• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I don't think the subs are even out so most have yet too watch unless the know Japanese
I don't know Japanese myself outside of a few words that I picked up from years of watching anime, but if you paid attention to that entire segment with Olivia and later Ash at night, it kind of becomes obvious that Ash decides to travel the world because of Olivia's advice.
It would've been better if they didn't make Gen 8 tbh, and instead just have the 7 Regions. Have Gou with an Eevee and the girl with a Growlithe and just call it a day. Just promote remakes and not have a new one until they've come to the right time.

I just feel like Galar is being left out here. And I've been concern since Masters since they've been hyping that more than SwSh where they hardly got anything? My hopes for a British based Region, and what they just did was stuck a knife through it's back and aborted it before it even had a chance to shine.

I understand why they're doing this. What's Ash to do now that he's Champion of Alola, even though he said being Champion was one step from him becoming Pokemon Master. I wanted to get back to Pokemon, ever since DP. But now I'm beginning to see why I've jumped ship during DP, and the reason was because of the money, and how much they care about that more than what they love to create.

Sorry for having a love-hate relationship, I am trying to love it, but all these radical changes is something I cannot cope and grasp here.
This is some serious negativity right here. We don't even know much about the series (except that it'll be a continuation, thanks to today's episode) yet you're derailing with such a lengthy self-victimized rant with made-up stuff about what you assume the next series will be. Stop, you're just flooding the thread.

Last edited:
I'd be really interested to know where @abcboy got that screenshot for the first new series episode from.
The press release clarifies that the special will be summarizing Ash and Pikachu's encounters so far with a "special video" (i.e. a clip show) in addition to the info on the new series. Marie Iitoyo will be voicing Kangaskhan's baby in the first episode of the series, who "holds the key" to the first episode.
sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

Wow, are we thinking that really could be Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu??? I can't believe that isn't what people are talking about, that's a huge, huge, huge deal! Like groundbreaking, game changing, massive, amazing! Sign me up for that!! For all the backstories we have gotten, this would be a really big deal, the most important Pokemon in the history of the show, who obviously had some sort of past, wow that is really, really exciting! Hopefully they do a good job with it and don't oversimplify, and hopefully it isn't just some other Pichu, because that would be disappointing.

So Ash's new goal is traveling? We already had a protag who loved traveling (May), I'd rather they used her. I'll be interested to see what type of stuff they show in the clip show, because I think that will give us our best idea of how continuity heavy the series will be. If its mostly just Ash's accomplishments, then I still don't assume we will see old characters much. I sure hope we see old characters, but I'm still not expecting it.

I was literally the first to point it out. It was discussed a bit a few pages back.
You people and needing to give yourself credit for pointless things....I don't think I'll ever understand. I saw your post, my expression of surprise is based on the fact that we have 4 pages of nonsense here since last night, with very little discussion regarding something that comes off to me as an enormous deal, or at least the potential to be an enormous deal. 3 people having a sentence about it is surprisingly light to me considering how big of a deal it could be.

There, much better after a cup of tea and a talk with family, but after some thinking I should’ve realized from the beginning to not get too much hope and expectations for what is to come (especially after 10 years). It is a huge company who hardly listen to people (mainly the Japanese). So sorry if i’d put too much over this. I thought I was prepared, but never for so much! At least the negativity has given me more fuel ideas for the true villain to the Fanzine i’m Working on. Already up to Page 60 and probably nearly 2/3 done. After 15th, i’ll Try to release as much as possible (depending on my brother).

If the Pichu scene is Our Boy's backstory it will be interesting to see if they explain why he hates pokéballs.

It's actually a bit strange how little we know about the secondary protagonist. Several of Ash's other Pokémon had more detailed backstories, even in minor ways like "Tailow was part of a group of troublesome Tailow".

Do you want it to be some special powered pichu? Because it comes off like that...
No I mean I want it to be Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu, and not just a random Pichu. Since I'm super hyped about the potential of a backstory for Ash's Pikachu, a random Pichu would be disappointing (not that I would blame them, since they didn't say anything, just really hope that's what it is).

I was thinking about it being a retcon type issue, but I actually am not worried about that, at this point its just looking different when young (ie. small Pikachu like in the Pikachu's forest vs being an actual Pichu), and since we never had flashbacks before, it really is a non-issue.

Last edited:
It certainly would be interesting if they want to explore Pikachu's backstory after all this time. I didn't think of that when I first saw those images, but that would explain why they'd want to showcase a Pichu as part of the first images from the new series. I never really had much of a desire to learn about Pikachu's past prior to meeting Ash, but I'm not against the idea. It sounds like it could be potentially interesting.

I'm also glad that the reboot theory can be taken off the table. I didn't think that the chances of them going in that direction were that high in the first place, but if Ash gets inspired to travel to different regions due to Olivia, then I think that pretty much debunks that theory.

I can always count on coming in here every Sunday afternoon to some totally unfounded negativity.

Anyway, at this point, I was expecting them to hold out until much closer to the series' premiere. If they really wanted to show a trailer or more information, they would've done so already. It's become pretty clear over the past few weeks that they wanted to play this one closer to the vest. Obviously I want to know more about the series, but at least we kind of know when to expect it. Plus, the fact that we now know this is not a reboot makes it much easier for me to wait. My biggest fear/concern was a reboot scenario. Since that's been officially debunked, I don't really have anymore trepidation in waiting and, if anything, I'm just excited now.

I also never considered that could be a depiction of Pikachu's past. I just got super excited when I saw Pichu because it's my favorite Pokemon! So I'm happy either way because I get an episode with my sweet baby mouse :love:

This gen I found the anime really well written and well animated, so I feel like the 145 episodes we have got are barely enough. When the region is good less than 100 episodes are a waste and something like Galar could have easily had 200 episodes considering that in the UK there are three countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom