• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, there should be no leak today and yet there should be news this Sunday. That's how it should be, but we've got used to leaks, I guess.

Technically, I think that the poster was the only thing that was actually leaked. I know that people tend to count the announcement of the new Professor and his daughter as a leak, but that isn't really the case considering that it was revealed through official sources. Hopefully there will be more information on Sunday though.

That comment about Meowth dressing up as a Sunflora...I'm sure I remember that happening once but it was it a recurring joke?

Interesting to see one of OG Rocket's traits coming back.
Meowth has often disguised himself as other Pokemon. The best gag related to this would be when someone scans the disguise and ends up getting Meowth's entry leading to some confused reactions.

Technically, I think that the poster was the only thing that was actually leaked. I know that people tend to count the announcement of the new Professor and his daughter as a leak, but that isn't really the case considering that it was revealed through official sources. Hopefully there will be more information on Sunday though.

Then maybe the official twitter accounts of PokeJP may reveal something tomorrow or this infodump about TR is the only thing for now so we'll have to wait til sunday, they promised news on the 27th.

This anime would be special since in an interview, the reason for lack of Pokemon reviewed this time around is because the number of new Pokemon in Galar is much larger than past Generations, and GF did say that they have passed the 1000 mark with new Mons, forms and Region Variants. Perhaps this is another reason to why the Dex cut.

So right now we have 809 Pokemon. And the most Pokemon for a Gen is Gen 5 with 156. So 809 + and extra 156 = 965 Pokemon. So if the number of new Pokemon is going to be much larger, then we can see them very much reaching 1000 Pokemon.

So with this new anime, we are talking about over 1000 Pokemon in compare to when it started out with 151.

Well this new info looks really good, the only part that scares me is what does she mean by "this new Pocket Monsters world"? Is that looking too much into it due to paranoia?

Really happy it looks like they are bringing back some of the fun quirks of the Trio, here's hoping for returns from bottle caps, random flashbacks of backstory/references to their pre-series lives, boss fantasies (please, please, please, please), Magikarp salesman trouble, balloon life, and many more.

I was proud of myself I was able to guess Kimawari was Sunflora without looking it up, it is the one I remember Meowth dressing as the most, but I love when he dresses as any other Pokemon.

Considering these are my favorite TR outfits of all time, this latest development makes me very happy.

Personally, I'm expecting something on Sunday. They've been pretty consistently revealing stuff the past couple of weeks. I actually didn't realize the professor and Koharu came from an official source, so I wouldn't be too concerned over the fact that nothing got leaked/revealed today. Team Rocket managed to stay a surprise last week, after all (I know there was a "leak" that they were going to be the reveal, but since there were no images, it wasn't as substantial as say the poster).

I would still love to see a trailer, but won't be surprised at this point if they save it for next week following the SM finale or the week after for the special episode. That does have me pretty curious and excited to see what they might reveal next, however. Maybe rivals? The other villain team, if there is one? A more detailed plot description? The last thing I was actually expecting was Team Rocket, so now that we have them, I'm not really sure what to expect, which makes this week a little more fun and interesting.

Okay, so last time I did this, it was a shoddy 5 minute Photoshop job and I ended up making Ash look like a murderous maniac. Let's see if I can try this again.

Some issues I've had with Ash's new design was that his facial features look too large and his hair is too short and not 'flowy' like his older designs (including BW). The next issue would be the shorts, but this is subjective and my opinion since I never liked any of his shorts design including his sleepwear. I've managed to fix those issues with a proper Photoshop session this time and hopefully he looks decent and not murderous at all. I've made the facial features smaller and more appropriate for the face size, as well as given him trousers.

Thought about changing up the hair as well to make it look like how it should be as described above, but didn't know how to go about doing it (will try to do it if someone here requests it though). Disregard this line, I included the changed hair version as well.

Hopefully the actual anime itself doesn't follow the artwork to the T and fixes these issues, with the trouser/shorts issue being solved if he has multiple outfits that he rotates between.

And here's hoping they don't do the reverse and make him look worse like SM did. SM artwork for Ash actually looks decent but the way he was drawn in the anime looked like an abomination.

Trouble I have with Meowth is how obvious his disguises are yet only a Pokedex reveals it
Think of it this way, not counting their blatantly obvious disguises (where they don't ever cover/change their face or hairstyles), their disguises from the perspective of an anime character are actually really good. It's only for us viewers that they're left somewhat obvious otherwise it would kill the fun and humor.

Last edited:
Really happy it looks like they are bringing back some of the fun quirks of the Trio, here's hoping for returns from bottle caps, random flashbacks of backstory/references to their pre-series lives, boss fantasies (please, please, please, please), Magikarp salesman trouble, balloon life, and many more.
This is the full article with additional quotes from Hayashibara, Miki and Inuyama in which the two ladies seem to be expressing a wish to re-explore their characters’ backstories. Hayashibara specifically mentions Musashi and Kojiro’s stint in the bike gang which the Love and Youth Hoso (Training Daze) tried to retcon!! (It doesn’t look like anyone has properly translated this yet.)

The other interesting thing is how freedom from the game’s plot and therefore more scope for original story telling is mentioned. Wonder what that will pan out to look like.

Last edited:
The chances of not meeting previous companions in all those regions are pretty small, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. It would be a letdown.

They do love their nostalgic Kanto so much? It can only last for so long until we get tired of it. There's more than just Kanto you know?

This anime would be special since in an interview, the reason for lack of Pokemon reviewed this time around is because the number of new Pokemon in Galar is much larger than past Generations, and GF did say that they have passed the 1000 mark with new Mons, forms and Region Variants. Perhaps this is another reason to why the Dex cut.

So right now we have 809 Pokemon. And the most Pokemon for a Gen is Gen 5 with 156. So 809 + and extra 156 = 965 Pokemon. So if the number of new Pokemon is going to be much larger, then we can see them very much reaching 1000 Pokemon.

So with this new anime, we are talking about over 1000 Pokemon in compare to when it started out with 151.
I find it doubtful that they would introduce that many new Pokemon.

They didn't say anything about the number of new Pokemon. How could you even believe that it might exceed BW's count?

They do love their nostalgic Kanto so much? It can only last for so long until we get tired of it. There's more than just Kanto you know?
You're telling the voice actors of Kanto characters they can't hope for more backstory? Not to mention that those characters did get flashbacks in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, too.

They didn't say anything about the number of new Pokemon. How could you even believe that it might exceed BW's count?

You're telling the voice actors of Kanto characters they can't hope for more backstory? Not to mention that those characters did get flashbacks in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, too.
I'm just saying that you can only do so much with Nostalgia before the novelty begins to wear off. Perhaps with Kanto we could fix certain things, along with the other Regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom