• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gen 4 didn't get anything yet. Do you think there will be something or It's proof of the remakes being on the way?
A lot of the officially confirmed pokemon are Gen IV.

We also seem to be getting some Gen IV trainers back if the Eevee kid in that one raid screen shot was a Pokekid and the other trainer was a female Bird Keeper.

Duraludon is a single-stage - when it was datamined from the camera site, it had no number next to it. If it had a prevo, it would've been Duraludon2 or something

My team right now:

*Inteleon(Water)
*Grimmsnarl(Dark/Fairy)
*Toxel Line(Poison/Electric)
*Dragapult(Dragon/Ghost)
*Sirfetch'd(Fighting)
*Perrserker(Steel)

I think this is a solid team with no overlapping types but I'm still considering swapping Sirfetch'd or Perrserker for Centiskorch(Bug/Fire)

so assuming we've seen pretty much everything (since the leaker had beat the game and it looks like Eternatus is the last mon in the regional dex)

it seems like we're getting more mons than X/Y this gen, but less than gen 7. While I kind of find that disappointing since the dex cut was the perfect reason for them to go higher, I like that so many of these mons avoid being single staged, and I like that we have minimal legendaries

so assuming we've seen pretty much everything (since the leaker had beat the game and it looks like Eternatus is the last mon in the regional dex)

it seems like we're getting more mons than X/Y this gen, but less than gen 7. While I kind of find that disappointing since the dex cut was the perfect reason for them to go higher, I like that so many of these mons avoid being single staged, and I like that we have minimal legendaries
There are 40 Pokémon or so that can fill the 400 dex number, and there should be a few design left.

How many there’ll be, nobody knows. Keep in mind that version exclusives could be in place.

There are 40 Pokémon or so that can fill the 400 dex number, and there should be a few design left.

How many there’ll be, nobody knows. Keep in mind that version exclusives could be in place.

I think it's safer to assume most of these will be returning pokemon though, especially since if the regional dex is around 400 then we haven't seen many returning mons

Version exclusives are still present in both games' Pokedex, so I don't think it'll affect numbers at all. Unless I misunderstood you, then sorry!

Version exclusives are still present in both games' Pokedex, so I don't think it'll affect numbers at all. Unless I misunderstood you, then sorry!
I meant a few might’ve not been seen due to being exclusive to the other game.
I think it's safer to assume most of these will be returning pokemon though, especially since if the regional dex is around 400 then we haven't seen many returning mons
I wouldn’t expect the majority to be new mons, but I do expect a few more.

That, if there truly isn’t a postgame extended dex.

Unless I find another Ice type, this is my final team

With Rappy now being my fairy, a spot has been made on my team, but I'm still not 100% sure what to fill it with. Part of me says Wooloo, part of me says Frosmoth, and another part says Flapple. I usually try to have a water type, but while I don't dislike any of the new ones, there aren't any that I really want so far.

So, so far:
Cinderace
Boltund
G. Rappy
Corviknight
Umbreon (no new Eeveelution, so may as well go with the only one I haven't used yet)
Sixth member

It disappoints me that Game Freak has been doing under 100 and we might not even make 90, but I think Gen VIII not only has a ton of great Pokemon, but they found a good balance between Gen VI and Gen VII.

Gen VI's roster was too low, though it didn't have many Legendary/Mythicals. It gave us a good amount of Mega's, though it was only a temporary form.

Gen VII's roster had more Pokemon, but way too many Legendary/Mythical/UB's, leaving us with nearly 1/4th of a dex we couldn't really get until the very late game kinda. They did give us variants that made old Pokemon feel new. New types, new attacks, and new abilities.

As of now, we know of 77 Pokemon. It could be 80 if Stonejourner, Falink, and Flapple evolve. That puts us at 80. We still have Meteordyna also and maybe 3 Mythicals, putting us at maybe 84 new Pokemon. We have a low number of Legendary/Mythicals, plus Galarian variants and Gigantamax forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom