• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I am very much wondering now whether this discussion has turned into predicting one of two possible situations for Sword/Shield!!

The first is that the Abra line might not be in the Galar dex?? They did just appear in Let's Go, as well as it being in Pokemon GO, but if they are wanting to exclude it this is really their first opportunity to do so.
Not sure about it, on one hand, the Abra line has not been seen in SwSh, on the other hand, the controversy never affected the games, to the point that the only absence from a regional dex has been in Unova.

Thanks to that guy (whose name is Uri Geller, by the way), Kadabra will not be in the TCG again anytime soon. In fact, the last time he was in a card was in 2003. He might be as far as I know the TCG equivalent to Porygon.

Kadabra hasn't been in the anime since 2005 either, so it's actually gotten it from both ends.

In addition, and possibly related to this, Kadabra holding an everstone will still evolve when traded, ever since Gen 4.

That's depressing. And from the mangas side, it managed to outlive the rest before disappearing in 2011.

^^ I was referring to this discussion! :) :)
I should have quoted it directly but it was just above my post.

I mean, they put in the Reuniclus and Gothitelle lines, which were the gen 5 Abra replacements. So you never know.

I really don’t know what else to expect for a galarian line at this point. I would kind of like a new gen at this point. I still like the Blitzle opposite Ponyta idea, because I’m still not so sure sirfetch’d is its counterpart. Especially if Farfetch’d does not have a form.

^^ I am very much wondering now whether this discussion has turned into predicting one of two possible situations for Sword/Shield!!

The first is that the Abra line might not be in the Galar dex?? They did just appear in Let's Go, as well as it being in Pokemon GO, but if they are wanting to exclude it this is really their first opportunity to do so.

** Now I have checked the Serebii,net list of which Pokemon have been seen, the Abra line has not been seen yet..!!

The second is, perhaps there will be two totally new Galarian evolutions for Abra??
Uh... no... aside from seeming to ignore a programming mistake for years that has been forcing all traded Kadabra to evolve into Alakazam regardless of everstone (and given the timing, I question whether that might be intentional), Kadabra's presence in the games does not appear to have been affected by the controversy. Abra has still appeared in regions since then, and I doubt they'll replace Abra's evolutions just to write out Kadabra at this stage if they barely did anything to affect it before.

Granted a split evo would be straight fire.
When we were first introduced to Regional Variants, I had this idea in my head that if Pokemon with Megas can't get new forms (since that would mean the new form would "need" a mega too) then maybe a branch evolution could work. Now that variants have the possibility to evolve, then branching lines might be the next step GameFreak could take.

Funnily enough, the first idea I had was for an "Aolan Kadabra" that was a Fighting-type that fought with a fork instead of a spoon. It would then proceed to evolve into Alakaboom, a Fighting/Electric-type who would wield dual-tuning forks and use its strength to create massive sound bursts...
So the line would be Abra, Alolan Kadabra, AlakaBOOM!!!

Speaking of that controversy... I bought an issue of National Geographic because it was a special on supernatural witch-type things (and I am a witch so, I was all about buyin that bizz) and what did I find in one of the pages but a story about the spoon bending man himself.

"Me: Oh hey, it's that guy who got mad about Kadabra."

In other news. I saw that fake Galaran Hoot Hoot. Hoot hoot needs a regional variant. Gamefreak you listen here. I want to see a snowy hoot hoot. Well I mean. In the games anyway. I've already seen one.

CUZ I HECKIN MADE ONE YEARS AGO. ...I should turn its eyes blue. Hmm.

I would love a more explicitly wizard-like Galarian Abra line for SWSH. I’ve been saying it since the Galarian forms were revealed. Bonus points if it’s a dark sorcerer inspired design, Dark/Psychic

It seems weird that someone would leak a direct where they’d announce the final stage, while the middle ones aren’t revealed yet, and it’d clash a bit with how the cycle is going, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. We won’t know about the direct officially until the start of November, in any case.

The main thing that bothers me is that they are so incredibly detailed in the Smash portion, but incredibly vauge in the Pokemon portion. Why don't they give the names of any of the Pokemon? If they knew so much about the direct, surely they would know the names of the Pokemon. It really seems like some 14 year old got on 4chan to write their predictions for Smash, and then threw in Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom