• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to boycott the games because of Dexit, fine. Your decision and no concern of anyone else's. But, like @swiftgallade46 said, don't go around all high and mighty and pester other people to do the same. You don't see the people excited for these games telling other people that they have to "go and buy the games" to support the general direction the franchise is taking. Just show them the same basic courtesy.
This is a really important message, considering some users on this forum have said that they have been getting bullied elsewhere just because they are planning to get SwSh.

I could have sworn Pokémon like stoutland and swanna and fletchling would be in, huh.

Also obligatory being sad your favs aren’t in moment. I really thought miltank could have been in? Lots of farms in England and all. I wanted Doubwool to have a friend :^(
As someone from the UK, it is a bit wierd. Not even Sawsbuck or Stantler were included despite our deer population. I wanna know why they were cut tbh, surely they must have a good reason for cutting the Yorkshire terrier or swan Pokemon of all things.

Wait type:null line are there, whaaaat? :lapras:
It's doing a good job, Galar has no Ultra Beasts :lapras:

I love so many of these designs. James Turner is a god.

THe leakers did GameFreak's PR considering GameFreak themselves gave us the "Meh" to "Ew" designs.

I definitely plan on doing a bug run my second time through. All the new designs are great. The only reason I’m not doing it first is because I really want to use Grimmsnarl.

Lol, that's funny. I'm actually pretty torn between Dark and Bug. Both types got fantastic additions, in my opinion. And who knows, I may switch back to Dark after abilities and moves and such are revealed. shrugs My #1 favorite type stays kinda mercurial.

I got a little confused, centiskorch and the snow moth aren't version exclusives and there are no new pokemon who are vexclusives, because the leaker probably hacked most of them in , but if he did then maybe he doesn't know about them

Why even?! It's a freakin octopus why not part water?!
I don't know any species of octopus which is not aquatic. It's not the same situation with Crabrawler, because we have some terrestrial krabs, for example. But, keep in your mind that Grame Freak's ideas are not always rational and logical. Dragalge is not water type too.

You know, the whole sending mean tweets, death threats, and the other atrocities committed by the vocal minority make me more ashamed of being a fan than the whole Dexit thing.

They really needed to not say anything about that until the game came out. If at all. Have people find out on their own when they tried to transfer Pokemon, it wouldn't work. That way it could be written off as a glitch or something. Flat out telling everyone only certain Pokemon made it in months before release was stupid on their part. But at the same time it was bound to happen, I guess. There's no fighting it...like it or not.

My only fear is that because the backlash I'm afraid they're just going to pull the whole plug on the series after this gen.

I saw this on reddit, and thought i'd bring the discussion here. It looks like Game Freak is trying to send a message about the effects humans are having on the planet through the designs of some of their pokemon. Corsula being based off of bleached coral, Eiscue's two different forms resembling the ice melting,etc. What are y'alls thoughts on this?

It would be an interesting topic. Since it would be the opposite of the environmental terrorist angle from Gen III.

But on the other hand, unless they bring back Aether, I don't know how they're going to tie that in with the story. I mean a few designs that share a common theme don't really make a story. If that was the case than Nikit and Delibird are in league with each other because their tails are both rucksacks.

Such a random choice to put in there. No Incineroar, no Lycanroc, out of all the Pokemon, they choose type:null. So weird.

Dialga is cut, so you get Duraludon
Palkia is cut, so you get Dracovish
Giratina is cut, so you get Dragapult
Arceus is cut, so have Budget Arceus

I don't know any species of octopus which is not aquatic. It's not the same situation with Crabrawler, because we have some terrestrial krabs, for example. But, keep in your mind that Grame Freak's ideas are not always rational and logical. Dragalge is not water type too.
There's a difference between irrational and just flat out not trying. Why are there so many pures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom