• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only 9 Kanto Pokemon (so far) with Gigantamax forms - Charizard, Butterfree, Pikachu, Meowth, Machamp, Gengar, Kingler, Lapras and Eevee.
Aside from Venusaur and Blastoise, that leaves 140 without Gigantamax forms. Would be a smaller number obviously if you discount non-fully evolved Pokemon and ones with Galarian forms (I would count it out but I am hungover and can't be bothered).

Well, I hope the pokemon called Sarcasm gets a gigantamax form too then!!

I def feel Sinnoh remakes will feature Dynamax in the same way ORAS featured mega evolution tbh

Theres a lot of exciting ways they can approach this as well !

yeah but gen 4 will rather try to start mixing it up... taking that 8 kanto forms can be there... they could give Venusaur and Blastoise there either megas of G-forms...
Also it was a generation where gen 2 starters where used.
Taking that they made us hungry for Megas, bringing them back there and use also G-max to test the mix would actualy be pretty cool.
They could add some more new of this and that.

3 Sinnoh starters, 3 Johto Starters, 2 Kanto starters with only one mega forms and a lot of pokemon that could get something... taking that gen 1 and 3 got megas, gen 2 and 4 should too...
also creating 20 new G-max in gen 4 ? only?

5 legendaries + 3+3+2 starters, thats 13, Slowbro and Frosslas, thats 15, Flygon 16...
Torcoal, Dunsparce and Girafarig maybe get gen 9 regional second stage evolutions
(without changing their base forms) or get new evolutions in the gen 4 remakes, who knows... or megas? 16?

Taking that gen 4 uses only pokemon from four generations, (493 -the ones that were not in it)
we would have theresomething like 470 pokemon + alredy existing 50 mega forms+ maybe 20 new megas + maybe some new evolutions(the same generation gave us Electrivire and Magmortar)+ maybe 10 new Gigantamax forms and some places to Dynamax...

3 out of 8 gym leaders have alredy Mega potential pokemon in their teams...
Water, fighting, ghost and ice.
Maybe a mix that some will use megas and some G-max ... but like I said I see legendaries and not many extra canidate.
The Elite four Cynthia has a Garchomp that has Mega potential and we didn't get a G-max Garchomp...
they avoided maybe on puerpose?
maybe they plan a second Mega form for Garchomp? for Cynthia?

Do you think Maylene could evolve Machoke and use G-Machamp and Mega Lucario?
Or they would there give her a G-Lucario? avoiding giving one in gen 8?

__
Hope only gen 9 will stop creating to much new gimmicks and will focus on this 3 and maybe create fussions(mega and gigantamax when united into one) for specific pairs of pokemon and moves and abilities to cause/start double battles during regular single battles.
_

weird how leaker avoids mentioning G-max moves of most new G-forms?
Would it be possible if the games are always online that they could change content before game realese and umpload it to all players with those game codes? and that the leaker is a Game freak operation to check our opinions? I know wishful thinking too much...

Flapple looks like it could use a G-move to destroy berries and drain hp or something at once...
It ate the apple a left a shel to hide and protect itself... Disquise would be perfect for a fast dual attacker... or it uses a substitute that is like eiscues but on grassy terrain?
its the oposite of appletun it ate the apple... also nice that you can have a apple or eat a apple, those two lines show it...

Gengars G-move maybe Curses the oponent or traps it like shadow tag?
Really weird to hide that info from us...

Last edited:
I def feel Sinnoh remakes will feature Dynamax in the same way ORAS featured mega evolution tbh

Theres a lot of exciting ways they can approach this as well !

yes but people want their megas too.
___
othe thing about Centiscorch fire/bug

What sound does fire make?
crackling, sputtering, snapping, roaring blaze, popping, sizzling, the crisp “snip-snap-whoosh” of the roaring blaze

“The heat scorched the countryside” Synonyms: sear Types: sizzle. burn or sear with a sizzling sound.

Does fire have a frequency?
At a certain frequency, the sound waves “separate the oxygen [in the fire] from the fuel. ... They tried ultra-high frequencies, such as 20,000 or 30,000 hertz, and could see the flames vibrating but not going out. They took it down low, and at the range of 30 to 60 hertz, the fires began to extinguish.

it could get a sound fire type move Fire Crackle, Sear Burn, Sizzle Burn, Scorch Sizzle.
Would make sense taking that we got grass, ice, water sound moves and probably electric and poison... Bug type too... in the past... A fire sound move would be perfect taking it's name.
___

Hmmm our grass starter may get a new better sound ability, belive that it could give it immunity to sound moves and allow it to throw them back at the enemy in the same turn they used it.
I think the Drum will be the way...

Also I belive the new rock looking pokemon Stonejourner ( Journer song , or traveler) pokemon may use a rock type sound move this generation. Last 2 gen we got only 3 new sound moves of new types, onesound ability through 7 generations... only 8 types got sound moves, grass and steel had not damage dealing ones.

Would be time to boost sound moves and abilities up especialy after we know that electric/poisons new ability...

Last edited:
So as to not spoil the new Pokemon, here's my swsh team out of context:

She should have gotten a Galarian pegasus evolution :'( another missed opportunity by Gamefreak.

There may be a Gigantamax form, either that isn't known due to where the guidebook leak stopped, or even one that will be added to the game at a later date!

It's definitely been disproven-
Other Pokemon that receiving new Gigantamaxing forms are:
All four of the Tapu Legendaries, which will become masks to become giant colossi.
Charizard, Flygon, Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and Volcarona will receive Godzilla inspired design changes to their Gigantamaxed forms.
Meltan evolves while Dynamaxed into Melmetal.
Rotom who takes control of the entire stadium to fight.

After becoming Champion the player will be given meet their manager Alan who will help with sponsorships, host tournaments and create advertisements & posters that can be seen around Galar. During these missions provides money & unlocks new outfits, TMs, and access to additional locations of Wild Area.

There are over 98 new Pokemon, more counting form changes.

Potentially very single Pokemon can be obtained in the through online raid battle events. Gamefreak plans to have monthly online raids planned, alongside events hosted at local retailers. One of the first raids planned is Torterra to coincide with the Detective Pikachu movie.

Leon is Team Yell's anonymous leader who uses his social media and power of fandom to target and damage trainers reception so they lose sponsorship, in order to remain an unchallenged champion from trainers who he thinks could beat him. He thinks that Sonia purposefully let him win their match years ago and feels weak. He capture's the other version's legendary in order to feel powerful despite leaving Galar unprotected from the evil legendary Eternatus.

Eternatus has the power to control the minds of Pokemon and Gigantamaxing and Dynamaxing them into Raid Pokemon. It's the first outright evil Pokemon and can only be caught via Dynamax. In order to use Eternatus the trainer must purify his evil by befriending, playing, and petting it at camps.

I'll post more later.

Thank you!! I had forgotten many of the details of this leak. I am glad that there is not any sort of direct tie in with making a complete set of Gojira lookalikes! It seemed likely for a while, based on how much it was mentioned at the Game Freak conference video stream in the summer.
Some loose references are there which is much better!

Partner Pokemon predictions of our Rivals, Champion, and other major characters:
Hop: Wooloo > Dubwool
Bede: Hattena > Hattrem > Hatterene
Marnie: Morpeko
Leon: Dreepy > Drakloak > Dragapult
Sonia: Skwovet > Greedunt
Oleana: Nickit > Thievul (they both look evil)
Rose: Garbodor (he is trash)

Anyone have a compiled gallery of all the league cards, including Hop Bede and Marnie?

Partner Pokemon predictions of our Rivals, Champion, and other major characters:
Hop: Wooloo > Dubwool
Bede: Hattena > Hattrem > Hatterene
Marnie: Morpeko
Leon: Dreepy > Drakloak > Dragapult
Sonia: Skwovet > Greedunt
Oleana: Nickit > Thievul (they both look evil)
Rose: Garbodor (he is trash)
It's kinda funny a Route 1 mon is considered Hop's partner than the starter

Bede you know I mostly speculated his partner would be an Impidimp

Wouldn't Leon's partner be Charizard?

Oleana I would say give her Rose's.

Rose I thought would have the mystery elephant

Last edited:
yes but people want their megas too.
___
othe thing about Centiscorch fire/bug

What sound does fire make?
crackling, sputtering, snapping, roaring blaze, popping, sizzling, the crisp “snip-snap-whoosh” of the roaring blaze

“The heat scorched the countryside” Synonyms: sear Types: sizzle. burn or sear with a sizzling sound.

Does fire have a frequency?
At a certain frequency, the sound waves “separate the oxygen [in the fire] from the fuel. ... They tried ultra-high frequencies, such as 20,000 or 30,000 hertz, and could see the flames vibrating but not going out. They took it down low, and at the range of 30 to 60 hertz, the fires began to extinguish.

it could get a sound fire type move Fire Crackle, Sear Burn, Sizzle Burn, Scorch Sizzle.
Would make sense taking that we got grass, ice, water sound moves and probably electric and poison... Bug type too... in the past... A fire sound move would be perfect taking it's name.
___

Hmmm our grass starter may get a new better sound ability, belive that it could give it immunity to sound moves and allow it to throw them back at the enemy in the same turn they used it.
I think the Drum will be the way...

Also I belive the new rock looking pokemon Stonejourner ( Journer song , or traveler) pokemon may use a rock type sound move this generation. Last 2 gen we got only 3 new sound moves of new types, onesound ability through 7 generations... only 8 types got sound moves, grass and steel had not damage dealing ones.

Would be time to boost sound moves and abilities up especialy after we know that electric/poisons new ability...
I'm gonna be honest, stonejourner having sound moves makes absolutely no sense. Where in it's design does I look like it would be sound based? Just because a Pokemon has the name of a song doesn't mean it's going to be sound related. In addition your thing for centiskorch also makes no sense. With that logic every single fire type should have a sound move. It's a fucking centipede. The only sounds ones I see right now are rillaboom and toxtricity. Also gamefreak is not going to reimplement megas LMFAO. They got rid of them for a reason. Even if people want them back they're not doing that.

I'm gonna be honest, stonejourner having sound moves makes absolutely no sense. Where in it's design does I look like it would be sound based? Just because a Pokemon has the name of a song doesn't mean it's going to be sound related. In addition your thing for centiskorch also makes no sense. With that logic every single fire type should have a sound move. It's a fucking centipede. The only sounds ones I see right now are rillaboom and toxtricity. Also gamefreak is not going to reimplement megas LMFAO. They got rid of them for a reason. Even if people want them back they're not doing that.

they said this games, not whole... also profesor of this region mentions other researeches in Kalos and Alola. They will be back in gen 4 remakes and we will get new ones for sure.
_
Not every pokemon with sound moves and soundproof looks like one...
look at list of moves and pokemon.
Taking that no fire type ever had sound relations done right it would be time to change that.

We may even get ghost sound moves... ghost scream...
___
One good thing Cursola may get Curse but maybe Perish song and Sparkling Aria too...
Soak, interesting if Polteageist will get Soak?

Cursola and Corsola may get water compaction, water veil, storm drain? hope water compaction will half power of water moves this time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom