• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped buying both games in gen 3. Too pricey for my blood. Though if I can find the other for super cheap by stumbling on it somewhere I probably will get it. Got Fire Red and Leaf Green for super cheap when I found them.

My top pick's always fire. But I also enjoy the grass types. Don't tell Blaziken but I like Sceptile more.

Technically, we do know Grookey becomes a gorilla with drums, Scorbunny a fighter and Sobble a spy.

Personally I can see Sobble's evolutions going somewhat along the lines of the Lizalfos from Zelda BOTW. ...maybe I also just don't want any of the starters to look too human, so Lizalfos seems like a decent enough direction.

I'm getting both games since BW which just means I'll have to decide which starter not to pick which is... A bit easier lol
Before that I had the habit to get all 3 starters in my run via trade to avoid having to choose in general.
Overall I'm most sold on the Grass types, though, Water being a very close second. It's not like I dislike the Fire starters, just usually prefer at least one of the others. On this note, the only starters I overall dislike are Snivy, Fennekin and the Alola starters.

True, but people are still weary of uncanny valley until they actually see the pokemon.

I stopped buying both games in gen 3. Too pricey for my blood. Though if I can find the other for super cheap by stumbling on it somewhere I probably will get it. Got Fire Red and Leaf Green for super cheap when I found them.

My top pick's always fire. But I also enjoy the grass types. Don't tell Blaziken but I like Sceptile more.
I never could justify the purchase of the two versions myself.. but I am all for 3rd versions oddly. And I decided if SwSh does have sequels, I will get one this time. I am not sure they will do 3rd versions anymore and that's ok.

I usually pick water or grass. After gen 3 I just stopped caring for the fire ones...

True, but people are still weary of uncanny valley until they actually see the pokemon.
Yeah, I can definitely relate to that. I like all three Galar starters pretty much equally, but worst case scenario I'll dislike all of the final evolutions. As long as they don't get too human, and neither too masculine or feminine, I think I'll be good, though. Yet... At this point, absolutely nothing reassures me. I'll still ignore datamines, though, and just hope for the best once I play the games myself.

I never could justify the purchase of the two versions myself.. but I am all for 3rd versions oddly. And I decided if SwSh does have sequels, I will get one this time. I am not sure they will do 3rd versions anymore and that's ok.
I loved and miss third versions. They were like the best of both games, plus some extras. They couldn't be replaced by just DLC content imo either, as the extras were spread out all throughout the game, not just post-game.
Plus, a nice reason to explore the region again without having to abandon your save.
BW2 were still cool on their own, being sequels.
One of the things I liked a lot about third versions were that you'd get both original cover legendaries in a single game. BW2 at least let you get both overall as well, if you stuck to your first choice (W -> W2 or B -> B2)
USUM were just a cheap cashgrab in comparison, and if that's the "third version replacement" we'd get from now on, I'd rather not have those to begin with.

I loved and miss third versions. They were like the best of both games, plus some extras. They couldn't be replaced by just DLC content imo either, as the extras were spread out all throughout the game, not just post-game.
This is the best way to handle things, because, really, third versions were like expansions in old games, were you had to buy the same game at the same price just to experience something new glares at Castlevania 64

A sequel would be better in my opinion, for the reasons you said (which is why I got Black 2 instead of White 2).

XD I finally wisened up and waited to buy the third version... in Gen 6. You know about how well that went.
Yeah, but as someone that is not known for patience, that's annoying.

Third versions are good.
BW2 and USUM :bulbaLove:
Don't think we can count B2W2 as third versions since they didn't recycle the same plot as the other two.

USUM is divisive for me: on one hand, they did up the difficulty a bit, I liked the bigger variety in Pokémon and the fact that Mina had a trial but at the same time, they messed up the Aether plot, Ultra Megalopolis was wasted, and the Ultra Necrozma beat Whitney's Miltank in the "that one boss" department.

Claiming to be a card designer is kind of new at least - but on the other hand, wasn't stating what exactly you do as a job one of the signs that makes a leak less credible, as it makes you easier to be found and thus fired? (Plus fined, or whatever else.)

Though I wouldn't mind too much if those were legit, except for Wooloo 3, and they don't look too off to seem overly fake either. Hm.

"I open up my post giving my job"
"I've been given designs for two starter evos but not the remaining one"
"I've been given a name but I don't know what language it's in, even though my job is apparently typography and so I would need to know what language to put it in"
"I work on card designs and don't know Pokemon names but I do know that this Pokemon evolves through an item, despite TCG evos not requiring them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom