• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gen I found the anime really well written and well animated, so I feel like the 145 episodes we have got are barely enough. When the region is good less than 100 episodes are a waste and something like Galar could have easily had 200 episodes considering that in the UK there are three countries.
Or from what is observed, including the starting town being based on Windermere, just one (two of you count Snowdonia mountains). Boy this would infuriate the scots.

No I mean I want it to be Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu, and not just a random Pichu. Since I'm super hyped about the potential of a backstory for Ash's Pikachu, a random Pichu would be disappointing (not that I would blame them, since they didn't say anything, just really hope that's what it is).
Oh, I understand and agree! A comprehension mistake on my part, I thought that you wanted (Ash’s) Pichu to be not like others and some special being.

Changing the subject slightly to the dubbed version, I'm really excited to see the dub, no doubt Lisa Ortiz and her team will do a great job

If they keep up the pattern, the Sun and Moon series will come to an end around Mid March with the new series starting near the end at 1 episode a week so there shouldn't be too long a gap

Watching season 1 in 2019 is so weird. Most of the time they are just standing stiff. Not saying OG Pokemon is bag but seeing it now is kinda cringe. I'm hoping the new series focuses less on the games and more on it's own lore and world building using the games as a source but not a carbon copy. This is why I am all for anime doing things different than the manga

Watching season 1 in 2019 is so weird. Most of the time they are just standing stiff. Not saying OG Pokemon is bag but seeing it now is kinda cringe. I'm hoping the new series focuses less on the games and more on it's own lore and world building using the games as a source but not a carbon copy. This is why I am all for anime doing things different than the manga

It certainly had its flaws, Electric types moves defeating/hurting Ground types, not working against Rock types

I really hope we get an episode (or special) showing Sophocles and his family in Mossdeep and Lana working with her dad exploring the ocean

However there are some that might not like the changes that might have to get used to it. I firmly believe that this new series is to promote the franchise as a whole, and not just the games since Go is making a tonne of money nonstop.

That was what it used to be clearly they want to move away from that and explore more of the lore and other things. Not sure why the adults fans are being so hard headed but the fans under 17 and totally chill with the direction the series is going

Yea I agree completely. Galar doesn't need three years of anime to get good promotion. I often feel like the novelty of the new region wears out after a year tbh. I mean I still want Ash to do the badge quest and I still think he will do it but he doesn't need to spend three years doing it.

Changing the subject slightly to the dubbed version, I'm really excited to see the dub, no doubt Lisa Ortiz and her team will do a great job

If they keep up the pattern, the Sun and Moon series will come to an end around Mid March with the new series starting near the end at 1 episode a week so there shouldn't be too long a gap

We might get a sneak peek of the dub later this year. They did the same thing for XY and SM with airing the first episode or two just a few weeks after they premiered in Japan.

Recently a multitude of different question sprung up to me:
  1. IF they bring back old characters from the Anime, will they bring them back in their inherent Region or will they appear in the region they went for at the end of the other sagas/series/seasons/arc, take your pick
  2. What exactly is thought of as a "disappointing change" for the fans from the producers viewer angle? (Maybe that Ash won't battle in Gyms/Trials/League or whatever for many Episodes because, you know, he already did it everywhere but Galar. Or that he just doesn't get as much focus for a while.)
  3. Why exactly do they need more writers for the show (the Anime wasn't exactly known for a long and complicated plot if you ask me) unless the old ones were laid off/substituted? I mean we don't necessarily get told if a couple of "nameless" writers were let go? With 9 (including Orange Isle arc and tell me if by accident I forgot another main region of the show and main games if I'm off in numbers) Regions and a lot of characters there is, maybe an even too big base for story to go through.
  4. A certain Pokemon of his past? Maybe Ho-oh? If so, would it remind him: "HEY. YOU. REMEMBER! You may have won the Alola league but it was just created as you were there and you hadn't even gone through a big preliminary and most of it didn't even have full 6 vs. 6 battles ANDyou also have like 6 other leagues you participated in already and lost or at least didn't make place 1. There were also many other Pokémon you befriended on the way. How about seeing if you now would be able win those leagues to see if you really have grown?"
  5. Will Pocket Monsters 2019 bring back contest? I really miss them just because it's a bit different from just battleing and I like a little diversity as well.
Also, I'm almost twice as old as 17 and I am open to the new series, which I don't plan on judging without having seen a chunk of it. Although, admittedly I'm a bit skeptical but skepticism is just part of my nature.
@everyone fearing Galar sinking under the radar of Pocket Monsters 2019 and especially @gardenia. To ease your worries, maybe Galar will get more focus later on. It may make sense to advertise it a lot now but it also makes a lot of sense to focus on more advertisement for it in 1 or 2 years when the initial hype for the new console games and the according region (and maybe the dissapointed fans have cooled down a bit) starts to vane to re-ignite the interest in it. You don't know how it fits in Nintendos/The Pokémon Company Internationals business plan. Also, there is a chance of a US/UM situation with Sword and Shield, especially since you all heard about the shitstorm of what is or isn't in Sword and Shield.
ALSO, I can't believe I never cared too much about Pikachu's backstory until it was pointed out here and now I WANT IT, BADLY! It's a great start for a new series, reboot or not (I'm not throwing it out of the window just yet because they still could make it so it would be a reboot or half reboot, half continuation, we just have not enough material here yet to really tell IMHO) and especially IF they finally decided to make the Anime more of it's own in itself closed universe with it's own lore (based on game ideas) and characters and go on from that (maybe even allow Ash to get older) BUT I won't get over-hyped yet or it might only end in disappointment. But I am curious enough to look forward to whatever they will serve in the end.

Now, have a nice day and see you around.

Last edited:
Watching season 1 in 2019 is so weird. Most of the time they are just standing stiff. Not saying OG Pokemon is bag but seeing it now is kinda cringe.
Try episodes that were storyboarded by Yuji Asada. Those have animation directors Akihiro Tamagawa and Masaaki Iwane under them and all three contributed the most expressive and snappy OS material.

Try episodes that were storyboarded by Yuji Asada. Those have animation directors Akihiro Tamagawa and Masaaki Iwane under them and all three contributed the most expressive and snappy OS material.
I mean I am comparing animation from what 97 to animation with new a format in 2019 so I guess that matters. Someone did mention to me recently that after Unova the anime became the same level as the movies so maybe I am spoiled from that

Yea I agree completely. Galar doesn't need three years of anime to get good promotion. I often feel like the novelty of the new region wears out after a year tbh. I mean I still want Ash to do the badge quest and I still think he will do it but he doesn't need to spend three years doing it.

Ash doesn't need to do the badge quest and there's not gonna be time for him to do it anyway without it feeling rushed. It'd basically be back to back gym battles with no journey to back them up or give them context.

A regional champion doesn't need to challenge gyms anymore.

Ash doesn't need to do the badge quest and there's not gonna be time for him to do it anyway without it feeling rushed. It'd basically be back to back gym battles with no journey to back them up or give them context.

A regional champion doesn't need to challenge gyms anymore.

There is literally no basis to any part of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom