• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia The Fantastic Forretress Face-off (Gun Show V1) - Phase 3 - 11/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phase 2 - The Explosive Exploration Escalates Expeditiously
The eleven contestants all split up and go their own way, each with a supply of periwinkle Pokéballs on hand. “Aha!” @Parissong shouts, spying a regular Forretress on the ground. He lobs the first ball of the game at the metallic bagworm. The ball wobbles a few times, and as promised, clicks unfailingly. Parissong picks up his catch with a smile. “You’ll be useful to me, won’t you?” The expert Pokémon catcher strolls deeper into the wetlands habitat to search for the shiny Forretress. Most of the other players also head into the trees and catch the first Forretress they come across, all hoping to beat Parissong to the punch. But some of them have other ideas.

@Space has one of those other ideas. Noting the presence of Yanmega in the wetlands, Space lurks behind some leaves near the water, waiting for her chance to catch one. Finally, one unsuspecting Ogre Darner perches right in front of her. One of the contest Pokéballs already in hand, Space tosses it straight at the Yanmega from behind. The ball drops to the ground, the Yanmega now contained inside. “Yes!” exclaims Space. She lets the Yanmega back out, takes her folded-up contest pamphlet out of her pocket, and shows the picture on the front to the large dragonfly. “You need to find me this shiny Forretress, okay?” she tells her winged companion, who promptly flies off into the trees.
Suddenly, @Calvin ッ runs up to Space. “What was that ‘yes’ about?” he asks her. “Don’t tell me you already found that shiny.”
“Nope,” she shrugs nonchalantly. “Just a Yanmega.”
Calvin ッ looks up at the sky for a moment. “Oh, I get it. You want an aerial view, don’t you? Two can play at that game.” Calvin ッ spots some Yanmega flitting around reeds growing out of the water. He pulls a ball out and chucks it at one of the Yanmega; however, they all notice him and fly away, while the periwinkle Pokéball plops into the pool purposelessly. @Pika_pika42, @Tood, and @prog rocker, all watching Calvin ッ through binoculars, simply shake their heads and “tsk tsk” at him in unison. Frustrated, Calvin ッ walks back to the crate near MegaPod and scoops up a couple more of the Pokéballs before going off to continue his search from the ground.

@ExLight and @Felly meet up amidst the trees, having each caught a Forretress of their own. “Let’s face it,” ExLight tells Felly, “our individual chances of winning are seriously reduced as long as Parissong is in the running. He’s too good at this catching business. Whaddya say we take...preemptive measures?
“You mean sabotage him?” Felly responds. “I dunno, seems risky.”
“And letting one of our biggest threats run loose isn’t? C’mon, we can eliminate him easily if we ambush him together,” ExLight tells her. “Just follow my lead.”
“Well, alright,” agrees Felly, convinced. The two users head off together to track down Parissong.

Rather than rush deeper into the wetlands himself, @DarthWolf starts by heading inside the Information Center, hoping to come across some sort of clue to the shiny Forretress’ whereabouts. Inside, @AussieEevee sits behind a counter, watching a computer screen. A rack of free maps of the War Room Wetlands hangs on the inside wall, alongside various educational displays and posters in frames. However, what catches DarthWolf’s attention is a large display sitting right in the middle of the room. DarthWolf walks up to it and inspects it closely. It appears to be a scale model of the entire War Room Wetlands, surrounded by a rectangular glass case. The bodies of water in the display all appear to be gently rippling, and each of the tiny trees seem to have leaves that actually rustle in the breeze, as well as minuscule versions of Forretress clinging all over their trunks. Perhaps this was all just the result of incredible attention to detail. But DarthWolf begins to question this when, upon closer inspection, he spots what looks like tiny people walking around the general area near the small wooden model of the Information Center. He picks up a magnifying glass chained to the outside of the display’s pedestal and holds it up to the critters. Amazingly enough, he can perfectly see itty bitty versions of Calvin ッ and Space as the each run deeper into the wetlands, a minute MegaPod still sitting on top of the briefcase right next to the Pokéball crate, and three tiny tourists strolling around as they take in the scenery, all completely oblivious to DarthWolf looking down on them from above. “Whoa...” DarthWolf realizes that he isn’t looking at a scale model of the War Room Wetlands at all, but the War Room Wetlands itself. “So this is more of MegaPod’s weird inception technology,” he says to himself, “like those RM snowglobes he occasionally talks about.” DarthWolf begins scanning the rest of the display with a smirk, having found himself a way to find the shiny Forretress from the comfort of the Information Center.
ExLight leads Felly to an area in the wetlands where the ground level slopes downward into a large depression. “If Paris continues on his current path, he should end up there,” ExLight tells Felly, pointing down to the low ground. “You’ll be able to ambush him from above if you and your Forretress wait at the top of the slope behind these bushes,” indicating his proposed station for Felly. He then points to more bushes at the opposite end of the big dip in the earth. “I’ll be waiting there at the other side to cover you. Sound good?”
Felly nods. “Let’s do this.”
ExLight pats Felly’s shoulder affirmatively, then runs around the perimeter of the depression in the ground and onto the other side. However, in contradiction with what he promised Felly, ExLight does not station himself behind the bushes opposite from her, and instead progresses onwards to look for the shiny Forretress on his own. “That should buy me some time,” he chuckles to himself. “I wonder which one of them will get taken out first.”

@Contrainer wanders about the wetlands, scanning the trees towering above him for any sign of the shiny Forretress. He only sees dozens upon dozens of regular Forretress from where he is. “Man, this place is so huge,” he sighs. Contrainer takes a seat on a rock, pulls off his backpack, and unzips the main pocket, asking “What should I do?” A tied-up @Acrobatic Crobat gasps for air, having been inside the bag this whole time.
“Are you crazy, man?!” Acrobatic Crobat yells in exasperation. “Why are you even dragging me into this nonsense against my will??”
“First of all, I brought you here on accident,” Contrainer replies.
“You tied me up and stuffed me into your bag on accident?” Acrobatic Crobat asks for clarification.
“Second of all, I wasn’t even talking to you.” Contrainer shoves Acrobatic Crobat back inside the backpack and pulls out the Magic 8-Ball he got from MegaPod. However, an Everstone falls out of Contrainer’s bag by mistake...and swiftly flies away, seemingly being pulled through the air by some invisible force. “Wait, what just happened?” Contrainer wonders aloud, zipping his bag back up.

Meanwhile, Felly and her newly caught Forretress look down at Parissong from their hiding place at the top of the slope. As the latter trainer scans his surroundings for any hint of a gold Forretress, the former decides to make her move. “Use Zap Cannon on Paris, now!” Felly whispers to her Forretress. However, just as her Forretress charges up the attack, Contrainer’s flying Everstone suddenly smacks Felly in the head from behind on its path through the air, causing her to bump into her Forretress. The Zap Cannon misses its mark entirely, striking the ground somewhere behind Parissong and catching his attention, while Felly and her Forretress tumble all the way down the slope and land in some mud.
“I figured someone might be bold enough to stalk me,” Parissong chuckles. “A big mistake on your part. Oh, Forretress!” he calls, sending out the Forretress he caught earlier. “Use Explosion!” Parissong jumps out of the way as his own armored bagworm leaps straight at Felly. Felly tries to evade, but slips right back down the slope, reliant on ExLight’s backup which never arrives. Parissong’s Forretress detonates, and the resulting explosion leaves a sizable blast crater in the soil, as well as rendering Felly completely incapacitated. Parissong runs off triumphantly, eager to check the next area for his shiny, gold target.

Felly died by shooting Parissong, and from getting shot by Contrainer!

Somewhere else in the wetlands, Calvin ッ is hard at work climbing one of the trees. “While Space has her Yanmega do all the looking for her, I’ll get an aerial view of my own,” he says to himself. However, the branch he’s hanging onto begins to snap, so he reaches for another handhold; however, the only other one he finds is a Forretress’ appendage, and he inadvertently pulls the Forretress out of the tree with him as he plummets to the ground. The wild Forretress lands on the ground completely distressed, and blows itself up almost immediately, giving Calvin ッ no time to get up and flee.

Calvin ッ shot himself dead!

Having passed up catching any of the numerous regular Forretress he’d seen along the way, @Max1996 follows the soft sound of croaking into a dark area of the wetlands. Walking quietly so as not to disturb the wildlife, he comes across a wide but shallow pond in which several Poliwhirl and Greninja are sitting together peacefully. Max1996 slowly creeps closer to the pond, pulling a Pokéball out, until finally he tosses it at one of the Greninja. The other Greninja in the pond all hop away startled as this one gets captured. Max1996 picks the ball up out of the water and shakes it dry. “Perfect!”
Not much later, Max1996 hears the sound of plants rustling somewhere further ahead. He advances towards the source of the noise, his new Greninja by his side so as to provide assistance. Peering from the shadows, Max1996 spots @chibighost out in the daylight, plucking Bluk Berries off of a plant and contentedly chowing down on them. Max1996 then stifles a gasp due to what he sees next. Out of the bushes somewhere to the right of chibighost emerges none other than a shiny Forretress, its old gold-colored armor glistening beautifully! Somehow, chibighost seems totally oblivious to its presence, but Max1996 knows it won’t last. Figuring it would hinder chibighost long enough for him to catch the shiny Forretress unobstructed, Max1996 instructs his new Greninja to throw a Water Shuriken at a tree branch hanging above chibighost’s head. Greninja complies and launches a watery projectile at the base of the branch, causing it to break off and fall on chibighost’s head, knocking the user down to the ground. Max1996 leaps out of the shadows, while chibighost nearly gags on the bite of Bluk Berry in his mouth as he finally sees the shiny Forretress. “...THE SHINY!!” chibighost blurts, right before a regular Forretress drops onto him from the tree above.
“...uh oh.” Max1996 dodges out of the way, but chibighost remains pinned under the startled Forretress which Max1996 accidentally dropped onto him, right until the moment the bagworm blows up.

chibighost was shot dead by Max1996!

The resulting explosion frightens the shiny Forretress, which immediately hops away to find cover. “...darn it!” Max1886 grumbles as he attempts to pursue it, leaping over a severely injured chibighost.
As another unintended consequence of Max1996’s plan, chibighost’s yell and the following explosion catches the attention of some of the other contestants. @Pikochu runs towards the commotion as fast as he can, with @jdthebud trailing behind him. Not wanting Pikochu to get there first, jdthebud sends out a Forretress mid-pursuit and commands it to repeatedly fire Zap Cannon at Pikochu. Due to the low accuracy of the move, jdthebud’s Forretress can’t seem to land a hit as Pikochu darts through the trees. But then, as Pikochu runs straight through the shallow pond where Max1996 caught his Greninja, one of the Zap Cannon attacks strikes the water. With his feet immersed in the now electrified pool, Pikochu convulses and falls over backwards with a splash as the extreme voltage courses through him. jdthebud pauses for a moment, a bit shocked at what he just did, though certainly not quite as shocked as poor Pikochu.

Pikochu was shot dead by jdthebud!

Parissong also runs towards the site of the latest explosion, spotting ExLight ahead of him. ExLight turns to face Parissong. “I’m warning you,” ExLight calls out, “don’t come any closer.”
“Or what?” Parissong scoffs.
“Or I’ll blast you, of course.” ExLight sends out his Forretress and takes cover behind a thick tree.
“No, you won’t,” Parissong laughs tauntingly, sending out another Forretress of his own.
“Forretress, Explosion!!” ExLight yells from behind the tree. His Forretress complies. However, the force of the explosion pushes the large tree trunk over, which ExLight does not realize in time to avoid being crushed. In turn, all of the Forretress that had been resting in the branches of the fallen tree explode as well, hammering more than enough nails into ExLight’s metaphorical coffin.

ExLight shot himself dead!

Once the explosions come to an end, Parissong steps out from behind his Forretress, which had been shielding them both with Protect the entire time. “Told ya you won’t,” Parissong chuckles. Parissong dabs, then waves farewell to a charred, mangled, unconscious ExLight as he continues on his way.

Still inside the Information Center, DarthWolf notices several tiny explosions go off in different places on the “diorama” of the War Room Wetlands. He decides to take a closer look at the activity in those areas for any sign of the shiny Forretress, determined to use this information to gain the upper hand in the competition.

———​

Felly died by shooting Parissong, and from getting shot by Contrainer!
Calvin ッ shot himself dead!
chibighost was shot dead by Max1996!
Pikochu was shot dead by jdthebud!
ExLight shot himself dead!

It is now Phase 2! I will lock actions in 48 hours, or possibly sooner after I receive an action from every player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom