• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

wait, it's basically kirby characters in a battle formation?

That makes me love it even more! I love Kirby, and you could probably see that from my avatar!
They're pretty cute:

Also I’m glad that with Rookidee and Corvisquire they finally got rid of the Normal/Flying trope for every bird Pokémon. They should have all been pure Flying from the beginning.
Seeing how Hoothoot and Not-Noctowl were pure Flying in the Spaceworld demo makes me think that that was the intention from the start but something happened (executive meddling) every time and they had to add the Normal Type-

Falinks fan club hi5!!

Also I’m glad that with Rookidee and Corvisquire they finally got rid of the Normal/Flying trope for every bird Pokémon. They should have all been pure Flying from the beginning.
I’d be happy if they got rid of the normal typing completely.

I’d be happy if they got rid of the normal typing completely.
why? there are pokemon that wouldn't fit anywhere else, and there are pokemon that are normal because of a gimmick, the normal type exists for a good reason

Seeing how Hoothoot and Not-Noctowl were pure Flying in the Spaceworld demo makes me think that that was the intention from the start but something happened (executive meddling) every time and they had to add the Normal Type-
I think there were internal names that differed from the public names for the type. Like we know that Flying is often called the "Bird" type in early design docs. I wouldn't be surprised if the design doc listed normal as something like "Kemono" or "Ju" for "Beast-Type" and the internal opinion was that if it looked like a normal animal and couldn't shoot fire, ice, electricity, or leaves than it was a "beast" and got Normal slapped onto it.

I think there were internal names that differed from the public names for the type. Like we know that Flying is often called the "Bird" type in early design docs. I wouldn't be surprised if the design doc listed normal as something like "Kemono" or "Ju" for "Beast-Type" and the internal opinion was that if it looked like a normal animal and couldn't shoot fire, ice, electricity, or leaves than it was a "beast" and got Normal slapped onto it.
Maybe, but like I said, Spaceworld was made later, and both the Hoothoot line and Ho-Oh were pure Flying back then, making me think that the plans to have Flying Pokémon without Normal went back at least to that era, if not earlier, and who's to say they didn't do that to the others? Of course, the only way to prove my theory would be if we ever find Festa Ruby (since it has differences from the final game) or the "bowl-haircut Barry" build of DP (the earliest documented version).

My big problem with that line is Blipbug itself. It looks weird with those elongated eyes, but like you said, I feel it will end up growing me sooner or later.

Yes; these are definitely Pokemon that need to be seen in full animation! I am ashamed to have thought it was an elaborate fake leak for so long, i am thankful for the guidance back to realizing that these special creations are available to enjoy early! I was in disbelief due to how long we have been waiting!!

It does seem like there was a lot of inspiration from the art style of the original blueprint for the first games!
In my head I have been saying that Sword and Shield are simultaneously the softest and hardest reboot that a game series has been given!

So is the Impidimp line the counterpart of the Hattena line? Just wondering.

So is the Impidimp line the counterpart of the Hattena line? Just wondering.
I don't know. Maybe they would be like Volbeat and Illumise in RS: both were available in both games, but Volbeat was more common in Sapphire and Illumise was more common in Ruby.

The leaker definitely caught their own Impidimp (a Shiny one, at that); I'm not sure if they caught their own Hatterene because there was one included in a rental team that they could have used, although they also posted the Dex entries for Hatenna and Hattrem which I would think they'd need to have caught them in order to do, since they're just playing the game rather than plundering the code.

Posting Leaked Images
Hey everyone. Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

Links to other sites displaying images should still be ok, but please avoid posting a straight link with a preview of linked content (for example: Twitter). We suggest instead adding a hyperlink to text to avoid these previews from appearing.

We do not plan to remove previously posted content at this time, but this may change as we receive more information. We will keep you updated as we learn more. Thank you for your understanding, and we hope you enjoy this final week of leaks and speculation.

Back
Top Bottom