• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Gardenia's ingame comment is more in line with what you think than foreshadowing. Aside from Mow Rotom, we only got a Grass/Ghost Pkmn in Kalos with the Pumpkaboo and Phantump lines, which are two generations after that reference.

Mow Rotom isn't Grass/Ghost, it's Electric/Grass. Pumpkaboo and Phantump were the first Grass/Ghost types.

You may have not notice thia, but just as Diantha has some similar features to Steven Stone, Leon also has some similar features to Cynthia, from his undefeated streak to his black with gold stripe attire. Perhaps they’re connected? StevenxDiantha and CynthiaxLeon.

Imagine comparing a big time loser like Leon to a being of perfection like Cynthia.

Big yikes.

Imagine comparing a big time loser like Leon to a being of perfection like Cynthia.

Big yikes.
we don't know that about Leon, nor Chairman Rose, Orleana or Bede. All we know from the Ben Affleck Leak is that there may not be any evil villain aside from Team Yell. Instead would be Eternatus, which will most likely be a change from the original formula. Besides, the main theme for SwSh is no longer focusing on the Legendaries but instead the Pokemon League as a whole.

Last edited:
we don't know that about Leon, nor Chairman Rose, Orleana or Bede. All we know from the Ben Affleck Leak is that there may not be any evil villain aside from Team Yell. Instead would be Eternatus, which will most likely be a change from the original formula. Besides, the main theme for SwSh is no longer focusing on the Legendaries but instead the Pokemon League as a whole.

Just take a look at the closet disaster that is Leon's outfit and Rose being a shady man in an evironment focused on battling and you know enough really.

Leon also has some similar features to Cynthia, from his undefeated streak to his black with gold stripe attire. Perhaps they’re connected?

They don't look similar at all in my opinion. I don't think they're connected.
Sword_Shield_Leon.png
Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia.png

They don't look similar at all in my opinion. I don't think they're connected.
Sword_Shield_Leon.png
Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia.png
Notice what I said above...

1. Undefeated Streak
  2. 50% of his clothing is black with gold stripes, just like Cynthia's Umbreon Lucario hair ornaments and shoes.
Plus, Leon is the one that gave the main characters the starters. May look suspicious to some, but you don't know that until you played the full game. He might not be a villain, nor Rose who introduced to us the World of Pokemon at the beginning, as sourced by reviewers that had already played the first part of it. Normally villains are kept in the dark until the full climax at the end. GF clearly stated in an interview that they wanted Leon to be this idol, an ultimate Pokemon Champion that the player looks up to and have hope and dreams of becoming. And since this game will be sports themed, that's why they decided to show off the Champion early this time.

I for one see him more like Professor Kukui than a villain, and I also see some connection between Leon and Cynthia, especially with there being the possibility of a Gen 4 Remake coming out next year.

This all comes down to fans begging for an evil Champion for so long, when we might not have something like that. The Dexit cut was something that took us all off guard, along with the fact we hardly got anything throughout this year leading up to the game's release. The evil villain this time according to the Ben Affleck leak could be a Legendary Pokemon called Eternatus.

Last edited:
Notice what I said above...
  1. Undefeated Streak
  2. 50% of his clothing is black with gold stripes, just like Cynthia's Umbreon Lucario hair ornaments and shoes.
I think you're reaching a bit too far with this. Gold is a color that generally represents power, luxury and fortune, which doesn't make it unusual for a champion to have as part of their design. The gold in Cynthia's shoes and hairpins are barely visible anyway. If they wanted to reference Cynthia or future gen 4 remakes, why not make a more direct reference other than to some minor clothing detail? Like I'd expect them to just put Cynthia in the game or have Leon/someone else mention her, not do some vague thing like this.

Leon's black clothes hinting at Cynthia also seems like a massive stretch too, considering he's not even wearing full black, is covered in logos and doesn't even have the same elegant style as she does. The undefeated streak isn't unusual for champions amd other strong trainers either, and I'm sure there have been a few more characters who have that characteristic as well.

You might as well claim Nessa is connected to the gen 3 remakes and Team Aqua because she has blue streaks in her hair and likes Water-types, just like Shelly did in ORAS.

I think you're reaching a bit too far with this. Gold is a color that generally represents power, luxury and fortune, which doesn't make it unusual for a champion to have as part of their design. The gold in Cynthia's shoes and hairpins are barely visible anyway. If they wanted to reference Cynthia or future gen 4 remakes, why not make a more direct reference other than to some minor clothing detail? Like I'd expect them to just put Cynthia in the game or have Leon/someone else mention her, not do some vague thing like this.

Leon's black clothes hinting at Cynthia also seems like a massive stretch too, considering he's not even wearing full black, is covered in logos and doesn't even have the same elegant style as she does. The undefeated streak isn't unusual for champions amd other strong trainers either, and I'm sure there have been a few more characters who have that characteristic as well.

You might as well claim Nessa is connected to the gen 3 remakes and Team Aqua because she has blue streaks in her hair and likes Water-types, just like Shelly did in ORAS.
I'm just saying that Leon's black and gold resembles Cynthia's somewhat. Gen 4 will likely come out next year due to what Pokeshopper has reported on there being a lot of Sinnoh merchandising scheduled to be released for 2020.

I am also hoping that Cynthia will be in SwSh, because it would be a terribly missed opportunity if they don't.

1. Undefeated Streak

1. Has it ever been stated that Cynthia is undefeated?
  2. It's not uncommon for GameFreak to repeat colors in the designs of significant trainers. Skyla and Falkner are both Flying type gym leaders with blue outfits, for example, yet they don't have similar designs and lack any connection to each other outside of the type they specialize in.

VSFalkner.png
VSSkyla.png

1. Has it ever been stated that Cynthia is undefeated?
  2. It's not uncommon for GameFreak to repeat colors in the designs of significant trainers. Skyla and Falkner are both Flying type gym leaders with blue outfits, for example, yet they don't have similar designs and lack any connection to each other outside of the type they specialize in.
VSFalkner.png
VSSkyla.png
1. It was stated that she had been the undefeated Champion for 10 years within the game or manual for Diamond and Pearl.
2: It's the specific pattern design in their clothing that I was pointing towards. Not just the color. Sure, Pokemon is known to recycle characters. And it does make a nice subtle reference.

1. It was stated that she had been the undefeated Champion for 10 years within the game or manual for Diamond and Pearl.
2: It's the specific pattern design in their clothing that I was pointing towards. Not just the color.

1. I wouldn't put much stock in game manuals.
  2. What specific design? Gold lines? That's still a pretty far stretch. Both Nessa and ORAS Shelly have blue streaks in their hair, but that doesn't mean they have a connection.

1. I wouldn't put much stock in game manuals.
  2. What specific design? Gold lines? That's still a pretty far stretch. Both Nessa and ORAS Shelly have blue streaks in their hair, but that doesn't mean they have a connection.
just subtle things that make people remember someone in the series.

I don’t think Type Null/Silvally should necessarily be in the game now that I give it more thought. Not only would being in the same game as Arceus make it effectively a consolation prize, but it would clash with Type Null’s established backstory since Gladion wouldn't be around to evolve and name it.

Continuity in the main series is pretty flimsy and it’s been explicitly stated that there isn’t any one particular timeline, but I think the events of DPPt would have taken place before Type Null was created anyways. Which would make this a good opportunity to show the Ether Foundation‘s research trip to Sinnoh suggested in SM.

Or I guess they could retcon Type Null into being a creation of Team Galactic and change it’s evolution name to Type Full, but I doubt that would happen.

As for why Generation VII had a legendary based on a Generation IV one of all things, in the first place? I think it’s most likely another one of SM’s many allusions to alchemy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSGN-REYj8&list=PLp67IGu5BvKWJ9KTd-xlnH24FUmUSgTVL&index=7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom