• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Type: Null is based on Arceus, maybe it could tie in with an Arceus subplot in a gen 4 remake.

At the very least, I'm expecting to see Lusamine/Faba/Wicke/Mohn(?) or whoever else included as some reference to the events of gen 7. If they bothered to mention the Aether foundation's research trip to Sinnoh in the first place, it would be wasted potential to not include them in the remake.

If Type: Null is based on Arceus, maybe it could tie in with an Arceus subplot in a gen 4 remake.

At the very least, I'm expecting to see Lusamine/Faba/Wicke/Mohn(?) or whoever else included as some reference to the events of gen 7. If they bothered to mention the Aether foundation's research trip to Sinnoh in the first place, it would be wasted potential to not include them in the remake.
GF is a business. Nowadays they would care less about continuity very much. Not like Gen 5 which was pretty much the last.

GF is a business. Nowadays they would care less about continuity very much. Not like Gen 5 which was pretty much the last.

I don't really see how being a business correlates to not caring about continuity. Not everything GameFreak does or does not do is because it's a greedy, soulless corporation that only cares about money.

At any rate, I'd say GameFreak still cares about continuity to an extent, if not the same as before. They've at least tried to show that there are different universes and attempted to settle the timeline(s), no?

I don't really see how being a business correlates to not caring about continuity. Not everything GameFreak does or does not do is because it's a greedy, soulless corporation that only cares about money.

At any rate, I'd say GameFreak still cares about continuity to an extent, if not the same as before. They've at least tried to show that there are different universes and attempted to settle the timeline(s), no?
I'm not saying that they're greedy. I don't know them first-hand. After cooling down for all day, I've started to think properly and calmly.

I just hope they can at least (if in connection to Gen 4 Remake) have Cynthia's house as mentioned in Platinum, located somewhere in the Galar Region. Possibly in the London City.

Type Null’s context is so connected to Gladion and the events of SM that I can’t really see what story it could have outside of SM besides a retcon. The only time Type Null‘s backstory connects to Arceus is when the idea for it was conceived, which was before Type Null was created in the first place.

I think if anyone from Ether is to show up, it’s Faba (the log in Ether Paradise labs mentioning Sinnoh was his after all) and the masked scientists since they’re the ones who conduct research. I can’t see Lusamine or Wicke leaving their base behind since they’re not the researchers, and Mohn wouldn’t be around since Ether’s Beast Killer project didn’t start until he disappeared and Lusamine went insane.

As I said before the continuity in the main series is rather flimsy, but I think that generally it’s assumed that DPPt takes place a handful of years before SM. Caitlyn debuts in Platinum, appears a bit older in BW. Grimsley debuts in BW, appears a bit older in SM (that or he’s just very washed up). For what it‘s worth, Gladion rescued his Type Null two years before the events of SM.

Bulbapedia says Generation IV takes place alongside II and several years before VII, but anything’s possible I guess since it’s been confirmed there’s no one set timeline.

Type Null’s context is so connected to Gladion and the events of SM that I can’t really see what story it could have outside of SM besides a retcon. The only time Type Null‘s backstory connects to Arceus is when the idea for it was conceived, which was before Type Null was created in the first place.

I think if anyone from Ether is to show up, it’s Faba (the log in Ether Paradise labs mentioning Sinnoh was his after all) and the masked scientists since they’re the ones who conduct research. I can’t see Lusamine or Wicke leaving their base behind since they’re not the researchers, and Mohn wouldn’t be around since Ether’s Beast Killer project didn’t start until he disappeared and Lusamine went insane.

As I said before the continuity in the main series is rather flimsy, but I think that generally it’s assumed that DPPt takes place a handful of years before SM. Caitlyn debuts in Platinum, appears a bit older in BW. Grimsley debuts in BW, appears a bit older in SM (that or he’s just very washed up). For what it‘s worth, Gladion rescued his Type Null two years before the events of SM.

Bulbapedia says Generation IV takes place alongside II and several years before VII, but anything’s possible I guess since it’s been confirmed there’s no one set timeline.

Didn't SM take place two years after B2W2 according to that model sheet?

I don’t think Type Null/Silvally should necessarily be in the game now that I give it more thought. Not only would being in the same game as Arceus make it effectively a consolation prize, but it would clash with Type Null’s established backstory since Gladion wouldn't be around to evolve and name it.

Continuity in the main series is pretty flimsy and it’s been explicitly stated that there isn’t any one particular timeline, but I think the events of DPPt would have taken place before Type Null was created anyways. Which would make this a good opportunity to show the Ether Foundation‘s research trip to Sinnoh suggested in SM.

Or I guess they could retcon Type Null into being a creation of Team Galactic and change it’s evolution name to Type Full, but I doubt that would happen.

As for why Generation VII had a legendary based on a Generation IV one of all things, in the first place? I think it’s most likely another one of SM’s many allusions to alchemy.
Gen. IV remake doesn't need any kind of worries from Alola, be it from Alolan Pkmn or story! Arceus should have the spotlight and increased status or a new form to truly make him the PokeGod it is in myhtology! The way it was imply shoved as an event Pkmn, with the Azure flute scrapped is simply a crime! Team Galactic should had Arceus-inspired outfits, instead of being Team Rocket in Space.
USUM had the opportunity to give us more lore and details about the Aether Foundation and instead it was just an improved version with slight changes to SM, so GF should leave it behind. I think that ASOR didn't had the need to make references to XY, namely with that tree in Sootopolis and Infinite Energy references, so Sinnoh doesn't need to be "haunted" by Alola. Just focus on the characters that we got from DPPt, develop them as well as the magnificent lore that may be created/expanded for the legendaries, with side-quests.

Gen. IV remake doesn't need any kind of worries from Alola, be it from Alolan Pkmn or story! Arceus should have the spotlight and increased status or a new form to truly make him the PokeGod it is in myhtology! The way it was imply shoved as an event Pkmn, with the Azure flute scrapped is simply a crime! Team Galactic should had Arceus-inspired outfits, instead of being Team Rocket in Space.
USUM had the opportunity to give us more lore and details about the Aether Foundation and instead it was just an improved version with slight changes to SM, so GF should leave it behind. I think that ASOR didn't had the need to make references to XY, namely with that tree in Sootopolis and Infinite Energy references, so Sinnoh doesn't need to be "haunted" by Alola. Just focus on the characters that we got from DPPt, develop them as well as the magnificent lore that may be created/expanded for the legendaries, with side-quests.
I do agree that they need to focus more on Sinnoh, but including Faba or whoever somewhere and having him mention his research on Type: Null or something doesn't need to take up a whole chunk of the post-game. Just a small continuity nod or cameo could be included if GF chooses for it to happen. Nothing would disrupt anything of the main plot or post-game. Besides, Sinnoh will probably get "haunted" by Galar and Dynamax anyway if it had to be anything.

As an aside, I wouldn't say Team Galactic is Team Rocket in space, either. At least not to me. Team Rocket was mostly just thugs, while Team Galactic wanted to create a whole new universe. I don't think there's much resemblance between the two aside from being evil teams with space-themed names.

I don’t think Type Null/Silvally should necessarily be in the game now that I give it more thought. Not only would being in the same game as Arceus make it effectively a consolation prize, but it would clash with Type Null’s established backstory since Gladion wouldn't be around to evolve and name it.

Continuity in the main series is pretty flimsy and it’s been explicitly stated that there isn’t any one particular timeline, but I think the events of DPPt would have taken place before Type Null was created anyways. Which would make this a good opportunity to show the Ether Foundation‘s research trip to Sinnoh suggested in SM.

Or I guess they could retcon Type Null into being a creation of Team Galactic and change it’s evolution name to Type Full, but I doubt that would happen.

As for why Generation VII had a legendary based on a Generation IV one of all things, in the first place? I think it’s most likely another one of SM’s many allusions to alchemy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSGN-REYj8&list=PLp67IGu5BvKWJ9KTd-xlnH24FUmUSgTVL&index=7

One Type: Null has already been said to be in Sinnoh, so it'll probably be in the remakes unless they decide to shit all over their own stuff.

EDIT: Actually, I remembered wrong. But the way it's based upon Arceus and all that, it would make 0 sense to not have Type: Null and Silvally in Gen 4 remakes.

Especially since well, he's made to combat the Ultra Beasts. Which come from wormholes.

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina also dimension hop so they can easily pull a Type: Null/Silvally sub-plot with that. (Especially if they also decide to introduce new Ultra Beasts.)

I do agree that they need to focus more on Sinnoh, but including Faba or whoever somewhere and having him mention his research on Type: Null or something doesn't need to take up a whole chunk of the post-game. Just a small continuity nod or cameo could be included if GF chooses for it to happen. Nothing would disrupt anything of the main plot or post-game. Besides, Sinnoh will probably get "haunted" by Galar and Dynamax anyway if it had to be anything.

As an aside, I wouldn't say Team Galactic is Team Rocket in space, either. At least not to me. Team Rocket was mostly just thugs, while Team Galactic wanted to create a whole new universe. I don't think there's much resemblance between the two aside from being evil teams with space-themed names.
I just hope that they do not even mention it (Faba, Null). I'm already afraid of what they might do with Looker. I just want a more filled and pure Gen. IV remake without post-generation cameos, hints, etc.

As for Team Rocket in space, I was speaking about how Team Galactic have space suits/outfits and yet Team Rocket is the one taking off, so it would be a Mix (name + outfits). :giggle:

I just hope that they do not even mention it (Faba, Null). I'm already afraid of what they might do with Looker. I just want a more filled and pure Gen. IV remake without post-generation cameos, hints, etc.

Why not? Just a small appearance in a remake wouldn't change much. Mina in LGPE wasn't too significant to alter the plot of that game, nor was any other cameo we've had between generations. Remakes referring to future entries in the series isn't strange either: Off the top of my head, we've had Steven and Maylene in HGSS, and Bruno being Brawly's teacher in FRLG.

A small cameo relating to Team Aether (or anyone from Gen 5 onwards, really) would be nice to have, just as a small inclusion to show Game Freak at least cares a little bit about continuity. I don't want team Aether to hijack the plot either, but they've had 13 years to expand the world of Pokemon since DPPt, and to not refer to any future games at all in other games feels extremely regressive and wasteful to me.

Looker had a main story role in Platinum, so I doubt they'll alter his role too much in the remake if they decide to incorporate aspects of Platinum into it.

Why not? Just a small appearance in a remake wouldn't change much. Mina in LGPE wasn't too significant to alter the plot of that game, nor was any other cameo we've had between generations. Remakes referring to future entries in the series isn't strange either: Off the top of my head, we've had Steven and Maylene in HGSS, and Bruno being Brawly's teacher in FRLG.

A small cameo relating to Team Aether (or anyone from Gen 5 onwards, really) would be nice to have, just as a small inclusion to show Game Freak at least cares a little bit about continuity. I don't want team Aether to hijack the plot either, but they've had 13 years to expand the world of Pokemon since DPPt, and to not refer to any future games at all in other games feels extremely regressive and wasteful to me.

Looker had a main story role in Platinum, so I doubt they'll alter his role too much in the remake if they decide to incorporate aspects of Platinum into it.
It's just personal, because I'm not a fan of Gen. VI, aside from Midn. Lycanroc and so I hope no refereces to be made. I also didn't liked what they made with ASOR, namely the Sea Mauville, the tree in Sootopolis and Infinite Energy. I must correct one thing though: Fantina is in Gen. IV games, so if they retconned her nationality to Kalosian, I'd be fine with that.
I honestly find it worse how GF doesn't use their past in-game history elements, for example, in having SS Anne - a "world" cruiser - appear at another port city instead of only appearing in Kanto remakes or being just a model in the Slateport museum.

Woah, hey, Sea Mauville was great!

Sunken Ships are boring. That would only be, what, the 19th sunken ship I've ever come across ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom