• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry about that. =/ I wasn't aware that anyone was avoiding Gmax forms- I figured they were about the same as showing the new pokemon.
Nah it’s ok. It’s not a big spoiler. I have been reading but avoiding all pics. I have seen the starters, the elephant and dubwool. I don’t mind knowing What the new pokemon are, but I have been avoiding pics. Kinda silly but it keeps a lot of surprise in the end for me. I should have mentioned for someone not to post the pic. It’s my bad.

This is what I don’t get. If the only way to do raids is to buy a wishing piece, and the only way to do that is to use watts. Then how are you supposed to get watts if the only way to do that is to battle raids? I would think that there has to be another way to get watts right?

So you are forced to do raids to buy them?

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that raids are not the only way to accumulate Watts.

Edit: Yeah, from IGN...

"You can earn a currency that’s exclusive to the Wild Area called Watts by battling trainers or by approaching dormant Max Raid Battle red beam locations. These Watts can be used to buy items from merchants who are roaming around the area. They sell camping gear, items, and ingredients for delicious curry. Some items for sale are exclusively sold in the Wild Area."

"Approaching" dormant MR beams is interesting. You don't even have to actually do the raid, just go near the burrow and soak up the Watts?

Last edited:
Time to talk about the designs of the two titular Legendaries, Zacian and Zamazenta. After examining them for a while, I really love how much thought has been put up into their designs. Their typing is also pretty fitting, for Zacian more so.

Their Designs:

Zacian's design:

Zacian's typing of Fairy/Steel makes great sense, for Fairy is associated with the moon, and what else is associated with the moon? Wolves, which Zacian is. Its sword's hilt is also reminiscent of a crescent moon, which in turn has associations with silver, a type of metal, explaining the Steel type. Would even be more of a fit if it could learn Moonblast, giving more credence to the moon connection. Zacian can also be slightly associated with a sky theme due to the moon, but most of all, due to its metal wings it sports on the back. This can be strengthened by how the debut trailer had Zacian jump, and attack Zamazenta from the sky. With that in mind, I would not be surprised if it can learn a move like Air Cutter to emphasize the theme of sword attacks. Also, despite Legendaries not having a gender, Zacian, to me, has a more feminine design to it, mostly due to its long french braids of fur, and Femininity, as anyone should know, is also associated with the Moon.

With this in mind, Zacian's overall design could be summed up as something akin to a winged wolf queen of the moon

Zamazenta's design:
Zamazenta's typing is harder to pin-point clearly, moreso than Zacian, but one thing is pretty clear, and that is the fact its design is more geared towards the image of Masculinity. This is further made clear with its primary Fighting-type, which is often put out as a tough-looking power among Pokémon. Unlike Zacian's obvious moon theme, however, Zamazenta's doesn't have a clear theme that makes it associated to the sun, especially because it doesn't sport the Fire-type itself, What is possible, however, like how Zacian takes more towards a sky theme in terms of design, I see Zamazenta's overall design having more a thematic connection to the land. This I can safely support because its signature move, as leaked, is known as Behemoth Bash. This move could be tied back into biblical mythology, where the Behemoth is considered as the mythical beast that governs over the land. Zamazenta also looks very kingly in its full powered form, especially when he deflected Zacian's surprise attack on him in their debut trailer, literally standing its ground. Despite not being Ground-type itself, I expect Zamazenta to learn Ground-type moves as to have a effective weapon against both Zacian and Eternatus.

With this in mind, Zamazenta's design could be summed up as something akin to a armored wolf king of the land

Lastly, the Steel type of both Legends fits with both sky and land themes as well, with the moon, as said before, representing silver, and the lands being a known source from which all sorts of metals can be extracted from within. Its also very funny that Zacian has a more clear theme and design pointing to the moon and the sky, whereas Zamazenta's design and theme is more guess work and not clear at all unless you want to speculate it and form your own fictional themes for it. They are opposites in many ways, and not just in typing only.

Makes me really appreciate the thought GF put into these two.

Will do one later about Eternatus.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that raids are not the only way to accumulate Watts.

Edit: Yeah, from IGN...

"You can earn a currency that’s exclusive to the Wild Area called Watts by battling trainers or by approaching dormant Max Raid Battle red beam locations. These Watts can be used to buy items from merchants who are roaming around the area. They sell camping gear, items, and ingredients for delicious curry. Some items for sale are exclusively sold in the Wild Area."

"Approaching" dormant MR beams is interesting. You don't even have to actually do the raid, just go near the burrow and soak up the Watts?
That’s what I had originally thought, but then I thought I had read the only way you could get them was via raids, so I was all mixed up @.@

I wouldn’t think the raid spot could attack you, but it might would be interesting if you could sneak up on it, and keep them asleep XD. Actually I kind of wish there was sleeping powerful pokemon that you could sneak around to not wake up.

I'll admit that this is a pretty big oof:

1573202062788.png

That's a 65' mon standing next to two 4'11"s and a 1'...

Time to talk about the designs of the two titular Legendaries, Zacian and Zamazenta. After examining them for a while, I really love how much thought has been put up into their designs. Their typing is also pretty fitting, for Zacian more so.

Their Designs:

Zacian's design:

Zacian's typing of Fairy/Steel makes great sense, for Fairy is associated with the moon, and what else is associated with the moon? Wolves, which Zacian is. Its sword's hilt is also reminiscent of a crescent moon, which in turn has associations with silver, a type of metal, explaining the Steel type. Would even be more of a fit if it could learn Moonblast, giving more credence to the moon connection. Zacian can also be slightly associated with a sky theme due to the moon, but most of all, due to its metal wings it sports on the back. This can be strengthened by how the debut trailer had Zacian jump, and attack Zamazenta from the sky. With that in mind, I would not be surprised if it can learn a move like Air Cutter to emphasize the theme of sword attacks. Also, despite Legendaries not having a gender, Zacian, to me, has a more feminine design to it, mostly due to its long french braids of fur, and Femininity, as anyone should know, is also associated with the Moon.

With this in mind, Zacian's overall design could be summed up as something akin to a winged wolf queen of the moon

Zamazenta's design:
Zamazenta's typing is harder to pin-point clearly, moreso than Zacian, but one thing is pretty clear, and that is the fact its design is more geared towards the image of Masculinity. This is further made clear with its primary Fighting-type, which is often put out as a tough-looking power among Pokémon. Unlike Zacian's obvious moon theme, however, Zamazenta's doesn't have a clear theme that makes it associated to the sun, especially because it doesn't sport the Fire-type itself, What is possible, however, like how Zacian takes more towards a sky theme in terms of design, I see Zamazenta's overall design having more a thematic connection to the land. This I can safely support because its signature move, as leaked, is known as Behemoth Bash. This move could be tied back into biblical mythology, where the Behemoth is considered as the mythical beast that governs over the land. Zamazenta also looks very kingly in its full powered form, especially when he deflected Zacian's surprise attack on him in their debut trailer, literally standing its ground. Despite not being Ground-type itself, I expect Zamazenta to learn Ground-type moves as to have a effective weapon against both Zacian and Eternatus.

With this in mind, Zamazenta's design could be summed up as something akin to a armored wolf king of the land

Lastly, the Steel type of both Legends fits with both sky and land themes as well, with the moon, as said before, representing silver, and the lands being a known source from which all sorts of metals can be extracted from within.

Its also very funny that Zacian has a more clear theme and design pointing to the moon and the sky, whereas Zamazenta's design and theme is more guess work and not clear at all unless you want to speculate it and form your own fictional themes for it. They are opposites in many ways, and not just in typing only.

Makes me really appreciate the thought GF put into these two.

Will do one later about Eternatus.
Watch some stupid ass Poketuber steal this in a matter of seconds

@Geo Panthera: You know, personally Zacian still strikes me as slightly more masculine, even with the braids. They just feel ceremonial to me or something idk

is Galarian darmanitan a version exclusive?

We don't know for certain yet, but it sure seems that way since the leaker (who's playing Shield) has still yet to encounter it, while a previous leaker (who I believe had Sword) had it registered as seen in their Dex.

What abou these hidden abilities for the starters?

Rillaboom: Soundproof, Punk rock: The last one boosts the power of sound based moves and reduce the power of sound based moves against the pokemon.
It definitively fits its theme and the access to boomburst. With the new item Throat Spray (Raises Special Attack when a Pokémon uses a sound-based move) it could gain good sp. attack + boosted power after a single sound move.
Cinderace: Limber, Quick feet, Speed boost, Receiver: The first three fit because of its speed/running theme, the last mostly because Passimian got it and was based on sport too.
Intelleon: Protean, Infiltrator, No Guard, Sniper: The first one is basically because it is also based on a chameleon and would fit the theme of a spy. The others fit its sniper theme. I was thinking that especially no guard would fit its bad bulk and ability to always hit the target with a move.

interesting:
252 Atk Charizard Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def ??? (Rillaboom): 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
With a regular charizard, Rillaboom would be able to tank one fucking Flare Blitz! (x mega will brutally incinerate him)
252+ Atk Life Orb ??? (Cinderace) Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 112 Def Volcarona: 316-372 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Even more fun, Cinderace with Flare Blitz will almost completely destroy Volcarona!
And finally:
252+ SpA Life Orb ??? (Inteleon) Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Heatran: 369-437 (95.5 - 113.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
Man, these starters are powerful, all likely OU mons
I'll test the following later:
Corvinight
Boltund
Barraskewda

Does Dynamax only affect HP? Gigantamax? I definitely saw something about the Dynamax bar (raised using items) being for HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom