• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how would I get a Shiny starter like one of the leakers did? Is there some kind of cheat or method to easily get it? Note even their rival's starter was Shiny.
I'm also wondering how they got their rival's starter to be shiny.

But to answer your other question, you can very likely get a shiny starter through soft resetting. These games luckily have given players the ability to save right before choosing your starter, so you can simply save in front of the starter you are going to choose, click on it, wait for the Pokemon to come up on the screen when it asks if you want to name it. At this point, it will show if the Pokemon is normal or shiny. Then, if not shiny, go into the switch home page and exit out of the game and then go back in and repeat the process till it shines.

I'm also wondering how they got their rival's starter to be shiny.

But to answer your other question, you can very likely get a shiny starter through soft resetting. These games luckily have given players the ability to save right before choosing your starter, so you can simply save in front of the starter you are going to choose, click on it, wait for the Pokemon to come up on the screen when it asks if you want to name it. At this point, it will show if the Pokemon is normal or shiny. Then, if not shiny, go into the switch home page and exit out of the game and then go back in and repeat the process till it shines.

I will definitely soft reset for a female Scorbunny. But a shiny female Scorbunny seems like it would be hard, so unless I'm really lucky, I'll go without a shiny.

Of course, if Shiny Cinderace looks ugly, it's no big loss.

I will definitely soft reset for a female Scorbunny. But a shiny female Scorbunny seems like it would be hard, so unless I'm really lucky, I'll go without a shiny.

Of course, if Shiny Cinderace looks ugly, it's no big loss.
Yeah resetting for a shiny female starter would definitely be difficult. You can always get the normal female Scorbunny and then breed using the Masuda Method for a shiny female Scorbunny later. The odds will still more likely favor a male one, but the odds for a shiny are way higher using the Masuda Method.

I'll probably be sticking with a normal Sobble myself, but I might do a few soft resets for a Shiny one, just for the heck of it. I am excited to see the shinies of all the starters (and all the Pokemon in general), to see if I want to breed for any. Just hope they don't pull a Popplio and decide they still don't want to shine after 1000+ eggs!

I’m going to say the gmax shiny was fake. I would think you can get it, but the grinding would be ridiculous. Not only to get a shiny, but a gmax too. I don’t even wanna do the math. I find the two starters highly unlikely as well.
~~~~~
The den thing is weird...kinda interesting looking, but I don’t get it. It’s on Serebii’s main page if you don’t know what I am talking about.

Also did Serebii actually get nailed in their discussion forum, or did they just take it down under precautions. I found that accidentally. I did not even know they had forums, but they have a disclaimer about it. No more post of leaks due to Nintendo. They took down the leak thread, and they warned that anyone who posts any pics will have their account deleted.

Heal Block will play a important role. Orbeetle.

Tea time will allow user to consume own berries too. If Polteageist gains Recover... Weird that it didnt get secondary fairy type and G-max...

Last edited:
Is it just me or if you turn Hattena upside down it looks like an ice cream cone?

vANILLITE 2.0

I still say it's one of these:

Even if it's not water which is kind of surprising.

You can buy a Technical Record/Move Tutor ability, and one of them is Darkest Lariat? Like how is this even a possiblity? Incineroar isn't even in the games, Same with Razor Shell, a exclusive move to the Oshawott line, yet the critter isn't there. Like, what kind of logic is there to this?

That said, I could see Machamp using such a move like Darkest Lariat.

Really, sometimes, GF tends to baffle me with the decisions they take.

Barbaracle got Razor Shell in XY. No doubt a few more will too.

I’m going to say the gmax shiny was fake. I would think you can get it, but the grinding would be ridiculous. Not only to get a shiny, but a gmax too. I don’t even wanna do the math. I find the two starters highly unlikely as well.
~~~~~
The den thing is weird...kinda interesting looking, but I don’t get it. It’s on Serebii’s main page if you don’t know what I am talking about.

Also did Serebii actually get nailed in their discussion forum, or did they just take it down under precautions. I found that accidentally. I did not even know they had forums, but they have a disclaimer about it. No more post of leaks due to Nintendo. They took down the leak thread, and they warned that anyone who posts any pics will have their account deleted.
Seems that Serebii has been on guard about leaks after receiving a few DMCAs, so I'm not surprised- that is probably just a preemptive crackdown just incase.

Flapple:

unknown.png

Gengar:
unknown.png
Ooooh so there is a Gmax Gengar! I guess Grimmsnarl didn't get that page all to itself after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom