• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I open up my post giving my job"
"I've been given designs for two starter evos but not the remaining one"
"I've been given a name but I don't know what language it's in, even though my job is apparently typography and so I would need to know what language to put it in"
"I work on card designs and don't know Pokemon names but I do know that this Pokemon evolves through an item, despite TCG evos not requiring them"
Aren't there a lot of artists for the tcg? Each has their own styles and such?

What are the phonetic/linguistic roots of banitriker? kinda sounds like striker, which I assume is because soccer? The rolycoaly ones are... odd, but not super fake. The teacup one is very convincing, definitely could see it as a polteageist prevo. Starter evos look very in line with the traditional starter mid-evo: awkward, no visible theme, kinda just a bigger version of the first form. Wooloo... I hope this isn't real.

Aren't there a lot of artists for the tcg? Each has their own styles and such?
How does that change my point? Even with several artists, it's still a dumb idea to confess your job while violating an NDA. They even said they do "typography, some printing work, and some packaging work"-that narrows things down even further.

"I open up my post giving my job"
"I've been given designs for two starter evos but not the remaining one"
"I've been given a name but I don't know what language it's in, even though my job is apparently typography and so I would need to know what language to put it in"
"I work on card designs and don't know Pokemon names but I do know that this Pokemon evolves through an item, despite TCG evos not requiring them"
Also the perfect English and I doubt a real designer would draw in MS Paint with what seems to be a mouse.

How does that change my point? Even with several artists, it's still a dumb idea to confess your job while violating an NDA. They even said they do "typography, some printing work, and some packaging work"-that narrows things down even further.
Because there are so many different artists it's much harder to pin down who exactly posted from that alone, plus the art is so rough it's also hard to pin down a style.

Um, I don't know ho many you're seeing, but that's quite a lot and that's not counting any new recruits
165? Minus 2 because they're just topic pages- 163 artists. I've managed a group with nearly that many- it's really not a lot.

And if they've only accumulated 163 artists in the entire time the TCG has run then there aren't going to be many newbies- and if there are newbies, that's gonna be the first place they'll look.

On top of that, they claim to do typography- given how the typography on cards is pretty standardized, that narrows it down to just the one guy who has that job. So zero anonymity there.

Because there are so many different artists it's much harder to pin down who exactly posted from that alone, plus the art is so rough it's also hard to pin down a style.
So, hey, let's say we're Pokemon Company executives and we have to look at this list of 163 people, give or take any that left and any new recruits. Instead of trying to narrow it down by artstyle, why don't we just go down the list and see
  • Who have we sent Scorbunny and Grookey's evo designs to, but not Sobble's?
  • Who did we tell the name of Banitriker to?
  • Who speaks English in our department?
  • Who works on typography, printing test, and package design?
You really think it's that hard to narrow it down with all that information?

And again, this isn't even the only thing that marks this leak as a fake. Look at how the TCG handles item evolutions, like Flareon or Magmortar. They don't require an item at all. So a TCG person shouldn't know about an item evolution that would only be relevant to the games.

I really like those designs and they are definitely drawn better than usual. Probably fake but at least it's something unique.
(but I'd prefer wooloo's evo to not be on 2 legs tbh)

Striker because it likes to run, and probably kick things. Probable soccer motif for Scorbunny final?

The idea of being a card designer is novel, but otherwise this is painfully bad and not thought out at all. Despite claiming to be a card designer they seem to have no understanding about how the process works. I'm filing this one under "Really Bad 4-chan Leaks".

Honestly I think the only reason why these bad leaks are getting attention is that Poketubers are desperate for content and fans are desperate for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom