• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It! II [ENDGAME: 12.11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
you build a building, the building name is publicly announced. It is not however told who built it. The message will simply be, "The/A house was built!", but house will be replaced with the name of the building.
Are all blueprints buildings or just some? So basically does this mean some may not have been announced as having been built?

So you built the umbrella beam?
yes, I was the one who invented the umbrella beam in this game.
Are all blueprints buildings or just some? So basically does this mean some may not have been announced as having been built?
only some are. I had skimmed the first version of this game and, from my understanding, all of the blueprints created buildings. If I was mafia, I certainly wouldn't try to deceive the town by lying about a non building blueprint; it would only draw suspicion to me. What motive would I have?

However, the op of that first game heavily implied this was the case. Calvin has stated multiple times that the first game was unbalanced and had issues, and the issues primarily having to do with the blueprints, so it's no surprise that they work very differently this game. The op of this game does literally nothing that implies all blueprints create buildings, the only mention of buildings being "If you build a building, the building name is publicly announced. It is not however told who built it. The message will simply be, "The/A house was built!", but house will be replaced with the name of the building."

Interesting, I was certainly expecting to see the Umbrella Beam listed in phase update, but if it isn't an actual building, it would follow that it may not be listed...

Interesting, I was certainly expecting to see the Umbrella Beam listed in phase update, but if it isn't an actual building, it would follow that it may not be listed...
We don’t know that yet being Calvin has yet to confirm my question. He’s the host not Rainami so it remains in question until Calvin speaks.

goddamnitt

I was hoping you wouldn't answer that

okay, well, I realize this doesn't paint me in an ideal light, but hear me out

why did I completely and totally lie? Here's my reasoning.

a) the primary reason was to pretend to have a role that mafioso would want dead and town would want alive. I was hoping this would cause at least one mafioso to try and bullshit an argument against me, trying to get me lynched, a move that would draw them out as mafia. That way we'd have something to go on day 1.

b) the secondary reason was to reduce my chances of being nightkilled. If the mafia thought I had a self protection role, they wouldn't target me...unless they had a defense piercing kill, in which case I'd be more likely to be targeted, but I decided to roll those dice.

c) well, uh...I wasn't actually anticipating this, but apparently this lie served as a way to make people think I'm more townish...at least temporarily. I probably should have saw this coming, maybe it was because I hadn't played a mafia game in a long time, but here we are. This is part of what made what I was hoping for in reason a not take place.

this plan, however, had one grave error. I honestly was under the impression that not all blueprints resulted in buildings being built....I did skim the first version of this game, but that was after day two started and everyone got all suspicious of me. Stupid of me, I know, but I like to think it was at least a decent plan if we ignore that little mistake...could have gotten some more discussion going, at the very least, even if it didn't outright get a mafioso to come after me. That's what it's doing now, but not in the way I intended....

I had intended to come clean about this eventually. If you look closely enough at my first post on day 1, you'll see that I admit to the whole thing being a L I E. Don't jump to conclusions just because I lied. If I was a mafioso, why would I have reason to do any of this. You could argue reason c, sure, but it would have been foolish to draw so much attention to myself on day 1, when I'd have no particular attention on me. If I was really mafioso trying to pull that, I'd wait until a later phase.

I might as well come out and claim my real ability now. I built the greek temple last night, and I'm the oracle. Every night, I can target someone. If I die, the last person I targeted will have their ability revealed publicly in the thread. I'm...not fond of it, but w/e. Now you know.

If you look closely enough at my first post on day 1, you'll see that I admit to the whole thing being a L I E.
You mean this one?
let me start out by saying one thing

I have an ability which lets me get blueprints at the beginning of every day phase as opposed to the end, and I get to use blueprint actions during the day phase as well

enlightenment regarding the opinions of everyone else would be useful; should I check to see what this blueprint does, or should I just use it right away?

newb alert
Where?

EDITED FOR FORMATTING BS

let me start out by saying one thing

I have an ability which lets me get blueprints at the beginning of every day phase as opposed to the end, and I get to use blueprint actions during the day phase as well

enlightenment regarding the opinions of everyone else would be useful; should I check to see what this blueprint does, or should I just use it right away?

goddamnitt

I was hoping you wouldn't answer that

okay, well, I realize this doesn't paint me in an ideal light, but hear me out

why did I completely and totally lie? Here's my reasoning.

a) the primary reason was to pretend to have a role that mafioso would want dead and town would want alive. I was hoping this would cause at least one mafioso to try and bullshit an argument against me, trying to get me lynched, a move that would draw them out as mafia. That way we'd have something to go on day 1.

b) the secondary reason was to reduce my chances of being nightkilled. If the mafia thought I had a self protection role, they wouldn't target me...unless they had a defense piercing kill, in which case I'd be more likely to be targeted, but I decided to roll those dice.

c) well, uh...I wasn't actually anticipating this, but apparently this lie served as a way to make people think I'm more townish...at least temporarily. I probably should have saw this coming, maybe it was because I hadn't played a mafia game in a long time, but here we are. This is part of what made what I was hoping for in reason a not take place.

this plan, however, had one grave error. I honestly was under the impression that not all blueprints resulted in buildings being built....I did skim the first version of this game, but that was after day two started and everyone got all suspicious of me. Stupid of me, I know, but I like to think it was at least a decent plan if we ignore that little mistake...could have gotten some more discussion going, at the very least, even if it didn't outright get a mafioso to come after me. That's what it's doing now, but not in the way I intended....

I had intended to come clean about this eventually. If you look closely enough at my first post on day 1, you'll see that I admit to the whole thing being a L I E. Don't jump to conclusions just because I lied. If I was a mafioso, why would I have reason to do any of this. You could argue reason c, sure, but it would have been foolish to draw so much attention to myself on day 1, when I'd have no particular attention on me. If I was really mafioso trying to pull that, I'd wait until a later phase.

I might as well come out and claim my real ability now. I built the greek temple last night, and I'm the oracle. Every night, I can target someone. If I die, the last person I targeted will have their ability revealed publicly in the thread. I'm...not fond of it, but w/e. Now you know.
Wow, I was not expecting this...I have to say that the hidden "lie" message is pretty convincing what with the word "enlightenment". However like Mega said, it doesn't clear you at all, just means you were clever enough to give yourself an out.

I tend to agree that mafia wouldn't normally make a play like this on D1 (or at least it's not something I would do as mafia), but getting townread on D1 is always a good thing to try to do, so I'll have to reserve judgement for now.

People need to read through
xyz mafia and see mafias crazy stunt there...

The only reason I don’t want to lynch rainami right now is that oracle claim. That unfortunately can be very dangerous for us if she chose the wrong person.

About 8 hours till phase update. Currently there are no votes meaning there will be a No Lynch at EoP.

I voted Contrainer because day 1 no lunches don't help anybody. It was between him and Raini, and I have more reason to think of Raini as town.
People need to read through
xyz mafia and see mafias crazy stunt there...

The only reason I don’t want to lynch rainami right now is that oracle claim. That unfortunately can be very dangerous for us if she chose the wrong person.

It would be funny and quite hairpulling if Rain pulled an Olive in this game also. Right now, it is reminiscent of what Olive did in the game.

Anyways, I find Dekunut and Rain's action to be a bit too coincidential. With Deku's last-minute vote on Contrainer for the purposes of just getting a lynch strikes me as alarming. Rainami's fakeclaim is just odd but I don't know if mafia wants to be in such a situation to draw attention to her.

Vote: Dekunut

For the last-minute vote for no reason.

vote: Dekunut

Give me a reason to believe your vote last phase was mistaken townie.
I don’t think it was mistaken townie, it was either scum getting a free kill or blundering townie who blindly lynched as a shot in the dark. Either way, I think he’s the best lynch target today.
It would be funny and quite hairpulling if Rain pulled an Olive in this game also. Right now, it is reminiscent of what Olive did in the game.

Anyways, I find Dekunut and Rain's action to be a bit too coincidential. With Deku's last-minute vote on Contrainer for the purposes of just getting a lynch strikes me as alarming. Rainami's fakeclaim is just odd but I don't know if mafia wants to be in such a situation to draw attention to her.

Vote: Dekunut

For the last-minute vote for no reason.
I read this as you were drawing a line between the two actions, ie Deku and Rain were coordinating. Is that your thought here??

Vote: DekuNut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom