• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Gigantamax doesn't change anything but design, moves and stats (maybe just HP). I am not sure what there is to argue about.

Moltres, Ho-oh... Talonflame....

Fire is life force. Soul. If it trsnsformed it wings into fire... Volcarona maybe is related via dex entry but Charizard too. Taking thats fire what holds it by life.
Yeahhhh no. The only time Fire's been associated with 'life force' from my knowledge as a elemental-focused witch was a single greek philosopher who seemed to like fire more than the other three (or other four, if you include Spirit which is the ACTUAL closest life force element). It's more associated with passion, anger, destruction. In tarot it represents conversion and passion, and transformation which can be good or bad.
If ponyta could change typing with energy why not they for 3turns?
It changed typing due to a different environment in a different region... pretty sure energy didn't have much to do with it.
Would you have a problem with it beeing fire/fairy? Fire/steel? Fire/ghost for 3 turns?
glances at the design again I see nothing on this dragon that screams its anything but pure fire. Its tale flame has started to consume the tail. Its wings are now fire. Fire is coming off its horns. Its collar bones are now fire. Its mouth and the lighter area of its stomach and down its tail now seem to glow as if it is full of pure magma-hot fire. It's probably fire my dude.
lets do a pole and ask people what types and abilities they would want for those G-forms?
Personally I'd prefer G-Forms to not have different types and abilities from the regular form because they're just super sizing the pokemon. :| Plus they only really last for 3 turns so it seems kind of pointless.

Dynamax is definitely not the appealing thing from the games for me. If I do get a copy of one of the two versions, it won't be because of Dynamax.

So then why not advocate for Chandelure to get Levitate?

lost it thats why though about using Gigantamax as a way to use it.
Charizard with fire wings is much better for it.

Wildfires are not sentient, and so do not fear anything. And Charizard is still an animal, not the embodiment of a wildfire. If we use this logic, then Water should also be immune to Normal and Fighting, because the ocean isn't hurt by warriors punching it or animals scratching it.

with your logic most part ghost pokemon should not be ghost pokemon at all... or any pokemon should have any element...

sense for the design.
also a argument that would mean many pokemon like Garchomp should be water/dark... and a sharpedo evolution...

Being used by a champion doesn't mean a Pokemon should get a power boost totally unrelated to its design.

here are you right but it's a starter pokemon and they should get more.
They maybe are experimenting on Charizard to see how people would like it.
And probably think what pokemon should get Megas or G-max...

Gigantamax doesn't change anything but design, moves and stats (maybe just HP). I am not sure what there is to argue about.

but as said G-max should be able to change type and ability as a transformation, this way it could maybe not outclass Megas depending on stats difference between them but would allow for something different.

Silktree
whats your opinion? Should G-max allow to change type and abilities of pokemon to make it outstand more from D-max?
taking so drastic design changes, assumption of other abilities and types is natural.
____
glances at the design again I see nothing on this dragon that screams its anything but pure fire. Its tale flame has started to consume the tail. Its wings are now fire. Fire is coming off its horns. Its collar bones are now fire. Its mouth and the lighter area of its stomach and down its tail now seem to glow as if it is full of pure magma-hot fire. It's probably fire my dude.

fire? Pumpkaboo and Goergeist have fire in them, Chandelure has fire in it... Alolan Marowak has buring bones... and it would be surprising to get a very sun oriented ghost pokemon form. I wouldn't mind.
Blacephalon is a rainbow colored one without any fire...

G-Charizard with its speed would need to worry about Gengar although?
Hmmm speed? Maybe it's some criterion here related to G-max that we should think of... that and priority moves.
____

After a Dynamax pokemon reverts does it can attack or does it recharge a turn? what about Gigantamax and G-moves? do we lose a turn or something when transformation ends or when we used such powerful moves? maybe there is a catch in all this? 3 turns big power bust and then a recharge turn maybe?(better then faiting)

Last edited:
1. Longcat is Long.

2. It's supposed to look a lot fluffier than normal. To me it looks like the fluff's just drawn upside down and Eevee's looking sassy, but yeah.

3. This is the only good one what are you on about my dukus.

whats your opinion? Should G-max allow to change type and abilities of pokemon to make it outstand more from D-max?
taking so drastic design changes, assumption of other abilities and types is natural.
The current designs don't scream new typings, for one thing. As for abilities, in all honesty we should be comparing these forms to Dynamax rather than Mega Evolution, which might be gone for good and required an item. As such, is there any reason why Gigantamax should be noticeably better than Dynamax? Not really. It's like the signature Z-moves.

Last edited:
Charizard with fire wings is much better for it.
Or maybe just give it the Flying type, like most Pokemon with wings?
with your logic most part ghost pokemon should not be ghost pokemon at all... or any pokemon should have any element...
The logic that "Pokemon are animals wielding elemental powers" is logic that no Pokemon should have any type?
also a argument that would mean many pokemon like Garchomp should be water/dark... and a sharpedo evolution...
Garchomp takes elements from wyverns and land sharks, so Dragon/Ground makes perfect sense. And it's way too different from Sharpedo to be an evolution.

Are you seriously arguing that it's unreasonable to base typing on the design of a Pokemon?
here are you right but it's a starter pokemon and they should get more.
Ha, tell that to the Gen 2 starters.
They maybe are experimenting on Charizard to see how people would like it.
They're not gonna experiment a month before release.
And probably think what pokemon should get Megas or G-max...
Megas aren't in the game, and a month before release is too soon to add a new GMax form.
G-Charizard with its speed would need to worry about Gengar although?
Why would it need to worry about Gengar? Gengar doesn't have STAB moves against Charizard.
After a Dynamax pokemon reverts does it can attack or does it recharge a turn? what about Gigantamax and G-moves? do we lose a turn or something when transformation ends or when we used such powerful moves? maybe there is a catch in all this? 3 turns big power bust and then a recharge turn maybe?(better then faiting)
There's been nothing suggesting this.

Last edited:
Or maybe just give it the Flying type, like most Pokemon with wings?

tuche but also doesn't negate my ghost typing. (or fairy typing)

Why would it need to worry about Gengar? Gengar doesn't have STAB moves against Charizard.
if it would be fire/ghost then dark and ghost moves would be SE on it.

The current designs don't scream new typings, for one thing. As for abilities, in all honesty we should be comparing these forms to Dynamax rather than Mega Evolution, which might be gone for good and required an item. As such, is there any reason why Gigantamax should be noticeably better than Dynamax? Not really. It's like the signature Z-moves.
not gone for good, they alredy stated that they still exists and that the female profesor talks about them too comparing her research with other profesors.

There's been nothing suggesting this.

are video materials that show that my thesis result is negativ? would make sense to have other reverse effect then only 3 turn limit when so powerful, there needs to be more difference between Dyna and Giganta...

Interesting if they could call some forms Titan, Titana-max, would be need for gen 4 legendaries
or Celestial-max would fit the feauture.

tuche but also doesn't negate my ghost typing. (or fairy typing)
I didn't say wings meant a Pokemon couldn't be Ghost or Fairy. I said that there's no reason to give a Pokemon Levitate and a new type just for the sake of giving it immunities when it doesn't match the design.
if it would be fire/ghost then dark and ghost moves would be SE on it.
So you're listing one possible counter to a Fire/Ghost Charizard as a reason it should exist? And Gengar doesn't have STAB Dark moves, it's Ghost/Poison.
not gone for good, they alredy stated that they still exists and that the female profesor talks about them too comparing her research with other profesors.
Just because they still exist in-universe doesn't mean we'll be seeing them any time soon.
are video materials that show that my thesis result is negativ?
People played using Dynamax at E3 and never reported anything like that-that's pretty solid evidence.

I didn't say wings meant a Pokemon couldn't be Ghost or Fairy. I said that there's no reason to give a Pokemon Levitate and a new type just for the sake of giving it immunities when it doesn't match the design.

It's a dragon with wings made of fire. So it's obviously a Fire type. But I see no reason that having fire wings guarantees just based on design that it will be Flying type. If Gigantamax Charizard was a new Pokemon, most people would speculate Fire/Dragon I think.

