• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

That's true, but they did still serve roles in the story, even if very briefly. Ryuki's role in the games is so small you could actually do a full playthrough and not even encounter him.

But Ryuki wasn't really connected to gyms there-he doesn't appear in the Kanto gym at all in SuMo, and only occasionally in USUM.
Ohh, my bad, I thought that was his whole thing... he's certainly a weird one.

Ohh, my bad, I thought that was his whole thing... he's certainly a weird one.
Yeah, this is why I think he's in one of those "we changed plans in the middle of things, but it is too complete to just throw away" situations. Kinda like Chernabog in Kingdom Hearts: He was supposed to be the final boss, but then they changed their minds and made him an optional boss because he was finished when they made that change.

Yeah, this is why I think he's in one of those "we changed plans in the middle of things, but it is too complete to just throw away" situations. Kinda like Chernabog in Kingdom Hearts: He was supposed to be the final boss, but then they changed their minds and made him an optional boss because he was finished when they made that change.
I wonder if maybe he was meant to be a Trial captain- considering what a mess trials turned out to be.

His looks have such an unique appearance that he doesn't even really fit Alola.

He looks more like a dev's pet-project to me.

Most likely would have been the Dragon Trial Captain. Maybe he was swapped for Mina.
Maybe they designed the Trial Captains before the trials? He's not a very natural fit for the region, as @AngryBinacle pointed out, so ultimately he may have just wound up not having anywhere that would fit him and instead he got shafted in favor of either Mina or the Captainless trial.

Ah... I guess that answers that- they just appear in their giga form in the wild. That's actually kind of annoying that you seem to have to catch them fully evolved.

This also probably explains why Butterfree was revealed in that last trailer alongside the other four special ones.
Wait, does this mean they can’t be bred?

As far as we know, based on Ohmori's reaction in the Game Informer interview, we at least won't see fewer new Pokemon than in Gen VI, though I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its more than or equal to Alola's new Pokemon roster.
I hope a plus-side of Dexit is an actual increase of the amount of new designs.

View: https://twitter.com/PLDHnet/status/1187594893817827328

well that settles that. Hopefully this rests concerns about the game not having enough content to show off. Its exciting!

Both are great news. Expecially the latter if it means a big number of new Pokémon is in, but having a npc that you can use to delete and relearn moves in every Pokémon center is also nice. Having different npcs in different cities with all those different functions was a tedious and old system.

Even if not the same npc, I hope the move tutor is one in the games.

Seeing how the most recent Japanese trailer went through all the new designs (new Pokémon, Galarian forms and Gigantamax forms), I kind of doubt we'll see much more at this stage before the reveal happens.

The commercials and the like really point out how the end is in sight.

Ah... I guess that answers that- they just appear in their giga form in the wild. That's actually kind of annoying that you seem to have to catch them fully evolved.

This also probably explains why Butterfree was revealed in that last trailer alongside the other four special ones.
having to catch them fully evolved would really suck... and it would change what g-pokemon I would actually put on my team. I mean, why can't there be a mark for pokemon who are not in their last stage yet that can g-max when they get there? or have a little entry that talks about it having a locked mysterious ability/aura?
I too wonder if the g-max trait could be bred......... I have a funny feeling it can't.

having to catch them fully evolved would really suck... and it would change what g-pokemon I would actually put on my team. I mean, why can't there be a mark for pokemon who are not in their last stage yet that can g-max when they get there? or have a little entry that talks about it having a locked mysterious ability/aura?
I too wonder if the g-max trait could be bred......... I have a funny feeling it can't.
Why don't you just have multiple G-pokemon?

Also I don't see why it wouldn't be breedable, the directors already said they're trying to make things easier, why would they make it super tedious?

Back
Top Bottom