• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorbunny got the better signature move
Mmm I don't know about that. In a main plot perspective sure. In a competitive perspective is just a mid way between Fire Blast and Flare Blitz, having no recoil but being not fully accurate. Doesn't really change that much. I think Flare Blitz is still a better choice.
Snipe shot is quite interesting honestly. Gastrodon and Clefeairy are in the game and they are damn good competitively. Being able to ignore follow me and rage powder is alone more interesting.

Not fully accurate but the accuracy is not bad by any means (90%). Personally I’d prefer that over suiciding Cinderace in the middle of a sweep.
It’s likely to get Flare Blitz anyway.
What if it misses and it dies without even being able to attack? Trust me you would prefer to attack before you leave :)

What if it misses and it dies without even being able to attack? Trust me you would prefer to attack before you leave :)
I guess, now I give it deeper thought, moves with 90-95 accuracy have a tendency to miss during crucial moments, often comically so.
I'm pretty sure Draco Meteor has missed for me more than Focus Blast

I’d happily trade a few power points or the Burn effect for 100 accuracy.

Eh, that is basically just a matter of preferring reliability and recoil or unreliability and no drawbacks.

Personally, I’d go with the “no drawbacks” route. It may be riskier, but it can pay off well, especially if you manage to destroy your opponent and still have a fresh Cinderace.

I guess, now I give it deeper thought, moves with 90-95 accuracy have a tendency to miss during crucial moments, often comically so.
XD Ya know... for a move that hurls meteors at your opponent, it's pretty comical to imagine what happens if you miss.

It would have been a totally better choice if Cinderace had more bulk. But considering it has good chances to die with any SE attack and that stealth rocks will be everywhere this gen lowering its hp every time it enters the battle, you definitively don't wanna miss when you attack.

XD Ya know... for a move that hurls meteors at your opponent, it's pretty comical to imagine what happens if you miss.

It hits poor Piplups around the globe.

tumblr_mjfb4pjos91s7mfkho1_500.gif

#SavePiplupFromDraco

I noticed an issue with the balance in this generation- Stealth Rock's gonna be absolutely dominating, even more so than before since many Pokemon are weak to Rock. Frosmoth and Centiskorch being 4x even. Are there a decent amount of defoggers/rapid spinners in the Dex?

I mean...it’s situational. It’s really difficult to quantify exactly how many situations in which it would be better to use one move over the other. For the record though, I will say that Fire is a better offensive type than Water and Burning the opponent is going to be useful in far more situations than ignoring a draw-in move or Ability.

If it learns Flare Blitz, it can still have a different movesets based on the item he'd held. Having a move like Pyro Ball means you can have variety in building his moveset, and it's still a really powerful move on a quite powerful mon.

Inteleon's ability is certainly meant to be used in VGC. In any case, for either the hidden ability will be important.

I noticed an issue with the balance in this generation- Stealth Rock's gonna be absolutely dominating, even more so than before since many Pokemon are weak to Rock. Frosmoth and Centiskorch being 4x even. Are there a decent amount of defoggers/rapid spinners in the Dex?
This is also the reason why I think making Cinderace a medium glass cannon is not the best of choices. Considering its bulk and that it has to leave and enter battle several times, it won't last long.

This is also the reason why I think making Cinderace a medium glass cannon is not the best of choices. Considering its bulk and it has to leave and enter battle several times, it won't last long.
It depends on what was their reasoning when building them. Again, Inteleon's signature is clearly meant for VGC. In singles, I think most will give him Scald instead.
If Cinderace was built for VGC as well first, then it doesn't matter much, because Stealth Rocks aren't used that much in that format. I followed on streaming the International events, an Italian Special Events and the World Championships, and I don't recall it being used on those..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom