• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that Ash and Gou will get a full team early in the series, I didn't like the fact Ash never got a full team until the league

I don't know if I'd want Ash to get a fully team too early. It's usually better when he slowly builds his team since that gives them more potential screentime and development. I don't want them to wait until near the end of the series until he gets a full team though.

They've been secretive about a lot of things this gen.

Either they've got some (hopefully good) cards they ain't showing...or even they realize this generation isn't going to be worth talking about...

I'm hoping that Ash and Gou will get a full team early in the series, I didn't like the fact Ash never got a full team until the league
Unless Galar is their very first stop, Ash will probably keep 5 reserves on him from the start. He only dumps all of his Pokemon when he goes to a new region. The excuse he's always used is he wants to compete in a league using only the Pokemon he caught in the respective region. Unless Galar is their first stop and Ash is competing in the Galar league, there is no logical reason not to bring his older Pokemon. For comparison, he used reserves in the Battle Frontier arc because that was a region he's already traveled through.

With the way the series is marketing Gou as the one who catches Pokemon and Ash as the one who battles, I get the feeling most of the "getting" will be done by Gou while Ash sticks mostly with his oldies. Yes that's wishful thinking but that's also the way it's looking.

Unless Galar is their very first stop, Ash will probably keep 5 reserves on him from the start. He only dumps all of his Pokemon when he goes to a new region. The excuse he's always used is he wants to compete in a league using only the Pokemon he caught in the respective region. Unless Galar is their first stop and Ash is competing in the Galar league, there is no logical reason not to bring his older Pokemon. For comparison, he used reserves in the Battle Frontier arc because that was a region he's already traveled through.

With the way the series is marketing Gou as the one who catches Pokemon and Ash as the one who battles, I get the feeling most of the "getting" will be done by Gou while Ash sticks mostly with his oldies. Yes that's wishful thinking but that's also the way it's looking.
I highly doubt that Ash would not catch a lot of Pokemon.

I highly doubt that Ash would not catch a lot of Pokemon.
Ash hasn't caught "a lot" of Pokemon since BW. It makes little sense for Ash to catch Pokemon in regions he's already been to. On the other hand, it makes perfect sense to let Gou do all the catching in those regions because he's never been there.

They've never specifically stated that Ash preferred battling over catching until now. The fact that their making the distinction between battling and catching now most likely reflects what they're planning to do with the characters.

Ash hasn't caught "a lot" of Pokemon since BW. It makes little sense for Ash to catch Pokemon in regions he's already been to. On the other hand, it makes perfect sense to let Gou do all the catching in those regions because he's never been there.

They've never specifically stated that Ash preferred battling over catching until now. The fact that their making the distinction between battling and catching now most likely reflects what they're planning to do with the characters.
It would be harder for them to showcase the new Pokemon if Gou is the only one catching anything and Ash is stuck just using his reserves the entire time.

I'm glad that they're going to go to the Galar region so soon. That is a promising sign. Hopefully they'll be able to feature the region frequently enough even with traveling to other regions. I'm also a bit surprised that Go may not capture Scorbunny until the fourth episode, but there might be some buildup to the capture too.

I'm also a bit surprised that Go may not capture Scorbunny until the fourth episode, but there might be some buildup to the capture too.
Having checked already, Serena didn't choose Fennekin until XY004, so not having Gou catch Scorbunny until then isn't unprecedented.

I'm happy that they're heading to Galar so soon.

Hopefully they stay there a while too~ :sneaky:

It seems Ash and Go travel to Galar to investigate the Daimax mystery, which seems to be resolved in Episode 5. So, it's pretty possible they return to Kanto after this.

After all, their base is in Kanto (Sakuragi's lab)

I'm not expecting a lot of continuity and references to the old series.
They don't have to, especially considering it would confuse younger fans and require them to bingewatch past episodes in order to understand what's going on. I don't see them ever doing that.
Oh boy... that didn't last very long.
The Mysterious Garden is most likely coming back in Episode 3, so we might see some references to older sagas.

The Mysterious Garden is most likely coming back in Episode 3, so we might see some references to older sagas.

Honestly, I'm not so sure it is so related to the Mysterious Garden.

I mean, Ash and Go are going to investigate a mysterious situation related to Ivysaur.

However, the festival of Bulbasaur evolution wasn't a secret. The garden was a secret, but not the event of many Bulbasau evolving.

I saw the episode titles and I kind of cringed when I saw the Ivysaur one, but thank goodness the following ones are focusing on Galar and Dynamax. I was really getting worried they wouldn't start breathing about Galar until like 10 episodes in. I can only hope they stay in Galar for a good while. At least let Ash learn a bit about the region and especially the gym challenge while they're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom