• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, the whole sending mean tweets, death threats, and the other atrocities committed by the vocal minority make me more ashamed of being a fan than the whole Dexit thing.

They really needed to not say anything about that until the game came out. If at all. Have people find out on their own when they tried to transfer Pokemon, it wouldn't work. That way it could be written off as a glitch or something. Flat out telling everyone only certain Pokemon made it in months before release was stupid on their part. But at the same time it was bound to happen, I guess. There's no fighting it...like it or not.

My only fear is that because the backlash I'm afraid they're just going to pull the whole plug on the series after this gen.

Heck naw. Can you imagine the backlash if people found out about this UPON release? That would’ve been even more scummy of Game Freak.

Dialga is cut, so you get Duraludon
Palkia is cut, so you get Dracovish
Giratina is cut, so you get Dragapu
Not to be entirely sexist, but I'm a girl. XD Why would a stealth bomber appeal to me?
Girls can fly planes,too. Girls can also like planes ya silly goose.

Is there a place where all of the new Pokemon images could be found?
I'm not asking for the collective list, but an album or something with each one as a separate image.

They really needed to not say anything about that until the game came out. If at all. Have people find out on their own when they tried to transfer Pokemon, it wouldn't work. That way it could be written off as a glitch or something. Flat out telling everyone only certain Pokemon made it in months before release was stupid on their part. But at the same time it was bound to happen, I guess. There's no fighting it...like it or not.
Are you kidding? They were honest and upfront about it- lying to the fanbase would have broken everyone's trust and the backlash would have been bigger than Dexit could even imagine.

Girls can fly planes,too. Girls can also like planes ya silly goose.
=P That's why I said "not to be entirely sexist"- girls aren't typically into planes, though I acknowledge that some are. I'm not a girl who likes planes so the plane aspect has no appeal.

I don't know any species of octopus which is not aquatic. It's not the same situation with Crabrawler, because we have some terrestrial krabs, for example. But, keep in your mind that Grame Freak's ideas are not always rational and logical. Dragalge is not water type too.
Dragalge’s type is completely logical, though? It’s based on a leafy sea-dragon. GameFreak’s design ideas are always based in some sort of logic or precedence.

Are you kidding? They were honest and upfront about it- lying to the fanbase would have broken everyone's trust and the backlash would have been bigger than Dexit could even imagine.

=P That's why I said "not to be entirely sexist"- girls aren't typically into planes, though I acknowledge that some are. I'm not a girl who likes planes so the plane aspect has no appeal.
Yeah, I'm not really into planes either. They're basically penises with wings. But, that being said, I do like military planes... especially stealth bombers.

As weird as it is, I like when there are aquatic creatures that aren’t water type! I always use the water starter, and I don’t like overlapping types. So not being water type gives me to the opportunity to use them.

Dragalge’s type is completely logical, though? It’s based on a leafy sea-dragon. GameFreak’s design ideas are always based in some sort of logic or precedence.
Another fun thing about Dragalge: Maybe I'm remembering wrong (this is always a possibility), but I recall reading that sea horse in Japanese means "dragon's child", which explains both Dragalge and Kingdra. Kinda like how the Pidove line had a lot of puns that were lost in translation.

So, regarding the Legends:

Zacian is confirmed Fairy Type, a type no one of us guessed, but is only Fairy Type in its unarmed state, but now according to the leaks, it becomes Fairy/Steel after gaining its sword and armored form. Looks like I guessed right with calling Fairy/Steel after I saw the revelation of its Fairy Typing.

As for Zamazenta, well, he starts out as Fighting in his normal form, but in weapon form, gets the Steel typing added to it. Glad to know that me and many others called it, for Fighting/Steel was one of the type combinations I speculated about for a long time. Glad to have called something out for once.:giggle:

I don't know. Sea-Dragons are aquatic creatures, so Dragalge could be either Water/Dragon or Water/Poison too. But, I can see why they opted for Dragon/Poison. Maybe Dragalge was not the best example to explain my opinion. Sorry.

I think zamazenta should be steel-fairy (or maybe psychic )and zacian should be steel-fighting type, so steel (only if fairy) and fighting-type moves have 1× effectiveness on zamazenta , and both fairy and psychic have 1× effectiveness on zacian
Time to get smug, but I flipped them tho

There's a difference between irrational and just flat out not trying. Why are there so many pures?

I mean, to be fair, we don't yet know the character detail for Clobbopus.

That being said, numbers are fun. Looking at only the standalone and fully-evolved Pokémon (since many lines that start as mono become dual, and excluding Stonjourner and G-Darmanitan because I don't think their types have been confirmed yet?), this gen's breakdown between mono-types and dual-types is 22* mono, 28 dual so like... it's not that big of a disparity. I think most gens have hit that kind of ratio, or come close to it.

Dem stats:

Mono-types ~ Rillaboom, Cinderace, Intelleon, Greedent, Dubwool, Eldegoss, Thievul, Bolthund, Alcremie, Barraskewda, Sandaconda, Polteageist, Copperajah, Grapploct, Pincurchin, Eiscue, Falinks, naked Zacian, naked Zamazenta, Purrzerker, Sirfetch'd, Cursola

(The pre-evolutions excluded from this group are Grookey, Thwackey, Scorbunny, Raboot, Sobble, Drizzile, Rookiedee, Corvisquire, Skwovet, Wooloo, Gossifleur, Nickit, Yamper, Milcery, Blipbug, Chewtle, Hattena, Hattrem, Arrokuda, Silicobra, Sinistea, Rolycoly, Cufant, Clobbopus, Meowth, Ponyta, Farfetch'd, Corsola)

Dual-types ~ Corviknight, Orbeetle, Morpeko, Drednaw, Hatterene, Cramorant, Coalossal, Grimmsnarl, Toxtricity, Frosmoth, Centiskorch, Duraludon, Indeedee, (Fl)apple(tun), Dragapult, Dracozolt, Arctozolt, Dracovish, Arctovish, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, Rapidash, Weezing, Mr. Rime, Stunfisk, Obstagoon, Runerigus

(The pre-evolutions excluded from this group because it would be kind of redundant are Dottler, Carkoal, Morgrem, Applin, Dreepy, Drakloak, Mr. Mime, Zigzagoon, Linoone, and Yamask)

* Whoops, forgot to count the Starters. Fixed.

What's the difference between a worm, and a wyrm?

worms are the squiggly bois you find in the dirt

wyrm is another word for dragon

Last edited:
Seeing closely Toxtricity’s second design, it seems quite like, as other speculated/stated, that it’s due to being low on energy. I do think it might be related to an ability. Hopefully it’s not something like Defeatist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom