• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the actual climax is probably not going to be all that special compared to SM/USUM.

This is one of my bigger fears regarding SwSh. I really don't want this to be a gen 7 clone plot-wise, but the pieces seem to be pointing towards that. We have our joke evil team that is more a group of ruffians than a crime syndicate and a sketchy organization with a sketchy leader.

Just imagine the Aether Base segment with Team Skull grunts instead of Aether employees. Even if Team Yell don't work for the actual villains, they're going to serve as grunt fodder and the actual climax is probably not going to be all that special compared to SM/USUM.
I somehow doubt Team Yell will have anything to do with the climax, unless Marnie is involved, and if she’d be on the good side, we’re not going to fight them. They are basically hooligans trying to block or hinders other trainers that are doing the Gym Challenge.

I do agree that it’d be bad for them to be the grunt fodders in the climax of the story, but it seems quite unrealistic for that to happen (even Team Skull had somehow more story-related feeling to them then Yell). And I’m not going to speculate if the climax would be good or not since we know nothing of the story.

And as good the climax was in SM, it was still ruined by the fact that we knew the Aether Foundation was up to no good from the intro of the game. Thankfully it seems SwSh’s won’t be as spoiler-heavy.

This is one of my bigger fears regarding SwSh. I really don't want this to be a gen 7 clone plot-wise, but the pieces seem to be pointing towards that. We have our joke evil team that is more a group of ruffians than a crime syndicate and a sketchy organization with a sketchy leader.
But they’re completely separating Yell from any semblance of ‘evilness’ in them, story-related, and the organization doesn’t have (so far) henchmen or something like that.

Also, based on the leaks, the big bad of the the main story might not even be a person this time.

But they’re completely separating Yell from any semblance of ‘evilness’ in them

Couldn't I say the same of Team Skull though? Neither team comes across as being evil in any shape or form, more just ruffians. Like, Team Skull is bad but I feel evil is too strong a word for them.

Couldn't I say the same of Team Skull though? Neither team comes across as being evil in any shape or form, more just ruffians. Like, Team Skull is bad but I feel evil is too strong a word for them.
It’s true to both that they’re not on the same level as traditional teams, but I think Yell is even clearer on being set as simple side characters. Skull still had Guzma and Gladion being somehow/slightly related to the main plot.

Team Yell appears really to be just fanboys of Marnie. Although it might be because of GF’s secrecy, but if she ends up as a good character with any relevance to the main plot, siding with us, TY won’t be antagonists at that point in any shape or form.

We’ll have to wait and see in any case, which I don’t mind, since it means the story isn’t spoiled to us by GF themselves.

It’s true to both that they’re not on the same level as traditional teams, but I think Yell is even clearer on being set as simple side characters. Skull still had Guzma and Gladion being somehow/slightly related to the main plot.

Team Yell appears really to be just fanboys of Marnie. Although it might be because of GF’s secrecy, but if she ends up as a good character with any relevance to the main plot, siding with us, TY won’t be antagonists at that point in any shape or form.

We’ll have to wait and see in any case, which I don’t mind, since it means the story isn’t spoiled to us by GF themselves.
I mean even though skull started out as harmless they ( in most interactions of Sm's story) almost help A crazy woman turn alola into a wasteland which makes them fit the " Not - So- Harmless Villain " trope.
Yell has been described by Mr Affleck has been well meaning which is the complete opposite of what skull was from a narrative standpoint.

I don't know, I don't think using a similar plot to Gen 7 is nearly as bad as all the generations we went where the evil team was the actual evil and we didn't have to question who our villain was. Evil teams are such a staple of the franchise, but it's a little tough keeping them around and fresh without turning it into a joke thing, since the evil team being the big bad has become such a tired plot. Making them into more of a joke/misdirect is at least a more interesting approach, even if it's not entirely original at this point.

I don't know, I don't think using a similar plot to Gen 7 is nearly as bad as all the generations we went where the evil team was the actual evil and we didn't have to question who our villain was. Evil teams are such a staple of the franchise, but it's a little tough keeping them around and fresh without turning it into a joke thing, since the evil team being the big bad has become such a tired plot. Making them into more of a joke/misdirect is at least a more interesting approach, even if it's not entirely original at this point.
The advantage of having a team like Yell, that won’t be seemingly be relevant to the main story, is that we won’t risk having situations where the villain’s goals are straight out moronic, as it was in RSE.

The advantage of having a team like Yell, that won’t be seemingly be relevant to the main story, is that we won’t risk having situations where the villain’s goals are straight out moronic, as it was in RSE.
Thank you. For all the **** Team Flare gets, at least what Lysandre was trying to do was on purpose, not by accident like Aqua/Magma.

There’s been pages and pages and pages of Charizard hate. It’s tired at this point.
Just want to note here that I don't hate Charizard. In fact, it's my second favorite Fire type starter and has my favorite Gigantamax form as of now.
I’m similar, as it’s my favorite starter in general, and favorite Gigantamax for now, and I’m not a fan of his exposure.
Just saying, but liking Charizard as a Pokémon and being annoyed by the disproportionate amount of attention it gets are not mutually exclusive concepts. I feel both ways, personally.
This counts as Charizard hate now? I wonder what you'd call it if someone said "I don't like Charizard".
All this Charizard hate is... IDK, silly? He’s a top tier popular Pokémon, with Pikachu, Eevee, and Mewtwo. Yeah, he is a starter in the Kanto region. So? That doesn’t mean that the other two have to also appear with it alllll the way in Galar. He’s only a starter in one of eight regions (well two I guess? Kalos is weird).
With the exception of Ash-Greninja, every other starter trio always appears together. It's not like people are being unreasonable to expect them to stay together.
Charizard is far beyond starter status. People need to not get so held up on that.
Since when?
There will be plenty of other g-max forms, everyone. It’s one form for one Pokémon that you will battle once in your life (more in competitive though).
And it's one starter getting a GMax form while the others get none. (And that's assuming that nobody else uses GMax Charizard)
Yeah how dare a fire breathing dragon, a creature well known beloved in most media, be considered popular or loved! Surely there's no reason tow why!
Nobody's saying Charizard doesn't deserve to be popular, they're saying it doesn't deserve better treatment than other Pokemon portrayed as equal. And they're not even asking that it gets its form taken away, they're just saying that the others should be given a form, too. And if being a fire-breathing dragon is enough to get this treatment, why aren't all the other dragons getting GMax forms and two megas?
I swear pokemon fans are too sensitive emotionally.
Well can we at least have a little sympathy for those who are fans of Charizard, like me for example?
The duality of man.

Why do Charizard fans need sympathy, exactly? Not only are we still getting it in SwSh, we're also getting it in a prominent story role, and with a new form. Then you turn around and say that people who want the same form given to one of its counterparts are "too sensitive emotionally". (And heaven forbid anyone say they're upset at the idea that their favorite Pokemon might be cut, because we've all heard your opinions on people like that) Nothing bad has happened to Charizard-why do you need someone else to feel sorry for you?

View: https://imgur.com/ihjt2iC

That’s a leak discussed on resetera right now, not sure if it’s new or not, but I figured to post it here anyway.

"Team Yell is looking after Marnie" again?
"Meteordita" so we're just gonna copy real leaks but not actually get the names right
"Oleana is pulling the strings but Leon is not part of an act at all"
BW protagonist for no reason at all.

Next!

Thank you. For all the **** Team Flare gets, at least what Lysandre was trying to do was on purpose, not by accident like Aqua/Magma.
I don’t understand how people would criticize TF and not TA/TM. The latter two had the worst goals of an evil team in mainline Pokémon games so far, and hopefully it’d stay that way.

I guess the only justification would be that it was actually the first time they were planning a goal for the evil team that wasn’t simply dominating and controlling the region like Team Rocket, as well as inserting the legendaries in the main plot of the games...but it was still really, really stupid.

View: https://imgur.com/ihjt2iC

That’s a leak discussed on resetera right now, not sure if it’s new or not, but I figured to post it here anyway.

I hope they don't pull another Xerneas/Yveltal with the wolves. The XY duo had great designs and concept and could've easily have had solid lore or story, but all they got was a small lore dump in Anistar City and then they turned into were gloried batteries. Zacian and Zamazenta getting sidelined the same way would be very disappointing, especially after SM did a better job with their Cover Legendaries.

@TechSkylander1518 : my post on Charizard was simply about stating that while I love Charizard, I also don’t like his overexposure in the franchise. I wasn’t talking about Charizard hate, although I might be misunderstanding your point.

And yeah, I honestly don’t see why the BW protagonist should be in Galar either. I’d have understood the DPPt one for a connection with the remakes, but not the former.

Since when?
... Since it topped popularity polls for years and years... since it got two mega forms in a game where the only other one to do was the original legendary Pokémon... I’m not going to continue. It’s obviously top tier popular in a way that no other starter has ever been. Ignore that all you want.

And I’m not taking that bait where you cherry-picked the comments of people saying they liked Charizard, FYI.

@TechSkylander1518 : my post on Charizard was simply about stating that while I love Charizard, I also don’t like his overexposure in the franchise. I wasn’t talking about Charizard hate, although I might be misunderstanding your point.
That was actually why I was quoting you there. Geebraprint was saying that there were "pages and pages of Charizard hate", but most of those posts were, like yours, saying that they still liked Charizard, which can hardly be called hate.
since it got two mega forms in a game where the only other one to do was the original legendary Pokémon...
So special treatment justifies more special treatment?

Last edited:
That was actually why I was quoting you there. Geebraprint was saying that there were "pages and pages of Charizard hate", but most of those posts were, like yours, saying that they still liked Charizard, which can hardly be called hate.
Ah, got it. As I thought, I misunderstood your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom