• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sleep.gif

Me coming back to the leak thread after a weekend off the forums to literally 15 new pages (BTW, I'm not a mod but could we maybe tune the funposting down just a bit, please?) but no believable new info.

Anyway, doesn't seem like anything that surfaced over the weekend is plausible. I kinda assumed that some of the 90-minute reviewers would drop some info so I am a bit surprised tbh. Although prefacing your leaks with "I played the first 90 minutes of SWSH and [obvious middle-to-late-game info]" could very well become "My [relative] works for Game Freak and..." in the weeks until release.

Yeah, no, doubt it.
Revealing the final starter evolutions 2 days before game release might not even be too impossible on its own (we haven't seen the mid stage yet, but in theory we still could by then) despite official statements implying they likely won't be shown... But the way they're described - and not even named - is just a poor mix of Affleck (spy Sobble, gorilla Grookey) and fan wishes (for Scorbunny).

I can see someone not being too into Pokémon and thus remembering more details for Smash and less for SW/SH but if it was legit, at least a single name or a less vague description should be possible.

Honestly just skimmed through the Smash Bros part and didn't read the Animal Crossing part but overall it sounds like a 14yo's wish list claimed as a leak.

Realistically, though, how likely is a Direct with SW/SH news so close to the release of the games? A small trailer I could see happen, but Direct coverage? Idk.

I wonder if it is Mrs Mime like a branch evolution of Mime Jr or if it is a completely different pokemon.

I am hoping it is separate from the Mime family.

!! Jester/juggling Galarian Abra line perhaps might fit!
If Kadabra and Alakazam were to have their spoons replaced with juggling balls that are type-changing energy spheres it could be something like Castform! That might be a bit too complicated though. :)

100% fake. They are NEVER EVER gonna show Pokemon starter evolutions in a regular Nintendo Direct, since they will instantly overshadow the rest of the Direct.
I disagree I think they would. They have no problem having it do that. Maybe not with Pokemon as much, but they have done it before. Still this is fake. I don’t believe for an instant they will have a direct in November, and not two days before release. Besides most of it does not even sound good.

Last edited:
100% fake. They are NEVER EVER gonna show Pokemon starter evolutions in a regular Nintendo Direct, since they will instantly overshadow the rest of the Direct.
Starter evos are not going to overshadow an announcement for a new game or another game showing off some actual features. Thinking that it is that big of news that everyone will forget everything else is just narrow pokemon fan logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom