• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon SwSh Datamine (Story Version) (SPOILER WARNING).

I think the storyline involving Rose trying to save the environment sounds interesting. We have already seen the effects of it in Ghost Corsola's transformation.
Unless you know about another leak, all we know is that Rose wants to maintain Galar's Dynamax fame for a long time. A far cry from saving the environment.

Unless you know about another leak, all we know is that Rose wants to maintain Galar's Dynamax fame for a long time. A far cry from saving the environment.

Hmmm... I see. I was just basing this on what you guys were saying LOL. :p

I thought that it sounded like Rose was going to use the energy he harvested from the Dynamax to keep the cities running in the future and use this as a way to advertise his tournament. Because it makes him look better if he offers the best of both worlds, both technological development and energy that is good for the environment. We have seen a lot of industries in Galar but there are consequences to that because of stuff like Corsola dying.

This would make him similar to both Archie and Maxie at the same time. Archie wants to save the sea (the environment) from Maxie's technological development which leads to global warming in the long run (the drought is being used to represent this). So it seems like a motivation a Pokémon villian might have.

Hmmm... I see. I was just basing this on what you guys were saying LOL. :p

I thought that it sounded like Rose was going to use the energy he harvested from the Dynamax to keep the cities running in the future and use this as a way to advertise his tournament. Because it makes him look better if he offers the best of both worlds, both technological development and energy that is good for the environment. We have seen a lot of industries in Galar but there are consequences to that because of stuff like Corsola dying.

This would make him similar to both Archie and Maxie at the same time. Archie wants to save the sea (the environment) from Maxie's technological development which leads to global warming in the long run (the drought is being used to represent this). So it seems like a motivation a Pokémon villian might have.
Archie never said anything about global warming, did he? Pretty sure his goal would've involved an Ice type instead if that was the case. Global warming affects a lot of the environment, but it doesn't shrink oceans.

Archie never said anything about global warming, did he? Pretty sure his goal would've involved an Ice type instead if that was the case. Global warming affects a lot of the environment, but it doesn't shrink oceans.

But if he drowns all the humans there won't be anybody polluting the sea anymore. He says that he wants to make the environment better for Pokémon while his rival and foil character Maxie wants to make the world better for humans with more land where he is presumably going to build his industries that will affect the environment. Then there is the creepy drought theme song.

But if he drowns all the humans there won't be anybody polluting the sea anymore. He says that he wants to make the environment better for Pokémon while his rival and foil character Maxie wants to make the world better for humans with more land where he is presumably going to build his industries that will affect the environment. Then there is the creepy drought theme song.
But his intention was not to drown everyone, judging by the words he has after defeating him the last time.

We'll have to wait for the datamine, but I doubt that Rose is an environmentalist. I don't think you can really be one when your own profits are involved. Marnie's town just seems poor, so if anything Rose is like Lysandre in wanting resources for all people around him. The Corsola connection is probably a stretch.

But why would Rose care about running out of energy in 1000 years then? If he is so selfish and just wants to be famous and make money why would he care about the future of Dynamax? Rose will obviously be dead 1000 years in the future unless he is secretly immortal like AZ.

It was mentioned early that the contest of the 1000 years was different, as in he wants Eternatus' energy so that he can profit over Dynamax for a 1000 years.

Hmmm... so he gets paid in advance for the energy he promises to harvest for 1000 years? :unsure:

Or is he a misguided villian who just wants to preserve his country's traditions as long as possible?

Can we unleash Opal on Blue, too, please?
?
what does that even mean?

i don't like bede because i never liked the huge jerk as a rival. i mean yeah, blue was cool, but silver was terrible. now, if it was a jerk rival but got character development like Gladion, i wouldn't mind. Gladion is awesome.

I don't remember Gladion getting character development (he always wanted to stop his mother and never did). Silver certainly mellowed out.

It was mentioned early that the contest of the 1000 years was different, as in he wants Eternatus' energy so that he can profit over Dynamax for a 1000 years.
We don't know that. Some people chose to interpret the leaker/Rose as exaggerating about the 1000 years thing. My own theory is that he just wants to be the new hero of Galar (for a very long time), with only Leon knowing how Eternatus was awakened. Or he might just be stupid; we'll have to wait and see.

I don't remember Gladion getting character development (he always wanted to stop his mother and never did). Silver certainly mellowed out.
Gladion also mellowed out and learned to not be that much of a loner. He also accepts the protagonist as a friend (no matter what he says).
?
what does that even mean?
At the end of the story, Bede is the gym leader instead of Opal (who retires). She still comes back occasionally to the gym, and judging by her card, she is kind of like a boss to him. Not a good boss, either.

At the end of the story, Bede is the gym leader instead of Opal (who retires). She still comes back occasionally to the gym, and judging by her card, she is kind of like a boss to him. Not a good boss, either.
that makes me really happy. i always wanted opal to have a less proper side that she would have like Sonia from Danganronpa

Gladion also mellowed out and learned to not be that much of a loner. He also accepts the protagonist as a friend (no matter what he says).
Okay, but I consider it a given that if someone protects your sister and saves your mother from solitude, you should be thankful to them. Gladion didn't have a conflict with the player to begin with; he just wasn't nice.

Back
Top Bottom