• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that frustrate you in games?

Squidpartiers/octopartiers in Splatoon. I hate game throwers in general with a burning passion unmatched by anyone but the "partiers" are the most common kind. Worst of it is that they go after you when you don't want to join their stupid tirade. This is why I decided that if I can, I will be a jerk to them just so they learn to do their bullcrap in Private Battles instead of doing in public lobbies.

Last edited:
I mostly play live games, which means you are connected with people in the present moment.

Well, what I dislike most is that anyone's behaviors can either make or ruin the game for you, and I dislike people who don't read the game rules.

Lack of/insufficient tutorials.
Monster Hunter World's not the worst at this, but there's a lot of intricacies in there that'd be better explained through more than a couple text boxes. The most egregious offenders are the weapons. You'll get told basic tips about what the weapons do, "rapid blows", "powerful strikes", "attack from a distance", and if you go into the training yard you'll get a couple combo maps and button inputs. But it never tells you about any of the important intricacies to the weapons. How do I get the most out of a long sword's spirit gauge? How do I fight effectively alongside my kinsect? What the fuck do all these HUD icons mean!? It will never tell you. You are expected to work these out through trial and error during gameplay.

People who promote elitist attitudes.

"You're only a real player if you play Ultra Hard Mode..."
"Only filthy casuals would play Normal mode. Ew, normies!"

and occasionally the reverse: "What? Only sad loser nerds play on hard mode and optimise every single move they make. Weirdo."

Just let people enjoy the game as they want, kids.

Vocal minorities who try to take a gaming platform for their own. I'm not going to specify because this is more of a general thing. What's wrong for an online game to be for everyone who wants to play? Mindsets like "this game belong to [insert group]" is extremely toxic and uncalled for. Again, this is more of a general thing because I know there are many types of vocal minority groups who try to do this.

Last edited:
Vocal minorities who try to take a gaming platform for their own. I'm not going to specify because this is more of a general thing. What's wrong for an online game to be for everyone who wants to play? Mindsets like "this game belong to [insert group]" is extremely toxic and uncalled for. Again, this is more of a general thing because I know there are many types of vocal minority groups who try to do this.
This is kinda more or less what I see with some competitive games, where they think that only they should be appealed to. Then again, like you said, they are a minority and other people that play competitively tend to call them out on their behavior.

Lag or glitches during online multiplayer games. For example, games that require more than two people to participate at the same time, but either one person is too fast or one person is lagging behind that it is impossible to get good scores or even complete stages.

when there are hard puzzles in rpgs because my brain is too small : (
also i second everyone saying stuff about ppl having bad attitudes in online games.... elitists and ppl who take out their gamer rage on other players make me sadface

For me, there are two major things that get my Gogoat in games.

First off, it's when you need to obtain items/characters that can very much qualify as bragging rights rewards in order to 100% complete a game. As a casual gamer, I prefer to just take my time and enjoy a game. But when certain items/characters are locked behind extremely high barriers that require insane skill to obtain in order to 100% the game, that's where I fall short. A very good example for me is N. Tropy in Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. While I can unlock his ghosts in the Time Trials, beating his ghosts are quite another thing, ESPECIALLY since it often requires liberal use of Blue Fire, something that I STILL haven't mastered (I suck at racing games because my reflexes get panicky whenever I'm forced to react to high speed events). I've only beaten a couple of his ghosts, with the most recent race (the newest Grand Prix's track) being the first time I actually curb-stomped him (without Blue Fire, despite it being accessible in the track), so unlocking his actual character, let alone his digital clock skin, is a massive uphill battle for me.

Secondly, it's when content is locked behind pre-order bonuses that actually contribute to 100% the game. A good example is Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, as about 11% of the "dex" is locked away behind pre-order codes (BlackAgumon's family, BlackGabumon's family, Beelzemon Blast Mode, etc) and cannot be obtained by any other means in-game. There are ways to get around it (like creating a "foreign" account and download the overseas digital version will contain all the "cut" content), but unless you were there on day 1 with the pre-order code, there isn't any other "legitimate" way of obtaining the missing data. If the pre-order stuff was just bonus content then I have no beef with it, but when it's content that is actually important to the game and it gets locked behind pre-order codes with no other way of obtaining it THAT'S when it crosses the line.

Secondly, it's when content is locked behind pre-order bonuses that actually contribute to 100% the game. A good example is Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, as about 11% of the "dex" is locked away behind pre-order codes (BlackAgumon's family, BlackGabumon's family, Beelzemon Blast Mode, etc) and cannot be obtained by any other means in-game. There are ways to get around it (like creating a "foreign" account and download the overseas digital version will contain all the "cut" content), but unless you were there on day 1 with the pre-order code, there isn't any other "legitimate" way of obtaining the missing data. If the pre-order stuff was just bonus content then I have no beef with it, but when it's content that is actually important to the game and it gets locked behind pre-order codes with no other way of obtaining it THAT'S when it crosses the line.
Wait, what??? What kind of person does this? When Rock Band 3 had pre-order bonuses, they at least programmed a code to obtain them for the people that got it elsewhere.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom