• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I think the coding for the Galarian forms was found awhile back in Go actually, before Galarian Ponyta's reveal. It might just be a thing that they haven't put it in yet (likely because they know their stuff gets datamined on a regular basis). I really wish they would make a mistake though so we could get some answers. As they prepare to add them in they will probably put more of the coding in. Sometimes this coding can be found from a month to two or even three months before, so they probably just waiting to put the coding for other new ones in.

I don't think we'll see a new trailer tomorrow. Besides that one random Monday reveal in July, they have been pretty good about mentioning a trailer ahead of time. I think we could see a trailer in early November though, likely one last hoorah and then have an overview trailer in the couple days before the release.

I see a trailer happening next Wednesday... they seem to like the every-other-week news drip (yes, drip... so slow).

Since the most recent trailer revisited Gigantamax, and regional forms have been revisited by Sitfetch’d and Ponyta, I think we’re due for a couple more brand new Pokémon. I’ve given up hoping for middle stage starters, so this would probably be more random ones like Cramorant or Polteageist. They haven’t revealed Skwovet or Greedunt, so those seem like safe bets.

sometimes I still wonder whether a few of the names in the Affleak are misspelled!

Skwovet is fun to say out loud, but it looks more confusing than most preexisting names just as letters. Sizzile as a name doesn't feel like it would make sense, unless, of course, the invisibility has begun to quickly ripple on its surface causing it to look like it is "sizzling".

sometimes I still wonder whether a few of the names in the Affleak are misspelled!

Skwovet is fun to say out loud, but it looks more confusing than most preexisting names just as letters. Sizzile as a name doesn't feel like it would make sense, unless, of course, the invisibility has begun to quickly ripple on its surface causing it to look like it is "sizzling".
defintely a possibility since he spelled Yamper as "Pamper"

I mean... Popplio? Brionne? Those are just the weird ones that come to mind immediately since we’re talking about starters.

I think Skwovet is a clever way to spell out squirrel+covet, and seems really Pokémon-ish to me.

So what about potentially Gigantamax Gengar revealed next Wednesday in time for halloween
While that is ideal, the backlash of more Kanto gigantamax forms (even though last week was the first revealed) would be annoying to go through. I’d rather they reveal a new ghost Pokémon (Galarian form or otherwise).

Gigantamax forms are anticlimax. I don't get the hype about them. They're just there for 3 turns and a generation-specific mechanic. That's all fine and dandy, of course, but seeing news about them? Waste of space.

I want to see new Pokémon or regional forms. The rest is fluff.

I could see them revealing a Gigantamax Gengar, but I think they would also reveal another new ghost pokemon/Galarian form (if they are focusing on a spooky theme). They do definitely seem to be putting out new stuff faster now but have instead chosen to put it in smaller portions. So if they did have another trailer next week I could very easily see them only showing off one or two things, then maybe even posting a final trailer with some bigger announcements. (Of course, the games might be datamined at this point).

I honestly hope they wouldn't reveal Gigantamax Gengar, especially after that incredibly disappointing news drop we got earlier. I'd much rather see them reveal a new Ghost type Pokemon on Halloween. Maybe the Pokemon Alliester uses as his ace, if his ace is not Polteagiest.

Seriously I really feel like we need just one more big trailer that reveals a couple new Pokemon and a new feature. The Kanto Gigantamax trailer wouldn't have been so disappointing if they showed off maybe 3 new Pokemon to go with it, a new feature, and someone like Kabu or Opal.

I think Skwovet is a clever way to spell out squirrel+covet, and seems really Pokémon-ish to me.

Oh!! So that is what the name references!! I was thinking it was something + Marmot and did not understand; it even caused me to miss that Squirrel is referenced! Thank you :) :)

I really hope that the next potential trailer avoids any kind of Gen 1 pandering completely.

Minute, but we got a Snorlax sleeping infront of the bridge in Kalos, and multiple Kanto pandering references in Alola, can we not go ONE GENERATION with just some MINOR Kanto pandering if they still feel it's so neccessary at this point.

I've honestly grown to HATE Charizard after all of this (and that's coming from someone who once loved Charizard X), but, even fans that have been out of the cycle for years, can only seem to remember Pikachu and Charizard and that is where their consistent marketing prospects seem to fall (especially now with the move to the Switch), please can we just be DONE with it. Or give something to Blastoise and Venusaur too.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather see Lucario garner more forms and attention than an overrated Fire starter from the 1st generation of Pokemon.

If Charizard could speak, it would probably feel the same lmao.

I've seen some people say that it might be Sizzile because Sobble becomes a poison type. Like sizzling acid.

Back
Top Bottom