• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Ohp, I found a different screenshot for Ralts on Famitsu- the colors are actually identical. The official site is just a shade off for some reason.

So yeah, I'm guessing red is a normal raid and yellow+glowing sprite means it's a Gigantamax pokemon. That could easily be applied to base forms, so we should be able to catch them in their base stage and evolve them into giant snowflakes.

z_5db15e787a424.jpg

Ohp, I found a different screenshot for Ralts on Famitsu- the colors are actually identical. The official site is just a shade off for some reason.

So yeah, I'm guessing red is a normal raid and yellow+glowing sprite means it's a Gigantamax pokemon. That could easily be applied to base forms, so we should be able to catch them in their base stage and evolve them into giant snowflakes.

z_5db15e787a424.jpg

View attachment 126880
But isn't the main concern that you can't catch a G-Max in it's base stage?

Also just noticed that butterfree is glowing while the other two aren't, so we might actually have a decent indicator for Gigantamax that could be applied to their base forms without having to see them in their fully evolved Gigantamax version.
Hopefully we can breed down the trait as well.

But isn't the main concern that you can't catch a G-Max in it's base stage?
Yes, which is why the color indicator would be important here- if that is applied to base stages, then we could find a Gmax-able pokemon in its base stage. We wouldn't have to catch the fully evolved one because there would be a way to tell if the base stage could or couldn't G-max. I don't think that we actually have confirmation that you can only catch Gmax pokemon fully evolved? I thought that was just the assumption based on the butterfree clip.

Megas also where said only to change form and appearence first and that was true... first... hope Gigantamax takes this route more, with type and ability changes.
...you mean when Megas were very first introduced and we weren't given any info on them at all? We already know that G-max doesn't change type or abilities.

Yes, which is why the color indicator would be important here- if that is applied to base stages, then we could find a Gmax-able pokemon in its base stage. We wouldn't have to catch the fully evolved one because there would be a way to tell if the base stage could or couldn't G-max. I don't think that we actually have confirmation that you can only catch Gmax pokemon fully evolved? I thought that was just the assumption based on the butterfree clip.
I mean the the site does say you have to catch them in raid battles, so it's kinda more than implied you have to catch the g-max themselves in the battle.

I mean the the site does say you have to catch them in raid battles, so it's kinda more than implied you have to catch the g-max themselves in the battle.
You do have to catch them in raids, but you could instead find their base forms in raids. We've seen raids for pre-evos, such as Ralts. So you wouldn't necessarily have to catch the fully evolved G-max version if you can instead find a raid for the base form with just a yellow background and glowing sprite.

You do have to catch them in raids, but you could instead find their base forms in raids. We've seen raids for pre-evos, such as Ralts. So you wouldn't necessarily have to catch the fully evolved G-max version if you can instead find a raid for the base form with just a yellow background and glowing sprite.
You also have to take note that G-max butterfree's sprite is also different from it's normal one

You also have to take note that G-max butterfree's sprite is also different from it's normal one
Okay but that doesn't really contradict what she is saying though. Oriden is saying that if there's an indicator for raid pokemon being able to gigantamax then we might find their pre-evolved forms there too, with the idea that once evolved they would be able to gigamax. Ofc this is all wishful thinking but it isn't impossible.

Yes, because the form it appears in is different? You're not facing normal butterfree so you're not getting the normal butterfree sprite. But if the yellow background is an indicator for a G-max pokemon versus a normal one, then even if caterpie doesn't have a G-max form, you could theoretically still encounter a normal caterpie sprite on a yellow background with a glow behind it and it would be able to evolve into G-Butterfree.

Okay but that doesn't really contradict what she is saying though. Oriden is saying that if there's an indicator for raid pokemon being able to gigantamax then we might find their pre-evolved forms there too, with the idea that once evolved they would be able to gigamax. Ofc this is all wishful thinking but it isn't impossible.
XD I wouldn't call it wishful thinking, but yeah.

If the early stage can be found in Raid battles with a sign indicating they can Gigantamax later on, it’d be great, but I’m personally skeptical.

Gigantamax are supposed to be hard to find. If there’s the chance of finding them also for earlier stages, it’d reduce a bit their rarity,

Granted, I don’t think the explicitely told us that we can’t find Gigantamax-able Pokémon in their earlier stages, so it’s still possible, but I don’t think it’d work that way.

I wouldn't hold my breath personally
I wouldn't just because we still have a few weeks to go and we all need oxygen a lot sooner than that. XP

But personally- I'd be more surprised if I was wrong. And disappointed in Game Freak because it would be the most sensible way to go about it, instead of just restricting it to caught final evos only. If you can only find Gmaxable final evolutions, why would anyone bother with a pre-evo raid.

Gigantamax are supposed to be hard to find. If there’s the chance of finding them also for earlier stages, it’d reduce a bit their rarity,
Not really? You can find shinies in all stages, but that doesn't make them less rare. I doubt G-max pokemon are supposed to be that hard to find.

I wouldn't just because we still have a few weeks to go and we all need oxygen a lot sooner than that. XP

But personally- I'd be more surprised if I was wrong. And disappointed in Game Freak because it would be the most sensible way to go about it, instead of just restricting it to caught final evos only. If you can only find Gmaxable final evolutions, why would anyone bother with a pre-evo raid.
Probably cause some pokemon are more rare to find or can only be found in raid battles. Plus there is the factor of hunting hidden abilities which fighting a pre evo makes things easier

Not really? You can find shinies in all stages, but that doesn't make them less rare. I doubt G-max pokemon are supposed to be that hard to find.
They did say they’re supposedly hard to find, though.

Again, I’d love to be wrong, but at the moment I lean more towards the Gigantamax being found only on the fully evolved stage.

They did say they’re supposedly hard to find, though.

Again, I’d love to be wrong, but at the moment I lean more towards the Gigantamax being found only on the fully evolved stage.
My point was that they can still be hard to find without restricting it to just the fully evolved stages, though- shinies are/were hard to find yet available in every stage. It just comes down to numbers. And given how they're promoting G-max, I do believe that they are supposed to be somewhat difficult to find but not extremely difficult, unlike how shinies were.

My point was that they can still be hard to find without restricting it to just the fully evolved stages, though- shinies are/were hard to find yet available in every stage. It just comes down to numbers. And given how they're promoting G-max, I do believe that they are supposed to be somewhat difficult to find but not extremely difficult, unlike how shinies were.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Hopefully they’d release that info before release.

Back
Top Bottom