Of course, we know things that look like fire dragons might lack Dragon type because of Charizard. But we know that Charizard was technically an exception to an established rule anyway. So if we know it is Fire type, and that dragons are Dragon type, and that Pokemon can only have two types, then we would have known that Gigantamax Charizard was Fire/Dragon or Dragon/Fire and Flying would've been definitely ruled out. It barely fits with the design, even, compared to Dragon and Fire.

It's a dragon with wings made of fire. So it's obviously a Fire type. But I see no reason that having fire wings guarantees just based on design that it will be Flying type. If Gigantamax Charizard was a new Pokemon, most people would speculate Fire/Dragon I think.

Of course, we know things that look like fire dragons might lack Dragon type because of Charizard. But we know that Charizard was technically an exception to an established rule anyway. So if we know it is Fire type, and that dragons are Dragon type, and that Pokemon can only have two types, then we would have known that Gigantamax Charizard was Fire/Dragon or Dragon/Fire and Flying would've been definitely ruled out. It barely fits with the design, even, compared to Dragon and Fire.
I never said that wings meant that a Pokemon has to be Flying. My point was that, if we want to give Charizard an immunity to Ground like Matleo was suggesting, then it would make more sense to make it Flying than it would be to slap Ghost or Fairy and then give it levitate, because it makes no sense to give it either one of those types.

I never said that wings meant that a Pokemon has to be Flying. My point was that, if we want to give Charizard an immunity to Ground like Matleo was suggesting, then it would make more sense to make it Flying than it would be to slap Ghost or Fairy and then give it levitate, because it makes no sense to give it either one of those types.

creating a fire/dragon with levitate would make sense but Charizard already has its Mega X...
a new pokemon should get this and weaker for that but...
G-max felt special and I wanted something different then a overpowered fire/flying Charizard... We alredy got Charizard-Y...
You get my point here? ghost fited perfect for a 3 turn change especialy that Chandelure lost it's one.

Last edited:
So based on the new video, it looks like you'll see the Gigantamax Pokemon's sprite on a glowing yellow BG when about to find them in the Max Raid battle. It also seems like the energy beam thing is a darker purple than the bright pink the regular Dynamax Pokemon have for raids.

I doubt this'll happen, but I hope for Alcremie you'll get a message telling you what flavor it is in it's normal form before you start the max raid battle. It would make it so much easier hunting for a G-Max Alcremie of a specific flavor, but like I said, I don't see that being a thing.

Why should the turn limit make it a Ghost-type?
[/QUOT
Why should the turn limit make it a Ghost-type?

To make stronger pokemon? Make useful and surprise oponent more? Allow it to fullfil other roles. Would allow it to escape Traps and perish song or curse combo.
Their movesets during form lose their old effects. Change of type and ability just makes sense especialy to make up for it. Its previous forms could shadow claw it for SE. Charizards dont get rock moves. Could. Thunder punch it but ghost or fairy would give it the special God lizard vibe that it seriously needs. Or a ability like Primal Groudon has.

Other pokes could get other types. Think of it longer. Gigantamax Octilery water/fairy , gigantamax Lapras ice/dragon and Machamp fighting/fire

Last edited:
To make stronger pokemon? Make useful and surprise oponent more? Allow it to fullfil other roles. Would allow it to escape Traps and perish song or curse combo.
Their movesets during form lose their old effects. Change of type and ability just makes sense especialy to make up for it.

That's a pretty flimsy justification for giving GMax Charizard the Ghost typing. I mean, wouldn't it be more beneficial to give it the Steel type then? At any rate, just because a typing may make a Pokemon stronger does not mean it should be given to said Pokemon. The Ghost type does not match with GMax Charizard's design or lore.

That's a pretty flimsy justification for giving GMax Charizard the Ghost typing. I mean, wouldn't it be more beneficial to give it the Steel type then? At any rate, just because a typing may make a Pokemon stronger does not mean it should be given to said Pokemon. The Ghost type does not match with GMax Charizard's design or lore.

The same could be said about Altaria, Flygon, Gyraydos, Milotic, Galar Ponyta, Jynx and others.

Gigantamax forms with primaordial sea and land or Delta wind ? Hot or not?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom