• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise that previously it hasn't required the connection to see the button, just all the stuff that was showing could have been wild area. That second shot though does imply that GTS would be there as the set link code implies that would trigger an online trade, although I suppose they might still code local if you can have a large amount of local connections, seems very unlikely though.

That'll be a very interesting feature cut if that is the case, will make it very hard for some people to complete their Dex.

The leaker is apparently 44 hours into the game and hasn’t seen it. If they are right I would imagine this would ignite the fan rage even more lol

Apparently the leaker has bred a g-max charmander and....it didn't pass the g-form. So basically now competitive players are forced to reach level 100 and bottle cap them. I don't see why on earth you would do that. They improved abilities, they improved egg moves, they improved evs. Couldn't they just make bottle caps level 50?
Apparently the gts is gone. You can only trade local or with people you find in the wild area. The leaker can't find it in the menu.

Gamefreak confirmed you pass on egg moves from one parent to another now so there’s no need to breed for Gmax Pokémon, outside of getting higher IVs which caps address.

Gamefreak confirmed you pass on egg moves from one parent to another now so there’s no need to breed for Gmax Pokémon, outside of getting higher IVs which caps address.
That's was I was talking about. "Outside of"...have you ever seen a competitive player not using pokemon with 31 ivs unless they needed 0 for trick room etc? They made all these improvements but avoided the ivs one and this means people are still gonna cheat and generate pokemon cause no one wants to spend 10 hours to make a Garbodor level 100 just to give it a bunch of bottle caps.

That's was I was talking about. "Outside of"...have you ever seen a competitive player not using pokemon with 31 ivs unless they needed 0 for trick room etc? They made all these improvements but avoided the ivs one and this means people are still gonna cheat and generate pokemon cause no one wants to spend 10 hours to make a Garbodor level 100 just to give it a bunch of bottle caps.

Outside of specific Ivs for 0, 1 and 15 yeah you won’t.

I agree with you in that it doesn’t really address the problem. Not much we can do about it anyway. People who Gen will always Gen and those who want to soft reset or do it the long way will do their path.

You press + Id imagine

no one has gone online for obvious reasons yet though.

you never needed to go online to see GTS on the menu in previous games as far as I know though nor did the online menu change when online outside of some icons being ungreyed out.
We also never needed a subscription to use GTS before, so... considering the only trade and battle options in that menu say "Link" on them, I think that really is just the local menu and that the online menu will be different.

- Some purchasable Technical Records (note: they are one use, equivalent of move tutors) :

Skill Swap
Focus Blast
Stored Power
Low Kick
Heat Wave
Agility
Toxic Spikes
Heavy Slam
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Baton Pass
Dragon Claw
Power Whip
Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Poison Jab
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Dazzling Gleam
Ice Beam
Scald
Endure
Nasty Plot
Darkest Lariat
Sludge Bomb
Close Combat
Dragon Dance
Leaf Blade

- Technical Machines :

magical leaf
rock slide
snore
scary face
steel wing
whirlpool
will-o-wisp
swift
rock tomb
sand tomb
icycle spear
rock blast
u-turn
retaliate
snarl
draining kiss
smart strike
brutal swing
breaking swipe
giga drain
mystical fire
razor shell
bounce
fling
self-Destruct
imprison
trick room

Last edited:
Random question: why is Nintendo against people spoiling the games? It’s usless anyways since only 1 week left and they’re getting free advertisement. Let people enjoy...

Random question: why is Nintendo against people spoiling the games? It’s usless anyways since only 1 week left and they’re getting free advertisement. Let people enjoy...
I see statements like this made a lot, and as someone who has friends who work in gaming, it's honestly their worst nightmare.
For one, they have little control over how information about their game gets spread. Remember before we realized that the 'dex was only going to encompass 400 Pokemon, we had a "leak," claiming that the real number was going to be over 600 because the Pokedex was going to expand for Post Game? Even during the leaks, false information is going to spread disguised as a credible leak due to the confusion. In regards to there being no GTS option in the menu, it could just be that they'll include an update at launch that adds it in, and they're withholding it because the game isn't even out yet. Still, people are now talking about the GTS not being in-game to force us to buy Home subscriptions to do it there. We don't have the full picture, and they can't give it to us, so we're going to fill in those gaps with the leaked info because it's there.
Also, I don't know how it is for GameFreak, but leaks at this scale harm how investors see the developers. Why should they entrust their money to a company that can't keep sensitive information secret? If they're unable to control these things, then they don't seem like a reliable investment. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if relations between GameFreak and TPCi soured a bit during the Sun and Moon 'dex leak due to it being their error. The withholding of some review copies from smaller YouTubers and reviewers might not be GameFreak's decision, but TPCi acting through GameFreak.
Leaks seem fine to fan and players, but at the end of the day, it does more harm than good for the developers.

Last edited:
I wonder what Pokemon gets darkest lariat, since it’s so specific to Incineroar’s theme.
I wonder what the animation of other pokemon for that move will be (hoping they did bother to improve the animations of the pokemon who got that move).

I wonder what the animation of other pokemon for that move will be (hoping they did bother to improve the animations of the pokemon who got that move).
At the risk of being "that guy", but let's be honest with ourselves, it'll most likely be a Pokemon just being spun on its y-axis making its way across the field...

Darkest Lariat

You can buy a Technical Record/Move Tutor ability, and one of them is Darkest Lariat? Like how is this even a possiblity? Incineroar isn't even in the games, Same with Razor Shell, a exclusive move to the Oshawott line, yet the critter isn't there. Like, what kind of logic is there to this?

That said, I could see Machamp using such a move like Darkest Lariat.

Really, sometimes, GF tends to baffle me with the decisions they take.

It might not be exclusive to Incineroar now. As much as I hate the possibility, the same thing happened to Water Shuriken, Mystical Fire and Blaze Kick, and a few other starter signature moves.

Yeah, it sounds really stupid, because it made those Pokémon extra special. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom