so I'll just assume you're kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom