• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some accent ideas for some of the Galar Gym Leaders, based on britain

Milo: West Country Accent (since he's a Farmer)
Nessa: Northern Accent (somehow I felt Scouce, although we haven't yet seen the snowy Gym)
Bea/Allister: Derbyshire Accent (I feel around that area)
Eh, Kalos Gym Leaders didn't have any "hon hon hon oui oui baguette fromage Eiffel Tower mon ami" accents, why would they single out Galar for any?

Eh, Kalos Gym Leaders didn't have any "hon hon hon oui oui baguette fromage Eiffel Tower mon ami" accents, why would they single out Galar for any?
The only gym leader that even had any kind of accent was Ramos and even his was more American and southern sounding. The others were pretty much normal, even Professor Sycamore who's French mannerisms he had in the game weren't present in the anime.

Y'all are smokin smh. DP had some of the best fillers and the Best Version of Team Rocket. Sure they appeared in literally every episode but the humor was absolutely over-the-top.
As much as I like Diamond and Pearl, I think the best version of Team Rocket is Sun/Moon by far. They’re actually successful in life, have a decent den, have a lot of personality, and have actually competent Pokemon.

As much as I like Diamond and Pearl, I think the best version of Team Rocket is Sun/Moon by far. They’re actually successful in life, have a decent den, have a lot of personality, and have actually competent Pokemon.
I have to agree with both sides because I enjoyed them in Diamond and Pearl, but then Sun and Moon really did them justice for the reasons your mentioned.

Sun and moon brought out a lot of personality for the characters and gave them more life. Ash, for example, was, at least personality-wise, also the best he has ever been in S&M. Like for example that one scene where he hugs Prof. Kukui and Prof. Burnet shows that he has a bit more of a human side of him. I think never really hugged a human on his own besides those two. Not even his own mother.

This is also a reason why I adore S&M so much, Ash for once in his life, had something that he can call a family. Sure, he has his real mother, but you barely see them interacting with each other.

I'm Eagerly Awaiting Ash's Sponsorship in the Galar Televised Gym battles & League in Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield, since Who WOULDN'T Sponsor someone who won the first ever League of a Region that hadn't ever gotten a champion before, If He hadn't won in alola, nobody would've sponsored him because he would've been a waste of MONEY if he DIDN'T win!!

The Galar Gym arrangement seems to parallel that of Sinnoh in some way. I just watched Mudkipmemo and he pointed out that the first Gym in Motostoke will be Rock Type with Kabu, since it's close to a coal mine full of Rolycolys, and they're needed to fuel the city. Similar to Roark where Oreberge City has a coal mine as well as fossils. Milo's town is next, same typing as Gardenia, and has similar historical structure to Eterna City. These are just examples, but you can map them out for yourself.
Um what has this to do with this tread?

If so, then that'll be another sign of laziness.
Huh? It's laziness if they don't copy something that's been done before...?

tenor.gif

If so, then that'll be another sign of laziness.

So not completely copying pre-existing gym, their themes, their types and the way they are structured and distributed through the region is a sign of laziness? That's some bizarre logic you got there, buddy.

I think mid-Johto is worse. But yeah, DP's fillers are nothing to brag about.
I rewatched all Jouto episodes the same time I saw DP and I entirely disagree.

That might be nostalgia goggles, but I actually liked the Jouto fillers (not all of them, but most)

Y'all are smokin smh. DP had some of the best fillers and the Best Version of Team Rocket. Sure they appeared in literally every episode but the humor was absolutely over-the-top.
About the Rockets, I might agree (not sure, for me their most memorable moment is during AG). About the fillers, I still think early DP had the worst and most boring fillers in the series. For eg the three episodes I mentioned before.

Looking at Serebii news

''It has been confirmed that during the episode of Japanese variety show Pokénchi, due to air on October 27th, they will showcase "the latest information for Pokémon Sword & Shield". At present it's currently unclear if any of this information will be brand new information or a repeat of information previously released through other means.''

Wonder if any anime info will be included

I rewatched all Jouto episodes the same time I saw DP and I entirely disagree.

That might be nostalgia goggles, but I actually liked the Jouto fillers (not all of them, but most)

I think early Johto fillers are fine (Wired for Battle and Ignorance is Blissey are among some of my favorite episodes of the entire series) and late Johto is underrated in general. But mid Johto (Johto League Champions) is a chore to watch IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom