• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM001 being one hour long is weird, but that means it won't be rushed. The dub will likely split it on two, which means that we already know 6 episodes of the series.

I did expected a Galar arc soon
As seen in my signature
, but not this soon. Hopefully it finally confirms what Ash's goal is in this series.

Last edited:
I was kind of automatically assuming they were going to Galar first, so nice to see that's actually the case. It's definitely the right choice with the games coming out next week. I'll be excited to see it represented in the anime!

Here's hoping it gets a fair amount of representation, like every location of note actually getting covered and not glossed over.... like a certain awesome town in the SM games >.>

If they can make new places in Galar like Shoot City(As far as we know anyways), I hope they actually do cover nearly all the game locations like every other generation has done

Once again, I hope there is scene where Team Rocket complains about Ash's constant globe hopping and trying to catch up with him.

Once again, I hope there is scene where Team Rocket complains about Ash's constant globe hopping and trying to catch up with him.

That's what Dragonite is for?

Speaking of which, I do hope we get something on them soon. They could be in an episode and we just don't know it yet, but I'm very curious how they meet Dragonite. And pray that it isn't just Bewear 2.0
Plus I'm intrigued on what they'll get this time Pokemon wise

The region hopping doesn't seem to have much order to it. I already feel whiplash and the show hasn't even started yet.

I do find it interesting they're skipping around announcing episodes. Maybe they're hiding something, like during the Alola League? All I know is if the Piplup and Crogunk in the artwork for episode 8 aren't Dawn and Brock's, I'm going to be pretty miffed. If out of all the Pokemon from Sinnoh they could've chosen to have a conflict is those two, and there's no connection...then that's just a weird, almost unfair, choice.

The artwork for each episode is really beautiful, though. I will say that.

The region hopping doesn't seem to have much order to it. I already feel whiplash and the show hasn't even started yet.

I do find it interesting they're skipping around announcing episodes. Maybe they're hiding something, like during the Alola League? All I know is if the Piplup and Crogunk in the artwork for episode 8 aren't Dawn and Brock's, I'm going to be pretty miffed. If out of all the Pokemon from Sinnoh they could've chosen to have a conflict is those two, and there's no connection...then that's just a weird, almost unfair, choice.

The artwork for each episode is really beautiful, though. I will say that.
It's possible that the name of an unrevealed Gen 8 Pokemon is in SS007's title.

I've been a bit busy lately so I haven't been really following the news. But from what I read from these last couple of days, based entirely in the episodes' titles (there's already 9 out there lol) it's almost apparent that the focus of the series'll be Satoshi and Gou doing missions in a particular region then coming back to Kuchiba City. No badge quest whatsoever (although this one was sorta expected)

There're other things I'm wondering, like are we gonna have multiple references to past series, see old characters, etc? Furthermore, will we see Satoshi's reserves? It'd be nice if he rotate all Pokemon he's got while still getting new ones (which'd be the main focus)

Good call. Considering the premise of episode 8, I bet episode 7 is about reuniting with Dawn and Brock in Sinnoh. They want that to be a surprise hence not revealing the title. If those really are a different Piplup and Craogunk that would just be downright mean. But remember these two actually are some of the few Pokemon to appear on both promotional posters, so they must be recurring characters rather than just filler mons. That alone makes me think they probably are THE Piplup an Croagunk.

That's also what makes me think episode 5's Snorlax is Ash's. It's featured so prominently on the first poster (next to the Kanto starters no less). That makes it pretty likely to be a recurring character as well, and if so would really only make sense for it to be Ash's. There's also the line from the blurb:

"Compared with Satoshi, the power is transmitted.", (referring to Snorlax). That translation is probably slightly off but it sounds to me like Snorlax achieves Dynamax through cooperation with Satoshi, much like how Mega Evolution worked.

It does seem kind of weird to go from Galar to Sinnoh to Johto, but that might be good in a way. As cool as the basic premise of traveling around different region sounds, I kind of want them to spend more time in Galar than in other regions. Spending a few episodes in other regions here and there might help with that. I'm not sure if they'd want to keep Dawn and Brock's return a surprise, if only because they've already announced episode titles past that point, but it's a neat idea. I'd love to see Dawn again.

I am not very comfortable with the idea of being in any region every other episode. When I first heard of the concept, I thought there would be mini arcs to last for like 10 to 20 episodes, pretty much similar to Dragon Ball. This is rather too energetic and sounds like gallions of fillers are on the way.

Eh... not a fan of what's going on with this new series based on the new titles. Basically just generic pokemon-of-the-day filler episodes all of them, with some nostalgia mixed in. Region jumping from one region to the other in one episode promotes fillers since you cannot do any interesting, lengthy arcs with that setup. I seriously hope this shit stops.

I do hope Ash is gonna have some kind of overarching goal e.g. doing the gym quest in Galar, and that he starts it soon. Else this is going to get boring real fast.

I couldn't care less about Gou's "gotta catch em all goal" either.

Scans from the Animedia feature (thread):
View: https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/1192834453380517888?s=20

Found this part funny:
中性的な美少年・ゴウ
総身のシルエットと目鼻立ちのかっきりした顔立ちが印象的なゴウ。髪の毛の赤いハイライトも中性的なかつオシャレな雰囲気。まさに新時代を切り開く主人公にふさわしいたたずまいだ。

Androgynous Pretty Boy Gou
Gou leaves an impression with his full-body silhouette and clean face. The red highlights in his hair are also androgynous and stylish. It's exactly the appearance suitable for a protagonist opening the new era.

Couple new characters:
unknown.png
Kikuna (CV: Sayaka Senbongi)
Researcher at the Sakuragi Institute. A woman with a calm personality.

Renji (CV: Noriaki Kanze)
Researcher at the Sakuragi Institute. It seems unlikely at first glance, but his abilities are excellent. His rough hair is his trademark.

Gō's Scorbunny is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara and Koharu's Yamper by Inuko Inuyama.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom