• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this post, the merch heavily implies that this Sinnoh remake is a Let's Go game. Even Poke Shopper is speculating on this being the case.
Again, the interview heavily disproves a Sinnoh remake being a Let's Go game. After all, Game Freak knows they can't make Let's Go games out of order.

Again, the interview heavily disproves a Sinnoh remake being a Let's Go game. After all, Game Freak knows they can't make Let's Go games out of order.
Then, no Sinnoh remake it is then. I'm doubting that we're even getting a new main series game next year anyways.

Nothing has disproven a traditional Sinnoh remake yet. Don't make judgements based on just word of mouth from fans or your own assumptions.
Agreed. Pokeshopper did state that a lot of Sinnoh Merchandising is coming next year, meaning that a Traditional Gen 4 Remake is likely to come after SwSh. It's overdue for one anyway. Plus it just simply mean that Gen 8 will only have one remake, that being Gen 4.

Last edited:
That's unlikely, it's either Let's Go or nothing now.

What makes you so sure? It's rather clear that a Let's Go Sinnoh would perhaps be the worst possible route GameFreak could go--they would probably satisfy few people. The people who want another Let's Go game want Let's Go Johto and the people who want a Sinnoh remake would much prefer a more traditional game. Therefore, I doubt the hypothetical Sinnoh remakes this gen will be Let's Go games.

I remember an extra at the World Tournament in B2W2 suggesting that Lieutenant Surge was from Unova.

As for Fantina. If I recall correctly her speech was peppered with English phrases in the Japanese version, so they had to change it to another language (French) to keep consistency in the English release I guess.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think they‘ve really referenced real world locations since Generation I or II, note that Kanto is the only region named after a real place.

They still keep it in some Dex descriptions. Yesterday I went back to HG and came across Poliwrath's text about the Pacific Ocean.

I do think normal Sinnoh remakes are coming out next year, but even if Let's Go Johto isn't a thing, I still think paired Crystal remakes are releasing before the eventual Unova remakes.

Way I see it, since FRLG came out after RS, the next region that we were due after ORAS was Kanto. Since RG had already been remade, they opted for Yellow. So we'll get DP remakes and then either this generation or next, a Crystal remake. But if they've decided not to continue the Let's Go series (either because of critical backlash or because LG was very specifically about Gen 1 nostalgia), they'll still remake Crystal rather than skipping it, they'll just do something different with it.

Of course it could be that Let's Go Johto does happen, just not till Gen 9. Either way, I think the remake order will be Sinnoh-Johto-Unova.

One pattern to notice if you care about it:

Every remake came just after the first series of a new console.

Gen 1 Remake - After Ruby/Sapphire (GBA First Series)
Gen 2 Remake - After Diamond/Pearl (DS First Series)
Gen 3 Remake - After X/Y (3DS First Series)

Gen 4 Remake - Loading...

Yeah, we noticed that.

But patterns can be broken. There was no third version for SM or XY.

But hopefully my observation will be proven wrong.

(I'll only truly know that I am right if we get no Kirby art game in 2020.

Yeah, we noticed that.

I know that they usually break patterns. But the "remakes at every new console" is a pattern that makes sense. Everytime we have new power, show how an old generation would look like with the new technology. I mean, it's a logical thing to do.

It's a pattern that they can't break or they will be creatively drained. Recycled content from long ago is needed to keep something fresh for new people while saving ideas for new stuff. It's one of the many reasons why remakes exist and that they are needed in the gaming industry in general.

Yeah, we noticed that.

Yet... SM was similar to BW with it's sequels though when you think about it based on Regions, since both Unova and Alola are based on states in the US (Both have sequel/retelling pairs), whilst Kalos and Galar are both based on European countries of France and the UK (no third game but traditional remake of old Gen games).

Patterns don't really depend on what fictional region the game takes place during a generation. Sure, both Gen 5 and Gen 7 took place in an American-based region, but Let's Go style of remakes happened during Gen 7 while no remakes happened in Gen 5.

Patterns don't really depend on what fictional region the game takes place during a generation. Sure, both Gen 5 and Gen 7 took place in an American-based region, but Let's Go style of remakes happened during Gen 7 while no remakes happened in Gen 5.
that could be the exception, just like how poems sometimes go. I do not see patterns as patterns, just as rhymes in poems.

Let's say that Sinnoh remakes are next.

Would you guys rather have them release next year or have Game Freak take a gap year next year to polish them further for 2021?

It doesn’t seem particularly likely, but part of me thinks DPPt remakes would be best delayed until Generation IX. As a general rule the main series doesn't learn to use the hardware to its full potential until two generations on the same console. Generation VI was pretty visually subpar for a major 3DS title while Generation VII looked pretty good, likewise SwSh is looking somewhat underwhelming for a major Switch title.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like the RSE remakes would have been considerably better as a Generation VII release with visuals, features, and character customization options from SM (Alola and Hoenn are both lush warm islands anyway). Mantine Surf replacing some of those sea routes would have been nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom