• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that easy. Torterra can destroy Empoleon with an earthquake but Empoleon is faster and has ice beam which destroys torterra. Cinderace is way faster the Rillaboom for sure, it all depends on how strong Cinderace is and how bulky Rillaboom is. Let's say that if a Flare Blitz from Cinderace does not kill Rillaboom it's quite possible it will revenge kill Cinderace with earthquake.
Hopefully Game Freak has accounted for that balance though. Theoretically, every final stage Starter should be able to OHKO the other final stage Starter who is weak to their element (be it with a STAB move or another move, such as Ice Beam Empoleon that you mentioned). When those leaked stat spreads came out, which I still regard as fake since a datamine hasn't occurred, I was worried because it looked like Cinderace would not only outspeed Intelleon, but be able to OHKO it physically as well. However, several damage calculations later, I was pleased to learn that Intelleon can take even a critical High Jump Kicks from Cinderace and barely live to OHKO back with Surf, etc. This is assuming we go by these stat spreads anyway.

It's not that easy. Torterra can destroy Empoleon with an earthquake but Empoleon is faster and has ice beam which destroys torterra. Cinderace is way faster the Rillaboom for sure, it all depends on how strong Cinderace is and how bulky Rillaboom is. Let's say that if a Flare Blitz from Cinderace does not kill Rillaboom it's quite possible it will revenge kill Cinderace with earthquake.
Cinderace is supposedly the strongest starter to date it seems. It blows away Infernape for speed, and hits a smidge harder than Emboar. 124 Atk, 130 Speed

I get the two top feathers being positioned differently for allowing him to use the bow, but they honestly look like normal wings to me, but fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Here. I think this pose maybe best exemplifies why Decidueye still counts as anthromorphic- it's a very humanoid pose. It's designed for very humanoid motions and to display a humanoid character.

Pokk%C3%A9n_Decidueye.png

I don't hate Decidueye in the slightest, but I am tired of the whole "anthro in a costume" thing and can understand why it would still fail to make the list of "good evos" for some people. I know it won't happen, but I'd gladly take back the "bigger and more beastly" design path of earlier gens and I'm sure there are just others who feel the same way. =/

Here. I think this pose maybe best exemplifies why Decidueye still counts as anthromorphic- it's a very humanoid pose. It's designed for very humanoid motions and to display a humanoid character.

I don't hate Decidueye in the slightest, but I am tired of the whole "anthro in a costume" thing and can understand why it would still fail to make the list of "good evos" for some people. I know it won't happen, but I'd gladly take back the "bigger and more beastly" design path of earlier gens and I'm sure there are just others who feel the same way. =/
I am one that would like bigger and more beast-like starter Pokèmon, so it's not like I don't get your point. I just don't feel that way about Decidueye, although that pose shows a bit more of what you said.

Cinderace is supposedly the strongest starter to date it seems. It blows away Infernape for speed, and hits a smidge harder than Emboar. 124 Atk, 130 Speed
Let me say that if it has 124 attack, 130 speed and 85 in both defenses, this means it has 53 in Hp and Sp. Attack. Are you sure you have the actual stats? It totally doesn't look like a 124 base attack mon honestly.

So what's your take on Lucario or Zoroark?

Let me say that if it has 124 attack, 130 speed and 85 in both defenses, this means it has 53 in Hp and Sp. Attack. Are you sure you have the actual stats?
Nothing's confirmed but these are supposedly them

View: https://twitter.com/KarurosuVGC/status/1190715746453774336

Thoughts so far on the recent leaks

Galarian Rapidash looks pretty good. I excepted more fluff, but it looks great the way it is (and I am glad it isn't a cloud with hooves)
I don't care that it doesn't have wings.

LOVE the rolycoly line. he looks awesome!!

The corviknight pre-evolutions look great. I dont find their eyes werid. there are birds out there with those kind of markings around their eyes. particularly song birds. I also like how the second one looks alot like a bluejay (WHICH IS PART OF THE Corvidae FAMILY BTW) I also have a slightly different perspective of Corviknight now too.

yamper2 is cute, but i was expecting something more greyhound-ish but it is great.

I don't care about the squids.

I love the barracuda pokemon. (but I also love the unpopular relicanth haha so I understand if you don't like them. )

Don't like the bugs.

Love the poodle moth thing. cute and pretty. I was actually talking about how it would be cool if they made a pokemon based on that one day during sun/moon cycle because of how cute and fluffy it is in person.

don't care about that galarian flat fish that i can't remember its name (sorry fans)

Squirrels are cute. I like the 2nd better.

and a side note, impidimp3 is growing on me a little more. I just don't like that fur and still sad it didn't get wings. I am also glad a bigger picture was posted for cinderace, because it looks better in that pic. not as creepy to me there. I actually kinda like it. But Grookey is my choice for sure.

Too lazy to read through all the shennanigans so I'll just post a few new comments based on what I've seen so far:

-One thing I try to do with my in-game teams is see what Pokémon the Rivals have and make sure to use something that is different. That's why I won't be catching a Wooloo for my in-game team, even though I really like its design a lot. Same thing with Corviknight.

-TBH, it's a lesser-of-two-evils choice for me between Scorbunny & Sobble for my starter. I think what it'll ultimately come down to is the Pokedex entires, Base Stats, and which G-Max I ultimately decide I like better, Coalossal or Lapras.

-Does anyone else see Impidimp being Bede's star Pokémon? That would explain why we still don't know any of his Pokémon while Morpeko was immediately confirmed to be Marnie's ace.

-I think the foxes look like Dark-types to me. I could see them being the Mightyena/Liepard of Galar (along with the Obstagoon line). It'd fit with the belief of foxes being cunning tricksters in Western folklore (as opposed to the Japanese legend of the Kitsune, which Ninetales is based on).

-Galarian Rapidash looks absolutely beautiful! I think it's pretty safe to say it will be on my in-game team, and it just made my decision as to which version to buy a lot easier. It doesn't have wings, so depending on whether or not it becomes Psychic/Fairy, I may also include Alcremie.

Here's my stat predictions:
Rillaboom
HP 43 > 52 > 75
ATK 73 > 87 > 119
DEF 62 > 79 > 107
SP. ATK 37 > 64 > 74
SP. DEF 55 > 65 > 87
SPD 45 > 55 > 72
BST 315 > 420 > 530
Cinderace
58 > 63 > 70 HP
72 > 89 > 112 Attack
30 > 50 > 65 Defense
57 > 75 > 98 Sp. Attack
30 > 50 > 65 Sp. Defense
68 > 93 > 119 Speed
BST: 315 > 420 > 530
Intelleon
HP: 53 > 73 > 88
ATK: 37 > 54 > 73
DEF: 38 > 53 > 70
SP. ATK: 67 > 89 > 117
SP. DEF: 58 > 65 > 75
SPD: 62 > 86 > 107

I am one that would like bigger and more beast-like starter Pokèmon, so it's not like I don't get your point. I just don't feel that way about Decidueye, although that pose shows a bit more of what you said.
Yeah, Decidueye is so borderline that I actually don't mind it. XD Best starter evo of Gen 7, my personal vote. But if anyone had an issue with it, I just suspect it's the whole anthro-costume design thing still being somewhat applied.

So what's your take on Lucario or Zoroark?
As in personal taste? Kinda like them but also kinda eh on them both. Not favorite designs but far from disliking them. Zoroark is more to my taste than Lucario, since it's less humanoid. I feel that hunching undressed bipeds have more of an animalistic appeal.

Here's my stat predictions:
Rillaboom
HP 43 > 52 > 75
ATK 73 > 87 > 119
DEF 62 > 79 > 107
SP. ATK 37 > 64 > 74
SP. DEF 55 > 65 > 87
SPD 45 > 55 > 72
BST 315 > 420 > 530
Cinderace
58 > 63 > 70 HP
72 > 89 > 112 Attack
30 > 50 > 65 Defense
57 > 75 > 98 Sp. Attack
30 > 50 > 65 Sp. Defense
68 > 93 > 119 Speed
Intelleon
HP: 53 > 73 > 88
ATK: 37 > 54 > 73
DEF: 38 > 53 > 70
SP. ATK: 67 > 89 > 117
SP. DEF: 58 > 65 > 75
SPD: 62 > 86 > 107
While not necessarily true, BST for starters leaked after the demo, and if I recall they matched what the 'leaked' ones state, with Scorbunny being physical, Sobble special and Grookey mixed.

We'll see how it goes with the datamining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom