• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Division Mafia - Endgame: Ceasefire in Manhatten (Tie with Town, Mafia and ITP Usuper!)

Host Thoughts of this Game:

First off, I want to congratulate everyone on this game. I think everyone has done a reasonable job with this game and honestly, I did not expect this game to go the way it did at all. This game has featured many twists and turns that I did not expect. Extra props to mafia for using their mafia powers well and Jinjo for playing her role well. Want to stand out Mido for good usage of the OC and ExLight for faking the OC chat with Todd.

Second, for those who subbed in, thank you so much! Honestly, I did not expect that I had to sub in this many people in this game but it did. Honestly, I felt I should have handled the subbing situation better than I did. I don't like subbing people out as I assume they are busy. In the future, I should have a solid subbing policy that is set in stone in the rules.

Third, I want to thank my MoD @Crystal Onix for his advice and input on what to do. He also pointed out issues with the game that I have not considered and lead me to a thought process that was quite reasonable for the game.

Set Up Thoughts

So originally, the set up of the game was to be a lot larger. The roles that were cut out were the following:
  1. An extra ITP Hunter so the Hunter faction would be the fourth faction in this game that shares the same strongman faction kill. They would share the bulletproof with upon the use of the bulletproof, their role PM would be revealed without the names that would warn about the fourth faction.
  2. A town-aligned tracker. In hindsight, that probably should have been a role in this game.
  3. Another mafia player - 2x role stealer. Basically this mafia member would target one player and on the following night, the target would not be able to use their role for the next night. In addition, that mafia player would be able to use that role as if it was their own. If the target had a limited shot role, mafia would steal that shot. If the target has more than one role, they would get a random role from that player and that player can't choose that role for the following night.
  4. A town spy in this game, where they would have gotten all the OC except for the Masons, Hunter and Mafia factions for the day and night phases. They would not know who were involved in OCs but would otherwise get the raw text of the OCs.
As for the bastard elements, I think it's quite obvious which one was the bastard roles:
  1. The ITP Mafia Usurper role was obviously pretty bastard of me. Honestly, I had quite debates whether or not to include that role or not. In the end, I decided to keep it under the condition that I gave the actual Mafia team pretty strong roles.
    • That being said, I actually did not give the roles for mafia chat. Mafia had to claim their roles in the thread and if they were right, I would perform the actions.
    • I actually did consider this role unlimited mafia kill overwriting powers after Night 6. At the time, I thought this would make the role very OP. In hindsight, it wouldn't have made this role much more powerful. The intention was to whoever had this role to perhaps do some bussing with mafia since mafia had powerful roles.
  2. The Hunter Faction is actually more powerful version of Serial Killers. Sadly, this role didn't live up to its potential as it was lynched on Day 1. Ah well, that's the nature of the game.
  3. Normally, the miller role would just be as it is. From experience, that role is no fun to play so I decided to add 1x investigation roles. I'm actually quite happy with that.
  4. The unlimited shot vig role was actually meant to counter the ITPs in this game.
  5. I think one of the other bastard roles I have was the OC disabler and the Result scrambler role. Okay, I'll admit, the Result Scrambler was meant for my own amusement to read in OC. As for the OC disabler, in hindsight, given how many players in this game, it was too powerful. It probably should have lasted for two phases instead of four.
Overall, while the game is bastard, I think the game is reasonably balanced like I said I would setup to do. And like I said earlier, I think people have done a pretty good job using their roles effectively.

Misteaks Eye Maid

Alright, let's just go on to the mistakes I made since I am right 90 percent of the time. Here are the other 12 percent I made;:

The rules originally said the following:

3. There is no name-claiming or quoting/screenshots from PMs.

As I made corrections twice in the game, the rule was intended to apply to role PMs. I did not anyone to quote large portions of the role PM they got from me. This caused a lot of confusion with regard to OC. After a couple of corrections, people did seem to get that memo.

As for the LYLO and MYLO confusion, this is mainly my fault. Basically, since Jinjo would have counted for parity purposes, I mistakenly called it a LYLO. However, Jinjo had the abilitu to kill one of her teammates so that had to go through. Hence it should have been a MYLO.

Overall, I try my best to try to keep the game line with normal TWR standards but I also like to deviate from it to experiment and to do some things expected. But the number one goal for me is to make games enjoyable. Hopefully I did that.

I want to reiterate that I had a great time with this game and the players did a good job playing this game. The game went in directions that I never expected or could even imagine. And I also learned a fair bit of hosting my own game. I am satisified with the hosting of the game and that I did break the mold of a typical TWR game.

I think that's all I have for host thoughts. Anyways, here's the usual postgame survey that you get for every mafia game.

Did you enjoy the game? What are the aspects of the game you enjoyed or not enjoyed?

If you were the host of this game, what would you change about this game?

Would you like to see another Piko hosted game? Should Piko make it more bastard? Less? About the same?

I actually liked my role and I had fun playing it. I had to look up independent roles and it turns out my role is called a Double Agent. My goal was to pretty much get on mafia's good side in the beginning and by the time we got to LyLo, I had to start bussing mafia and help town so that I could try to be the last one standing. Adding an SK and unlimited shot Vigilante looks really hard for a Double Agent to survive in the game and pretty much I focused too much on the players who could kill and that was the reason why I wanted Tood dead so badly. I can't believe Mido believed ExLight's Survivor Universal Backup claim LOL. I had to kill ExLight on N5 to prove he was not a Survivor and mafia would have won if I didn't kill him.

This game was fun, despite me doing nothing. I should have done more, but I think I'll wait for the mentor game or another <10 player game before I participate in one of these again. Just so I might feel a bit more confident in playing and sharing my thoughts next time.

I think I was honestly way too paranoid to use my role effectively and got spooked by the whole possibly killing myself thing that it came with. I think if I had just shot CCK/ExLight or Zinn, this game might have ended in town's (or Jinjo's?) favor, and not the way it did. Honestly, when CCK just outed himself as a strongman, I thought I was being baited into getting redirected or something. Should have probably just gone with the simplest explanation that he just didn't know what he was doing. not like I did either In the end, I got a pretty good role and wasted it because of me being a coward.

But I enjoyed it anyway and I did not expect the game to end as it did. I didn't even know a tie was a thing that could happen.

Want to stand out Mido for good usage of the OC and ExLight for faking the OC chat with Todd.
Did you mean the OC with CCK and Zinn? Because the OC ExLight posted between CCK and me was actually real, unless Ex edited some minor detail I missed.

This game was fun, despite me doing nothing. I should have done more, but I think I'll wait for the mentor game or another <10 player game before I participate in one of these again. Just so I might feel a bit more confident in playing and sharing my thoughts next time.

I think I was honestly way too paranoid to use my role effectively and got spooked by the whole possibly killing myself thing that it came with. I think if I had just shot CCK/ExLight or Zinn, this game might have ended in town's (or Jinjo's?) favor, and not the way it did. Honestly, when CCK just outed himself as a strongman, I thought I was being baited into getting redirected or something. Should have probably just gone with the simplest explanation that he just didn't know what he was doing. not like I did either In the end, I got a pretty good role and wasted it because of me being a coward.

But I enjoyed it anyway and I did not expect the game to end as it did. I didn't even know a tie was a thing that could happen.

Did you mean the OC with CCK and Zinn? Because the OC ExLight posted between CCK and me was actually real, unless Ex edited some minor detail I missed.
You used your role pretty well, don't beat yourself over it lmao.
Well, at least personally I feel like it's better to play safe and never use it than risk two extra deaths.

And yea, he prolly meant me and Zinn. Your OC was real, lmao.
Fun fact but I kinda franksteined stuff to make the fake OC by using other OCs that Zinn had in other games so I could try to somewhat make it coherent with his speech pattern thingies.

Mafia did an amazing job. Outside of Jinjo early game (which she had an excuse for) you guys were active in thread and you controlled the game. Even in end game it was you guys that were the active players, Jinjo included. And good job Jinjo. You played it well.

Town only survived out of luck I think. Other than me and Mega, we had too many inactive townies and man did that hurt communication.

Though we started slightly improving towards the end.

The game truly could have gone either way. I think if the mylo lylo confusion wasn’t there then town would have won since there was activity finally towards the end.

Well, this was a very interesting game indeed...congratulations to everybody, I guess? Except maybe DarthWolf 1.0 :p A tie with the Mafia, Town, and ITP is new to me!

However, I sorta checked out after my death in this game since irl stuff kept me pretty busy. Did the whole watcher result confusion get resolved? I sketched up a li’l diagram of my thoughts trying to sort out Mido’s results from that one night, and I thought anyone who hasn’t seen it yet should behold it in all its insane glory. :v

Well, this was a very interesting game indeed...congratulations to everybody, I guess? Except maybe DarthWolf 1.0 :p A tie with the Mafia, Town, and ITP is new to me!

However, I sorta checked out after my death in this game since irl stuff kept me pretty busy. Did the whole watcher result confusion get resolved? I sketched up a li’l diagram of my thoughts trying to sort out Mido’s results from that one night, and I thought anyone who hasn’t seen it yet should behold it in all its insane glory. :v

It turned out that Zinn used one of their abilities and it gave me fake results. Ironically Pikos typo that night was more accurate than the non typo lol.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I did not expect such a positive reaction and feedback from everyone from this game.

I had a great time hosting this game and coming up with these roles. It was way more fun than I expected and it reminds me that I shouldn't be afraid to take risks to innovate. I'll have to host another game in the future for sure. :)

Back
Top Bottom