• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

In my opinion Barraskewda has a potential to be a problematic Rain Sweeper (And without it) it has a tremendous speed and attack. A bit lackluster in Defenses but it is the kind of Pokemon that will hit you hard before going down. Give it access to Sword's Dance and you'll have trouble receiving a hard hit.

I love a lot of the new Pokemon for Gen 8. There are just so many great designs. Yes, a lot of them do look kinda doofy, but most of them manage to pull off that slightly goofy look really well. Appletun is a prime example of that.

Definitely have a few new favorites this gen, with 3 of them sitting at the prime spot to potentially make it into my top 10 favorite Pokemon of all time. That's always a good sign when, without even using a Pokemon, I already adore it. My top 3 this gen are Boltund, Flapple, and Indeedee.

Cinderace is my favorite Pokemon this gen. It is cute and cool looking to me.

I also love Hatterene, which is great, even better than Gardevoir IMO. Alcremie is great too, but it won't be on my team because Hatterene is better.

Polteageist is my favorite Ghost type this gen. I love object Pokemon and it's real cute, so.

Falinks is my favorite Fighting type this gen. It looks like a cute team of robots.

I’m very surprised at myself because I’m finding myself wanting to use a lot of these new Pokémon. Usually I aim for 2 or 3 and let fate take me to my team.

Intelleon
Grimsnarl
Theivel
G-Rapidash
Frosmoth
Toxicitry

These are all must haves at some point. Centiscortch, Cursola & Coalossal as well.

Great options I think this gen, and the limited dex will make it much more challenging.

I've loved everything so far for the most part. It's the first time where I've loved every starter's line since Johto. I've loved how cute some are. Laughed at how silly some are. And cheered at how cool some are.

Even penguin ice bomb head. Dunno why he gets so much hate. He looks like piplup to me. Only his head is made of ice.

They're all pretty great but I always say that. My favorite leaked ones are probably Boltund, Skwovet, Frosmoth, Runerigus, Dubwool, Corvisquire, Barraskewda, Sinistea, Coalossal, Perrserker, the Clobbopus line, the Dreepy line, Dracozolt, Arctozolt, and Dracovish.

I know that's like at least a third of them but that's just what happens with me and these smaller rosters. :p

The only Pokemon I'm "ehhhh" over is the Blipbug line. I mean it's cool that we're getting a full ladybug life cycle as a pokemon family. But at the same time I'm not too big on Orbeetle being a tiny little person. I mean maybe it's just me, but the least they could have done was like maybe change the pattern to set it apart from Ledyba and Ledian.

But as usual, I guess it will grow on me sooner or later. But right now it just seems awkward.

The only Pokemon I'm "ehhhh" over is the Blipbug line. I mean it's cool that we're getting a full ladybug life cycle as a pokemon family. But at the same time I'm not too big on Orbeetle being a tiny little person. I mean maybe it's just me, but the least they could have done was like maybe change the pattern to set it apart from Ledyba and Ledian.

But as usual, I guess it will grow on me sooner or later. But right now it just seems awkward.
My big problem with that line is Blipbug itself. It looks weird with those elongated eyes, but like you said, I feel it will end up growing me sooner or later.

Am I the only one who absolutely loves falinks?
I thought it was weird, but learning it was just a bunch of Kirby-like characters in a battle formation made me like it a lot more. At first I thought it was just some hideous caterpillar thing. The idea behind the design is pretty neat. It hits a certain level of strange that I like in some Pokemon designs.

But it's a multi-bodied Pokemon a bit like Dugtrio or Magneton (albeit with a formation gimmick), so I expect they'll get some (somewhat understandable) hate just for that.

Back
Top Bottom