• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And personally, I don't mind the dex cut at all. I'm kind of surprised it took this long. I don't know any other game that includes 800+ unique playable characters (for lack of a better definition)

I know four 3ds games that managed to include over 700 unique playable characters, and they were all animated brilliantly despite the hardware restraints.

There is just so much irony in Pokemon now being on the "big home console" and having half of what it's previous instalment on the 3ds had in terms of "character content", cut.

Dynamax isn't even justifyable as to why over 400 were cut.

I wonder if we didn't get any eeveelutions these games, because they're saving them for the Gen 4 remakes. They've been pretty consistent ever since Gen 2 putting them in every other Gen. It's weird that they would stop now.

I know four 3ds games that managed to include over 700 unique playable characters, and they were all animated brilliantly despite the hardware restraints.

There is just so much irony in Pokemon now being on the "big home console" and having half of what it's previous instalment on the 3ds had in terms of "character content", cut.

Dynamax isn't even justifyable as to why over 400 were cut.
I think other games are also given more development time, which I think is the real complaint in regards to Pokemon- they don't give themselves enough time.

I wonder if we didn't get any eeveelutions these games, because they're saving them for the Gen 4 remakes. They've been pretty consistent ever since Gen 2 putting them in every other Gen. It's weird that they would stop now.
I kinda feel like if we don't get one this gen, then the demand for one will probably get us one next gen. It's the kind of feedback that I could see them listening to.

The only added legendary-like Pokemon to USUM and LGPE. I don't see why a new Eeveelution would be reserved for a remake.

I think other games are also given more development time, which I think is the real complaint in regards to Pokemon- they don't give themselves enough time.
Exactly, they brung this on themselves. Game Freak CHOSE to pump out a pokemon game every year, then they have the gall to cut shit from the games because they don't have enough time?

Nobody's defending it though.

Sorry to be blunt but uh...don’t tell me what to do. If I feel like GF is justified in some ways for their decision I can and will state my opinion on it. The Pokémon models, in my opinion, look lovely and I can’t wait to experience the game. The scenery looks beautiful as well from what we’ve seen so far.

This. I haven't seen anyone that is happy about Dexit or defending it as such. I'm disappointed about it and really wish all the old Pokémon were still in (and I hope they'll reverse on the decision and include everyone in future gens when they've had more time to work with the improved hardware). But they aren't. Many of my favourite Pokémon will have to stay in my old games, Go or Home for some time to come. Yeah, it sucks. However, for me and many others, the positives of these games still outweigh that negative. I think the games look beautiful, I like the atmosphere of the region and I like most of the new designs. Mind you, not all of them by a long shot, but the majority. Even if one of the new designs is now my least favourite Pokémon of all time (I'm not going to tell you guys which one that is because I would be executed on the spot considering its popularity here), I think most of the Pokémon look cool and/or will grow on me after playing the games. Gen 8 is shaping up to be my favourite gen since 2.

As a reminder, the 400th Pokémon of the National Dex is Bibarel and I personally enjoyed the games and their amount of content just fine before that number was reached in a Pokémon game. Crystal is still my favourite game. Call me a genwunner or gentwoer or whatever makes you feel like my opinion is invalid but I'll live with a dex with a gen 1 amount of Pokémon on top of Crystal's Dex.

If you want to boycott the games because of Dexit, fine. Your decision and no concern of anyone else's. But, like @swiftgallade46 said, don't go around all high and mighty and pester other people to do the same. You don't see the people excited for these games telling other people that they have to "go and buy the games" to support the general direction the franchise is taking. Just show them the same basic courtesy.

I know... and that makes me wish they gave themselves more time too...

I am honestly ok with them taking the neccessary gap year or even gap yearS to make a project see it's full potential, I just pray that during that wait we'd get some nice juicy Pokemon spinoffs for the Switch by other studios that don't get shoved on to mobile and end up in the freemium gaming category.

Might be logical leaps, might be there are tourist trainers with non-Galar versions, like the ones in Alola that used Kanto Rattatta, etc.

I was just thinking the reason we have Persian and Cofagrigus in the dex is because they're split evolutions......so they can't share a pokedex slot with each other because they're new Pokemon.

Whereas I assume the original versions of the Galar forms will be transferrable into Sword and Shield (Persian and Cofagrigus being in the dex lowkey confirms that), but they'll just take up the same slot as the regional variant. (so they can't really exclude Persian and Cofagrigus if the originals are going to be transferrable but they still need their own regional dex slot since there's no national dex)

They might even have in-game trades for them, really that's something they ought to do.

Since we are pretty confident that the foxes are dark mono-type, I’m curious if what we thought was a bonfire motif in Nicket’s tail is actually supposed to be a thieve’s rucksack.

Attachments

• BFE714FA-D551-44A0-97CA-26C476FC432E.jpeg
    BFE714FA-D551-44A0-97CA-26C476FC432E.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 692215FF-5270-42BA-97B0-132BEF06B4E9.jpeg
    692215FF-5270-42BA-97B0-132BEF06B4E9.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 35
I saw this on reddit, and thought i'd bring the discussion here. It looks like Game Freak is trying to send a message about the effects humans are having on the planet through the designs of some of their pokemon. Corsula being based off of bleached coral, Eiscue's two different forms resembling the ice melting,etc. What are y'alls thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom