• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this Charizard hate is... IDK, silly? He’s a top tier popular Pokémon, with Pikachu, Eevee, and Mewtwo. Yeah, he is a starter in the Kanto region. So? That doesn’t mean that the other two have to also appear with it alllll the way in Galar. He’s only a starter in one of eight regions (well two I guess? Kalos is weird).

There will be plenty of other g-max forms, everyone. It’s one form for one Pokémon that you will battle once in your life (more in competitive though).

There’s been pages and pages and pages of Charizard hate. It’s tired at this point.

Who would you replace as the Pokemon mascot?
Anyone else? Maybe someone that is actually useful. I'm not a competitive player at all, so usefulness to me is someone that is actually fun to use in the games and that can learn at least offensive moves of various types, not as limited as him.

Anyone else? Maybe someone that is actually useful. I'm not a competitive player at all, so usefulness to me is someone that is actually fun to use in the games and that can learn at least offensive moves of various types, not as limited as him.
Slaps on Lucario. Oh wait people hate him too

They'd still have to appeal to boys and girls too and get people drawn into/keep the franchise and keep it afloat.

All this Charizard hate is... IDK, silly? He’s a top tier popular Pokémon, with Pikachu, Eevee, and Mewtwo. Yeah, he is a starter in the Kanto region. So? That doesn’t mean that the other two have to also appear with it alllll the way in Galar. He’s only a starter in one of eight regions (well two I guess? Kalos is weird).

There will be plenty of other g-max forms, everyone. It’s one form for one Pokémon that you will battle once in your life (more in competitive though).

There’s been pages and pages and pages of Charizard hate. It’s tired at this point.
I guess it’s because he’s always in the spotlight compared to the other starters. He’s the one with two Megas. He’s the one with a Gigantamax, and returning in another game, while the other two might not.

On that topic, yeah, given the fact that they didn’t show the Kanto trio together, I do think they might go for an eterogenous trio formed by three starters from different generations.

i'm not a big fan of pikachu at all, but if we were to get rid of the pokemon mascot, what would it be? it has a gender neutral design, debatedly cute, associated with the good guy, etc.

They'd still have to appeal to boys and girls too and get people drawn into/keep the franchise and keep it afloat.
It doesn't matter to me. Like I said, I want someone fun to use, not annoyingly limited like Pikachu. In fact, my opinion on Pikachu would not be as bad as it is if it wasn't for that.

Why not just make Eevee the full time mascot? They've proven they're able to focus on Eevee as well as it's evolutions an equal amount. Unlike the other favorites.

Then proceed to hate that for getting attention for years?
it gets overexposed. that's it. that's why we don't like it. we aren't saying you have to hate it too. we're just voicing our opinions.
Why not just make Eevee the full time mascot? They've proven they're able to focus on Eevee as well as it's evolutions an equal amount. Unlike the other favorites.
that will work. eevee is much more likable than pikachu anyway.

Then proceed to hate that for getting attention for years?
Not really. I don't exactly hate Ryu from Street Fighter because he's fun to use. Same with the Mishimas in Tekken. Kratos from God of War goes into that territory too thanks to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Jotaro is also prominent in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but he's fun to use.

And if you want an example from Pokémon, Eevee is cool and interesting to me, and in my opinion it feels right using it.

Um, so I have another thought.

Ben Affleak is pretty much canon at this point, but there have been some things that aren’t 100% accurate, like Pamper and the box legendaries being forms instead of separate Pokémon. What if this “spiky ball of grey fur” isn’t Galarian Meowth, but rather Galarian Skitty or Glameow?

Even if Eevee is popular and now basically on same level of Pikachu, they’d never get rid of the latter. Pikachu is way too iconic for them to shift things.

Keep in mind that it’s not only him, or Charizard, that are getting attention, but Meowth too. It’s quite clear to me that the Gigantamax will be used for the anime, and a showdown between Ash’s Pikachu and TR’s Meowth will happen definitely.

Charizard as well, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return to Ash in a peculiar moment of the anime. Although for him, I think the major reason is that he’s Leon’s ace.

Um, so I have another thought.

Ben Affleak is pretty much canon at this point, but there have been some things that aren’t 100% accurate, like Pamper and the box legendaries being forms instead of separate Pokémon. What if this “spiky ball of grey fur” isn’t Galarian Meowth, but rather Galarian Skitty or Glameow?
It is possible, but it might also be that Meowth gets a cross evolution that looks like a spiky ball.

Hopefully it’ll be something related to Skitty or Glameow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom