• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia The Fantastic Forretress Face-off (Gun Show V1) - Phase 3 - 11/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right. I'm ready, both barrels are coming at y'all!

Phase 1 - Welcome to the War Room Wetlands
The makeshift swamp boat cruises down the water with the twelve people inside, and the riders look up at the trees around them to notice many pairs of eyes peering back down at them. As the group progresses deeper into the wetlands, more and more of the trees have large, spherical bagworms with pale purplish shells and red, gun-like appendages clinging all over their trunks: Forretress. Lots and lots of Forretress. MegaPod leans back, smiling proudly up at the numerous insectoid orbs staring curiously at the group through their armor. “They’re marvelous, aren’t they?” MegaPod says to the eleven contestants. “I designed the War Room Wetlands specifically to catalyze the growth of the Forretress population. You see, after I had the War Room’s terrain altered, the climate artificially controlled, and the trees planted, I introduced special, genetically modified Bluk Berry plants to the environment. Each of those Bluk Berries has the leveling-up potency of thirty whole Rare Candies in one fruit, so every new Pineco born in the War Room Wetlands relies on those berries for sustenance, and immediately evolves into Forretress upon taking their first bite of food! Isn’t that fascinating?”
@chibighost licks his lips. “Mmm, I gotta try one of those berries when we get there.”
“Try one? Those berries sound really useful; I’d take those home with me,” remarks @DarthWolf.
“Anyways, once I introduced Pokémon—mostly Forretress—into the environment as well,” MegaPod continues, “I used a device built to accelerate the passage of time in the War Room Wetlands, allowing the Forretress population to boom and the ecosystem to grow into what it is now, all in time for the competition!”
“Wait, so how can you guarantee that we‘ll find a shiny Forretress in there?” asks @Space.
“It’s simple math,” MegaPod answers. “I’ve let the Forretress population multiply into the thousands! There’s no doubt at least one of the Forretress born in the wetlands by now will be shiny.”
“But that’s not entirely sound reasoning, probability-wise,” @Parissong pipes up. “Even if the chance of a shiny being born is one out of about four thousand, and over four thousand Forretress have been born, you’re rolling against the same odds every time. There’s no guarantee—”
“I know,” MegaPod interrupts. “That’s why I also consulted this to determine when a shiny Forretress was born,” MegaPod declares as he pulls a Magic 8-Ball out of his pocket. “You know, for that extra layer of certainty.”
“...oh no,” Parissong reacts, shaking his head. Several of the other participants groan.
“Hold on, everybody,” @Max1996 says. “I’m sure that’s not some ordinary toy. Right, MegaPod?
...right?
“Ooh, let me see it,” requests @Contrainer. MegaPod nods and hands the 8-Ball over to him. Contrainer asks the ball “Are we almost at the site of the competition?” and gives it a brisk shake. He reads aloud the words that appear in the toy’s viewing window: “Someone close to you has the answer.” He turns to look at MegaPod.
“We’re almost there,” the chrysalis fanatic calmly tells Contrainer.
“...whoa, this thing’s good.” Contrainer stuffs the novelty item into his backpack, and Max1996 just facepalms.
“Well, this explains our ‘stay of indeterminate length,’” @Calvin ッ grumbles.
“Don’t worry,” @ExLight says to Calvin ッ. “I won’t take too long to catch the shiny Forretress.”
Parissong scoffs at ExLight. “That’s assuming I don’t catch it first, Ex,” he retorts.
“I just wonder if I’ll catch even one regular Pokémon before someone nabs that shiny,” @Felly says.
“...okay, glad we’re already off the topic of how there might not even be a shiny Forretress,” @jdthebud mutters, rolling his eyes.

A Yanmega zips over the boat as the Rotom’s giant fan blades begin to slow their rotation. Finally, the swamp boat comes to a stop at the water’s edge, where a clearing in the wetlands awaits the group. “We’re here!” MegaPod announces. “Everybody, go on out!” One by one, the eleven contestants all step off the boat. MegaPod comes out after them, taking the crate and suitcase out with him. “Now, before we begin, folks, let’s hear a few words from the War Room Wetlands’ very own park ranger, @AussieEevee!” The group turns to face AussieEevee as the Fun and Games moderator walks down a slope to greet them, dressed in a whole park ranger uniform complete with a hat and boots.
“G’day, everybody,” AussieEevee says with a wave. “So, yeah, apparently I have to wear this ranger uniform while I oversee the competition. The other Fun and Games staff said so.”
“Only because I requested it for my game,” MegaPod murmurs to the participants with a snicker.
“...anyways, pay attention, because here’s a few last minute reminders on competition etiquette,” AussieEevee continues before reading something off a clipboard he’s been holding. “Number one: don’t totally ravage the serene beauty of the...quote, unquote, ‘nature’ around you,” he tells the group. “Number two: do not murder each other. Okay, sounds simple enough.” AussieEevee briefly flips up the paper on the clipboard to make sure there’s nothing on the back that he’s missing. “...and I guess that’s it, then. Other than that, go bananas.”
“Thank you, AussieEevee!” MegaPod tells the park ranger. Addressing the group, he adds, “If any of you need guidance from AussieEevee, you can find him right there in the War Room Wetlands Information Center.” MegaPod points to the wood cabin at the top of the slope, which AussieEevee is now walking back towards.
“Wait, what are they doing here?” Contrainer speaks, pointing at @Pika_pika42, @prog rocker, and @Tood, who have now also arrived by water and dragged their canoe ashore.
“Oh, hi, @Pikochu!” calls Pika_pika42, waving at his fellow Pikachu fan, who waves right back.
“Oh, those three? They’re here as tourists,” MegaPod explains. “They’ll simply be observing your competition; they won’t interfere. Now, speaking of the competition...is everybody ready to begin?”
The eleven contestants each reply with a “Yeah” in varying degrees of enthusiasm.
“Alright then! Gather ‘round.” MegaPod stoops down and places a hand on either side of the lid to the Pokéball crate. “On your mark...

Get set...

...GO!”
MegaPod lifts the lid, and each contestant scrambles to scoop up a handful of the periwinkle Pokéballs to use. They all scatter off in different directions to begin their own search for the shiny Forretress.
MegaPod sits down on top of the black briefcase containing the prize and sighs contentedly. “Good luck, everybody,” he chuckles to himself.

———​

Phase 1 has begun! Because it’s the first phase, I’ll lock actions in 72 hours from now. Remember to include the host, Moderator on Duty, and all spectators in any game-related PMs.

Okie, started an adorable OC with everyone, made it groups of 3-4 (not counting me)
Tomorrow I'll flip some coins and let my luck decide who I'm going to shoot, I'll make another OC with the picked ones
lmao this is gonna be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom